Status
Not open for further replies.

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
I've got a white and black 25 coming to me from Vapor DNA. I got it with the tank, as it was all black, and it will still match the silver & black and all black Pico 25s (mods only) that I'm waiting on from Fasttech. Wasn't going to get another tank with yet another proprietary coil, but figured I'd give it a go anyway (praying for them to release an RBA for it :nun:). I've already got plenty of 25mm RTAs to use on it. May go for the red & black at some point, but I think that I'm good for now. :thumb:

Reactions: Eskie

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
E leaf also has a Eleaf Mega kit that has been confusing me, it comes with a larger 26650 battery or the 18650 but a 25 mm tank will not fit on it. I'd like to put the Smok BBB tank on the Pico so I need the Pico 25, it's not in stock at Myvapostore and Fasteck says sometime in June, their tank would be useless to me.

Yeah, the Mega was a total bust for me. Only positive (for some) was the ability to use a 26650 battery for longer run time, but I don't have any of those, just 18650s, so I wasn't going to buy a bigger feeling mod that provided no benefit to me. They should have just simply skipped that one and went right to the Pico 25.

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
I'm posting this info in several threads, but in case someone is searching in the future, here you go...

Joyetech's new ProC coils in the ProCore Aries are compatible/swappable with Eleaf's new HW coils in the ELLO and ELLO Mini.

Joyetech's ProC1 is a more airy draw than the HW1 & HW2. I personally much prefer the flavor of these new Joyetech coils as well so I plan on getting the iStick Pico 25 with ELLO but using the ProC coils.

Figured I'd quote myself so I don't have to repeat anything. I got my Pico 25. It's a little bigger in the hand grip-wise than the Pico of course, but I think it looks and feels great. Based on what I said earlier, I put a Joyetech ProC1 coil in the ELLO tank right away. I was actually most excited and curious to try the tank, because it seems like a 2ml version of the Joyetech Aries (shorter chimney).

I had a ProC1 in my iKonn but wasn't digging it nearly as much as in the Aries. Airflow was more limited, didn't taste quite as good and was a little more harsh. I decided to take the ProC1 out of the iKonn and use that exact coil in the ELLO to see the difference being it didn't get much use. It was night and day. That same coil in the ELLO acts basically exactly like the ProC1 in my Aries. Big thumbs up for the ELLO tank as a 2ml option.

34202989733_6519e36fe6_h.jpg

34330285725_e2aa0c7d2f_h.jpg

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Garnoch-Do the Joytech Pro coils run less hot than the Ello coils? I have an IJust Next Gen and just got my Pico 25 yesterday. I have already burned out 2 Ello coils in the IJust. I am not enjoying how hot the Ello coils run at 50 Watts.

I'm usually running at 50 too, sometimes anywhere from 49 to 52. I can't remember now if I felt if the HW coils ran hot, but I will say I was surprised that the ProC1 stays as cool as it does. Hit it hard and long and it will get warm though. The C2 and C4 get hot faster and I figure that's because the C1 has a lot more air, but even the C2 or C4 isn't hot to the lips. The C1 definitely has more airflow than either of the HW coils, and I personally think it's just a better tasting coil too but that's subjective.

Reactions: Jingles

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
@Carl2 , if you are using an RTA, make sure that the coil mount screws are tight. If you are using drop-in coils (premade coil/wick), perhaps the coil needs to be tightened into the base more. I have the 25, too, and am using the Ello tank/coil that came with it in temperature control, it all seems to be fine.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I checked the coil in the working tank and it read .35 ohms which is a premade coil I bought and that works okay. In the tank that goes into temp mode it is a set of coils I made, I removed the coils and put in another set of premade coils which is working now. So I have two tanks ( both RBAs that work in the Smok or Pico 25, I'll have to try the .40 ohm premade coils next. Looks a little funny the tank 22 mm is a little taller than the vaporizer.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
For the heck of it I tried the Eleaf tank, I changed to the larger Glass, put liquid in and waited. The side of the atomizer said .20 ohms, the Eleaf is saying .28 ohms so I checked that and the tester also says .28 ohms. At low settings of temp or wattage vapor pours out. I'll have to take out the liquid and make sure the Atomizer is screwed in correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread