Issues with the "Phoenix' clearo...any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniele25

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
phoenix
Hello..I posted yesterday about getting my Phoenix clearos in, and I absolutely love how it vapes. I filled the first one twice, no issues. Just went and filled it a 3rd time...the exact same way I did the first two times...and its just not vaping. Not leaking, but not producing any vapor at all. Any ideas what the issue could be?

So..I set that one aside and opened a new one, filled it...took a few really good puffs (the video on GotVapes said to give it a good 5-6 puffs to get it ready), so thats what I was doing...around the 5th puff, I heard some gurgling and started to notice juice all over my hands. It leaked about .7ml out instantly. I'm hesitant to use that one again since I just lost a bunch of my favorite juice. Any idea what the issue could be with that one?

I really love the taste and vapor it produced, so I want to get this right. I'm hesitant to open a 3rd before I get some more info though.

Any insight is appreciated!

Oh...if it helps, I was using them on my mega eGo-T battery. Thanks!

daniele25

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
phoenix
I thought I would add some more info...so I decided to give the original one that was working another try. (I removed the liquid i put in last night when it wasn't vaping) So i filled it again, its working, producing a ton of vapor that is, but has a burnt taste now. Any ideas what could be going on?

I'm so bummed because I was loving this thing the last 2 days.

daniele25

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
phoenix
I thought I should add a link to the product in case the name "Phoenix" is throwing people off. I think its technically a CE3 clearomizer? Here is a link:

GotVapes PHOENiX™ Bottom Coil XL 1.5ml Cartomizer 2.4-2.6ohms [gv-PHOENIX-XL-2.4] - $11.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

If anyone else has had similar issues, I'd love to hear about it and what you did to address it. These things really produce an unbelievable vape...so I'm hoping these issues are either rare, or easily addressed. Thanks!!

melloyello

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
usa
i dont know why you are getting a burnt taste...but you could easily take it apart and clean it out.

as far as juice dump, i havent had it happen but i have some ideas as to why it could.

the tube operated under vacuum lock, if you poked too big of a needle into it, the little filler hole doesnt shup properly, hence giving you a non-vacuum carto. you could swap a silicone gasket from another carto to try.

if the drip tip is too big, its stretching the opening too much and you are getting air into the tube from the side of the top seal.

maybe you would get more thoughts if you posted this on GV forum.

good luck D

rescued

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2012
Memphis
I have these as well. I have one that, after a 3rd or 4th refill, gave a nutty burnt flavor. Come to find out, it was from not not filling it completely up. I think that goes back to the vacuum part of the previous post. Not being full prevented the pressure from pulling juice to the wicks and thus dry burning and tasting awful. I emptied and refilled complety and the burnt flavor went away. However, I recommend a cleaning before refilling. Hope this helps.

Edit: the juice dumping I haven't figured out yet. Mine do that from time to time. Sometimes when I overfill. Sometimes when I dont. Weird. Its almost random. But I'm sure I'm doing something wrong to cause it. Lol.

Sent from my HTC Sensation

Last edited:

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
I have these as well. I have one that, after a 3rd or 4th refill, gave a nutty burnt flavor. Come to find out, it was from not not filling it completely up. I think that goes back to the vacuum part of the previous post. Not being full prevented the pressure from pulling juice to the wicks and thus dry burning and tasting awful. I emptied and refilled complety and the burnt flavor went away. However, I recommend a cleaning before refilling. Hope this helps.

Edit: the juice dumping I haven't figured out yet. Mine do that from time to time. Sometimes when I overfill. Sometimes when I dont. Weird. Its almost random. But I'm sure I'm doing something wrong to cause it. Lol.

I recently got the Phoenix 3ml for my eGo 650 and was initially loving it. After the 3rd or 4th refill I had that awful burnt taste. If I take a puff and then hit the button to vape it seems to get rid of that taste. I didn't realize it worked with a vacuum so the dry puff might be equalizing the air inside? I may have messed that up by doing a partial fill before leaving home for the day. Do I have to make sure I only do a full refill? I'd like to understand this before I recommend it to friends and I'd really like for this to work because I love the vape.

I haven't experienced the juice dump, in fact no leaks at all so far.

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Maybe the e-liquid dump (juice dump...lol), is caused by the little hole that the clearo gets filled from. I noticed that if you pull the syringe out while it is upside down, the hole gets just a little bit of juice into it and it plugs the hole (my turn with the jokes...lol). If you flip the clearo right side up and then pull the needle out, the hole might not get filled with juice and it might kill the pressure inside the clearo. Just a thought, I have not actually tested this theory.

rescued

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2012
Memphis
I recently got the Phoenix 3ml for my eGo 650 and was initially loving it. After the 3rd or 4th refill I had that awful burnt taste. If I take a puff and then hit the button to vape it seems to get rid of that taste. I didn't realize it worked with a vacuum so the dry puff might be equalizing the air inside? I may have messed that up by doing a partial fill before leaving home for the day. Do I have to make sure I only do a full refill? I'd like to understand this before I recommend it to friends and I'd really like for this to work because I love the vape.

I haven't experienced the juice dump, in fact no leaks at all so far.

Since having the same issue as you, I've began only doing full refills. It's helped a lot. You can vape these things almost completely dry. Then once you see no.more liquid juice it up and pull the needle out upside down. Should help a bunch.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Since having the same issue as you, I've began only doing full refills. It's helped a lot. You can vape these things almost completely dry. Then once you see no.more liquid juice it up and pull the needle out upside down. Should help a bunch.

Thanks. That's what I'm going to do from now on.

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Noticed today, on my third refill of the first CE3, I lost my vapor and TH about half way through the juice. It took me a bit to figure it out. What was happening, somehow, is that I flooded the atomizer. I put my PV upside down and vaped on it for 5 good hits or so and all of sudden the vapor and TH came right back. I am thinking that these might need to be cleaned and dried every 2 to 3 fills. Maybe the juice saturation on the wick causes a pressure loss. I am going to test that theory as soon as I finish my current fill and clean it out.

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
4th refill, on my CE3 XL, turned into a nightmare. like I said I would do, I cleaned the clearo and put the tube back on. As I pressed down on the tube, I noticed small hairline fractures along the bottom, where it goes over the atomizer part. They don't seem to go all the way through, so I filled it upside down with my favorite juice. I took a drive and it was then that the atomizer flooded again, about 15 minutes of vaping on and off. So, I did what I did last time and tilted it upside down and vaped on it. I got a mouth full of e-liquid!! I couldn't get it to work properly anymore, so I went to my backup Fluxo Supreme. Maybe I need to fill the holes up a bit with some more wicking material? I don't have any cartos that I can pull apart to steal from, however:(...

Noticed today, on my third refill of the first CE3, I lost my vapor and TH about half way through the juice. It took me a bit to figure it out. What was happening, somehow, is that I flooded the atomizer. I put my PV upside down and vaped on it for 5 good hits or so and all of sudden the vapor and TH came right back. I am thinking that these might need to be cleaned and dried every 2 to 3 fills. Maybe the juice saturation on the wick causes a pressure loss. I am going to test that theory as soon as I finish my current fill and clean it out.

RavenTai

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
Florida
I like the vape from Ce3/phoenix when they work but they are not reliable for me, I am on my third box, in as many weeks, many last a single day, some go for a week,

I have only had one that leaked, the fill hole was tough on that one so I used the needle in a rotary fashion instead of plunging straight through, the needle cut a plug out of the upper seal leaving an air entry hole causing a catastrophic leak. fortunately (unfortunately?) I had plenty of dead ce3s to cannibalize a seal from.

the rest have failed in two manners about 50/50:
1. gone cold, reads as open circuit, from dis-assembly it appears the connection to the 510 base is problematic
2. coils shift together and bunch up to one side shorting together and dropping resistance, when they short a little they just get hot and the vape gets a dry hit/burnt taste, when they shot a lot my ego shuts down in protection mode, I have had this problem in both top coil and bottom coil versions.

on the ones that shorted I have verified the lowered resistance (as low as one ohm) with my Fluke meter, after dis-assembly and unrolling the coil the the bare wire read the correct mid 2 ohms resistance,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread