Itaste Mvp 2.0 settings question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TXSundevil

Oct 9, 2013
Dallas, TX, USA
Everyone pretty much got your VV and VW questions answered, I had some problems with a couple of my EVOD's as well when I got my new MVP 2.0 over the weekend. LOVE IT BTW!!!! As far as what I did, same as the lasts 2 posts suggested...I gave a little tug on the pin from the evod side....not much, just a little bit...contact was made on the two offenders and they are running like clockwork now. I have taken alot to my Pro tank Mini 2 v2's and my Mini Davide's and they look really nice on the unit as well. Good luck with the EVODS though, Im pretty confident you can get them working as I did. Regardless Ill cross my fingers for ya! Oh and just to comment on the VW settings. Again, I concur with our fellow vapors.....all about the juice! I have a 50/50 pg/vg clove gum I like on 7.5, most of my 70/30 fruit juices I cant seem to get above that without tasting aweful. Something really dark or very high VG, I can crank way up. Just gotta play with your sweet spot....most say 8 is a good place to start...and take a .5 step up and down till you find that sweet spot.

jmur

Aggie AND Moon's Acct., on retainer for Beckyblue
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Connecticut
Got my MVP2 a few hours ago. Absolutely LOVING it! Played with VV/VW settings a bit, found my sweet spot for all my toppers in about 15 minutes. Just made 6 months mark vaping, and yes, this is THE best device I've used yet. As far as knowing what settings are optimal, this little simple calcutor is perfect: Watts - volts - amps - ohms conversion calculator

Baycitypuff

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2013
Bay city, mi
Got my MVP2 a few hours ago. Absolutely LOVING it! Played with VV/VW settings a bit, found my sweet spot for all my toppers in about 15 minutes. Just made 6 months mark vaping, and yes, this is THE best device I've used yet. As far as knowing what settings are optimal, this little simple calcutor is perfect: Watts - volts - amps - ohms conversion calculator

How would I fill those fields in? I can find out the ohms and set the w and v. But the amps? Feeling stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

packers29

Oct 22, 2013
michigan

Thank you very much, that was a lot of help. I love the battery life on this thing though, I started years ago with the old joye 510s with the carts where it had the foam material inside you had to soak with juice and those batteries lasted maybe an hour. I can vape this all day at work and at night at home and still have battery left.

jmur

Aggie AND Moon's Acct., on retainer for Beckyblue
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Connecticut
How would I fill those fields in? I can find out the ohms and set the w and v. But the amps? Feeling stupid.

Don't EVER feel stupid, Bay. Questions are how you learn. And everybody here is more than willing to help. Anyway, don't concern yourself with the amps right now... Just enter the resistance (ohms) of the coil you're using, and the voltage you're at. Then you'll see (courtesy of Ohm's Law) what you would want your wattage at. Pretty cool calculator.

fabricator4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Mackay, Qld. Australia
Does anyone have any idea why the Evod tanks I bought aren't working on my mvp 2.0 I get a ohm reading of 2.2 I believe it was, I get vapor production but its just a constant burnt/plasticy almost taste every time. When I go to unscrew the Evod from the MVP there will be a little smoke coming from where it connects onto the mod. I have tried low volt settings and watt settings. I just want to be able to use the Evods without that horrible taste. I am nervous to mess around much with the center pin and mess up anything internally on the mvp 2.0

Don't mess with the center pin on your MVP, unless it's been pushed in by screwing things on too tight. A bit of vapour coming from the bottom of the clearomiser is not unusual if you take it off immediately after vaping - it's just vapour.

BCC devices don't need the high volts that some other devices do, and in fact will burn if you try to run them too high. Kanger put a little card with ohm/voltage recommendations that basically equates to 6 - 6.5 watts. Most people throw the card away and burn the heads anyway. I've written a little blog on using BCC devices with factory heads which you might find useful:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/fabricator4/5045-bottom-coil-clearomizers.html

The only other thing I'd add is that once you've burnt the head it's always going to taste foul until you replace it. Start with a fresh head, make sure it is wicking properly before you power it up, and don't go over the recommended settings until you really get to know the device.

For a fresh head, I fill it then take a few draws until I can taste that the juice has wicked through. I then start at minimum volts and work my way up until I am at the recommended setting. Once it's running OK, it may take a ml of juice or so before you get full flavour and vapour. This is called "running the head in", and a gentle run-in will prevent burning of the coil. You may notice some off flavours during this period. These flavours may be residues from manufacturing, so I like to boil the heads for a few minutes before I use them for the first time though many people either don't bother or don't notice any problems.

Yankez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
Victoria, B.C.

Thanks for linking the conversion calculator. Big help

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
I use MVP2's for my ADV. Just set the wattage to what you want. It will deal with the voltage. You can get Circuit board spacers from Madvapes that will help you with the clearo problem. I have not tried them yet myself but plan to order a few. You can try pulling out the pin on the clearo instead of trying to get the MVP pin up. Would rather break the clear than the apv.

acousticvillage

Jan 10, 2011
London
This mod can be in EITHER wattage mode, or voltage mode. You only ever need to set one or the other. Not both. When you are setting the wattage, then going over to the voltage button, you are changing modes. You cannot set them both. Your user manual should help out as well if you are having any more questions. Also, watch this video if you haven't already. It will help guide you through the menu system. Innokin iTaste MVP V2 - YouTube I hope you get it all sorted out soon. It's truly an outstanding device once you've dialed it in. :)

Hi RubyRoo.
Thanks for your helpful answer to the question I had been looking for the answer to. However, could I please clarify...I have the itaste MVP2. Are you saying that if you just simply press one of the mode buttons (mine has "v" and "p") it automatically goes into that mode and ignores the other one? If so then this is bery important to note as it is very easy to press either node to read the puff counter...so if you press the "other" one it switches over to that mode?
if this is the case, should we always keep our voltage as low as possible, just in case we accidentally switch modes?
Jim

Brend

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2013
USA
Hi RubyRoo.
Thanks for your helpful answer to the question I had been looking for the answer to. However, could I please clarify...I have the itaste MVP2. Are you saying that if you just simply press one of the mode buttons (mine has "v" and "p") it automatically goes into that mode and ignores the other one? If so then this is bery important to note as it is very easy to press either node to read the puff counter...so if you press the "other" one it switches over to that mode?
if this is the case, should we always keep our voltage as low as possible, just in case we accidentally switch modes?
Jim

Yes it will run in "u" volts or "p" watts depending on which button you push last - & that's a good idea to set the volts
low just in case that button gets accidentally pushed ( we run ours on watts ).

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ussion/473345-itaste-mvp-v2-owners-group.html

bolo058

Apr 13, 2013
Texas city Texas
When you set your itazte mvp 2.0 you should set both the voltage and the wattage. Every time you push the button it gives you so many watts at so many volts. Just like in your home. You turn on a light and you get 100 watts at 120 volts ac. According to the manufacturer and all the electricians I've talked to even in voltage mode you will get so many watts and in wattage mode you will get so many volts. The benefit of vv/vw is you can fine tune the two for your exact taste

imsoenthused

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2011
Tulsa, OK
When you set your itazte mvp 2.0 you should set both the voltage and the wattage. Every time you push the button it gives you so many watts at so many volts. Just like in your home. You turn on a light and you get 100 watts at 120 volts ac. According to the manufacturer and all the electricians I've talked to even in voltage mode you will get so many watts and in wattage mode you will get so many volts. The benefit of vv/vw is you can fine tune the two for your exact taste

No sir, I am afraid you are very, very misinformed. In the old days, we just had to set volts, and if you wanted to know your wattage we used watt's law to calculate it. Wattage is determined by the voltage and resistance of your atomizer. Specifically wattage = voltage * (voltage/resistance). Now that you have variable wattage it checks the resistance of your atomizer and sets the voltage to whatever it needs to be to get the wattage you selected. So, as previous posters mentioned, turning the voltage to the lowest setting is a good idea, just in case you accidentally switch over to variable voltage mode, but you will never need to touch it after that if you are using variable wattage, because variable wattage by definition takes care of setting the voltage to what it has to be to get that wattage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread