Itaste Mvp 2.0 settings question

Status
Not open for further replies.

packers29

Oct 22, 2013
michigan
Hey everyone, I just got an Itaste mvp 2.0. This is my first variable voltage/ wattage device, I come from the old school joye 510's. I have a question regarding settings though, I know you can adjust voltage and wattage, but on the Itaste if i adjust voltage do I need to change wattage too and vice versa or will it change on its own. I am confused about this part because when I tried that, the actual number settings doesnt change until I manually do it myself. Also I am trying to raise the center pin to fit some evod tanks but I cant find anything that'll fit in the small opening to get a hold of it and im nervous about bring it up to high or breaking the center washer that is there. When I connect the evod's its a constant burnt taste and an almost plasticy taste to it, and when I unscrew it off of the MVP there is a small amount of smoke that comes out of that area where the connection pin is. Is this because the center pin isn't making contact with the Evod's ?

RubyRoo

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
Not sure about the center pin, I've heard you can tease it up using a small flathead screwdriver, but I haven't tried that myself.

As far as your VV/VW settings, you only need to change one or the other, not both. If you are using VW mode, just change the wattage to your preferred vape, and the MVP will check the Ohms and adjust your voltage automatically. I recommend using VW as this puts your device into cruise control and will give you the same vape, regardless of the resistance of your atomizer. The display will not show you the voltage setting if you are in VW mode.

Hope this was helpful!

packers29

Oct 22, 2013
michigan
Not sure about the center pin, I've heard you can tease it up using a small flathead screwdriver, but I haven't tried that myself.

As far as your VV/VW settings, you only need to change one or the other, not both. If you are using VW mode, just change the wattage to your preferred vape, and the MVP will check the Ohms and adjust your voltage automatically. I recommend using VW as this puts your device into cruise control and will give you the same vape, regardless of the resistance of your atomizer. The display will not show you the voltage setting if you are in VW mode.

Hope this was helpful!

Thank you everyone, I was confused because if I just set the wattage and not the voltage if I click the voltage to see what it's at, the number on the display never changes so it was confusing me, also because I emailed Innokin support and they said to set the voltage then the wattage. So basically im getting told two completely different ways it should be done.

I got the center pin up, it took some time but I bent a paper clip and just poked at it a little bit at a time and it raised up, it wasn't a lot but I can see its a bit higher up than before.

RubyRoo

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
This mod can be in EITHER wattage mode, or voltage mode. You only ever need to set one or the other. Not both. When you are setting the wattage, then going over to the voltage button, you are changing modes. You cannot set them both. Your user manual should help out as well if you are having any more questions. Also, watch this video if you haven't already. It will help guide you through the menu system. Innokin iTaste MVP V2 - YouTube I hope you get it all sorted out soon. It's truly an outstanding device once you've dialed it in. :)

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
This mod can be in EITHER wattage mode, or voltage mode. You only ever need to set one or the other. Not both. When you are setting the wattage, then going over to the voltage button, you are changing modes. You cannot set them both. Your user manual should help out as well if you are having any more questions. Also, watch this video if you haven't already. It will help guide you through the menu system. Innokin iTaste MVP V2 - YouTube I hope you get it all sorted out soon. It's truly an outstanding device once you've dialed it in. :)

Yes, I too was told from Innoken to set the Voltage then the Wattage which is why I also thought the VV and VW works together. Now that I know, I pretty much only vape on VW mode ;)

packers29

Oct 22, 2013
michigan
Yes, I too was told from Innoken to set the Voltage then the Wattage which is why I also thought the VV and VW works together. Now that I know, I pretty much only vape on VW mode ;)

What would you guys say average is good wattage settings in VW mode? I have the Iclear 30 on my Mod. I am trying this new juice except its 100% PG and I keep getting a burnt taste without the flavor, so Im trying to see where to set it to enjoy the juice.

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
What would you guys say average is good wattage settings in VW mode? I have the Iclear 30 on my Mod. I am trying this new juice except its 100% PG and I keep getting a burnt taste without the flavor, so Im trying to see where to set it to enjoy the juice.

When I use the iclear30 with 2.1 resistance, I like to vape it at 9.5W. However, I use 100% VG, so I would imagine that with 100% PG it would give you a pretty intense throat hit at that wattage. What resistance coil are you using?

packers29

Oct 22, 2013
michigan
When I use the iclear30 with 2.1 resistance, I like to vape it at 9.5W. However, I use 100% VG, so I would imagine that with 100% PG it would give you a pretty intense throat hit at that wattage. What resistance coil are you using?

The coil is 2.2 ohm coil, right now its reading 2.3. All of the coils I have are 2.0 or 2.2 roughly. The 100% PG juice I have now is a juice I saw and thought id try its labeled as hookah juice for electronic hookah, but I called a vape store in my state and they said its the same as any e-cig juice brand, only difference is its 100% PG because they dont use VG in most of them, The taste of other flavors of the juices I tried before were amazing but this one its an Apple flavor and im not getting any apple taste but when I had it mixed with the strawberry juice ( same brand etc) I could and it was good.

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
when I change the coil is there really a break in period before it gets up to full potential and full taste? and if so whats the right way to do that for the Iclear 30s

I drip a very small drop on the coil itself before I fill up my tank. (remove the plastic cone, but be sure to put it back the same way; top slit for top wicks) After I fill the tank, I leave it on its side for about a minute, then rotate to the other side. Its tempting to go over the 3.0ml line but out of habit, I don't go past the top slit on the white rubber cone. Not to say you cant, but I've never had any experience with gurgling or flooding this way.

rangie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
NOTTINGHAM ENGLAND
I find with my i30s I have to leave them for a hour for the juice to get right up to the coil when there new you can also take a few draws on it with out pressing the fire button this will help to get the juice up also I lie mine flat when I put new coils in that puts juice on same level and helps it get to the coil faster I would say if you getting burnt taste with the i30 you will be at to high a setting I vape around 8-10 watts on a 2.0-2.4 ohm but you mite find you cant get it quite right with vv then try vw one way or the other you will get there and when you do you will love it try and get yourself a gene atty like rsst or a aga-t2 and try ss wick you will be amazed how nice the flavour is then I just started with my aga-t2 and im like a baby with a dummy its never out of my mouth now

Saltraker

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2013
Hannibal, Missouri
Can't recommend pulling the center pin on the mod. It's connected to something on the inside and there's a risk of breaking whatever that something is. Also, pulling the pin can deform the insulator that it's riding in. I know from personal experience that the center pin doesn't always make contact with attached devices. I'm trying to solve the issue with my MVP right now. My next idea is to get a 510/510 adapter and see if that helps. Otherwise, I'm using my Spinners. It's a drag, but pulling on the MVP's center pin can't be a good idea.

packers29

Oct 22, 2013
michigan
I don't know what happened but I added some watermelon flavored juice I have here to that apple one and it taste better now, no burnt taste as before. Is it possible it was just the juice the whole time. I have the watts set to 7.0 I believe because its 100% PG and doesn't taste good when its a very warm vape. I heard some people cut the strings that come out of the I30's coils to be shorter, what is the purpose of this? is it really necessary? on my replacement coils I have one so far where some of them are decently longer then the rest. Hope im not bugging you guys yet with all these noob questions.

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
Can't recommend pulling the center pin on the mod. It's connected to something on the inside and there's a risk of breaking whatever that something is. Also, pulling the pin can deform the insulator that it's riding in. I know from personal experience that the center pin doesn't always make contact with attached devices. I'm trying to solve the issue with my MVP right now. My next idea is to get a 510/510 adapter and see if that helps. Otherwise, I'm using my Spinners. It's a drag, but pulling on the MVP's center pin can't be a good idea.

I agree 100%, as a matter of fact, if you have connection issues, I would recommend pulling the post on your attachment; its very simple to do, just insert small screwdriver or bent paperclip and gently wiggle the post out by a half a millimeter. That should solve your problem right away.

B1sh0p

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Chicago
Hey everyone, I just got an Itaste mvp 2.0. This is my first variable voltage/ wattage device, I come from the old school joye 510's. I have a question regarding settings though, I know you can adjust voltage and wattage, but on the Itaste if i adjust voltage do I need to change wattage too and vice versa or will it change on its own. I am confused about this part because when I tried that, the actual number settings doesnt change until I manually do it myself. Also I am trying to raise the center pin to fit some evod tanks but I cant find anything that'll fit in the small opening to get a hold of it and im nervous about bring it up to high or breaking the center washer that is there. When I connect the evod's its a constant burnt taste and an almost plasticy taste to it, and when I unscrew it off of the MVP there is a small amount of smoke that comes out of that area where the connection pin is. Is this because the center pin isn't making contact with the Evod's ?

That problem has nothing to do with the height of the center pin. Always screw down a topper only until you feel slight resistance. Never over tighten. You're most likely getting a burning flavor because your EVODs arent wicking properly. You may have the voltage or wattage set too high. You may be vaping juice that's too thick.

packers29

Oct 22, 2013
michigan
Does anyone have any idea why the Evod tanks I bought aren't working on my mvp 2.0 I get a ohm reading of 2.2 I believe it was, I get vapor production but its just a constant burnt/plasticy almost taste every time. When I go to unscrew the Evod from the MVP there will be a little smoke coming from where it connects onto the mod. I have tried low volt settings and watt settings. I just want to be able to use the Evods without that horrible taste. I am nervous to mess around much with the center pin and mess up anything internally on the mvp 2.0

Baycitypuff

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2013
Bay city, mi

Had this problem on one of my mt3s. Just take needle nose pliers and slightly pull out the bottom pin on the tank. Vaping away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread