ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
of course, now I just realized all the OTHER magnet mods I have. :facepalm:

Sharpie Weekend. :party:
And if one pops out, just let the fixed one it mates with grab it, then put a dot on it with a sharpie...hint...the dot is where the glue goes ;) LOL

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
And if one pops out, just let the fixed one it mates with grab it, then put a dot on it with a sharpie...hint...the dot is where the glue goes ;) LOL

:shock: now ya gone an did it -- put ointment on the fly

black DOTs on the outside, don't get them all confused ; DOT them BEFORE they fall out... ;)

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
OK, so the question was asked, I grab the door with a thumbnail and pry one side off, and when re setting the door in place, I line up one side to the chassis and just let 'er snap shut. Maybe that has caused the receiving walls of the mod to expand just a few thousandths of an inch, the metal that catches the cover was measured at like .026- .027 inch, that's not a lot of steel. Could be I just caused a lil play by my own use of the mod.

All in all, it really is not a deal breaker for me, it's just a cover to keep the battery secure and easily accessible, which it does nicely. The strip of Scotch tape wrapped around the edge of the cover has completely alleviated any rattle, perhaps a dot or two of clear nail polish would do the same. Doesn't matter to me, I'm happy with my fix for it.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
just a suggestion to all peeps that have battery door magnets

as they are mounted IN THEIR seats , touch them with a black sharpie so you will always know their orientation

that way if/when they fall out, you know to replace them with the black dot OUT :D

no need to ask where I came up with this... :rolleyes:

Ummm.... the mags in the Jax are black, dear one. :blink:

Perhaps it's SILVER sharpie weekend?

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW

I often get made fun of due to my 'tagging' stuff
with my Silver Metallic Sharpie...

upload_2017-7-21_8-56-11.png

:evil:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Did you just really call lemme to this thread :lol: ;) lmao

I can't believe you channeled that, E. I ALMOST brought his name into this very thread yesterday morning.

That's kinda freaky. :shock:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Twas hard to blame on the food fairies that live behind the stove. I tried. She didn't believe me. :|

It is only important that you tried. We must keep our male reputations intact. ;):thumb:

Uh-oh...

I often get made fun of due to my 'tagging' stuff
with my Silver Metallic Sharpie...

DAYUMIT! Another Amazon order (sigh).

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
I can't believe I now have to acquire a silver sharpie for my vaping habit; will the outrageous demands of this addiction never end?!!

So, in case it helps: I replace my battery door bottom to top (top to bottom would be same, I'm sure), and it's still snug, so maybe that does help avoid the rocking / loosening issue.

You're not alone. But mine was 'worse'. My wife's measuring spoons have a magnet in the handles. They all 'snap' together nicely for storage. One of the magnetic ends came out, so I just glues it back in ... the wrong way. Needless to say, I had to correct that, she wasn't happy about my mistake when the spoons no longer stacked nicely.

I have those measuring spoons! They're the bee's knees! :)

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
I received an email this time from Sarah. She indicated “we are testing some different materials/electroplating methods.” I think I am going to wait for the new cover.

For those of you with battery covers that move I just read this on the Jac website: "I'm having some issues with durability 2 months in, however. The battery lid, which at first was perfectly snug now moves back and forth easily in the hand while vaping. It is also developing a mottled smudge where the finish is wearing off. It is only ever in my hand, pocket, or sitting up on end, so I'm really not sure what it could be wearing on. The edges of the main case around the battery compartment are rather sharp, so the paint has already worn through just from handling/battery changes.” Jac did not respond to the moving doors and only to the finish which basically was the same response I received. It may be worth reporting your battery door issue as they may not be aware that it is beyond this one reviewer - just saying.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I received an email this time from Sarah. She indicated “we are testing some different materials/electroplating methods.” I think I am going to wait for the new cover.

For those of you with battery covers that move I just read this on the Jac website: "I'm having some issues with durability 2 months in, however. The battery lid, which at first was perfectly snug now moves back and forth easily in the hand while vaping. It is also developing a mottled smudge where the finish is wearing off. It is only ever in my hand, pocket, or sitting up on end, so I'm really not sure what it could be wearing on. The edges of the main case around the battery compartment are rather sharp, so the paint has already worn through just from handling/battery changes.” Jac did not respond to the moving doors and only to the finish which basically was the same response I received. It may be worth reporting your battery door issue as they may not be aware that it is beyond this one reviewer - just saying.
I got a hold of Amy at JAC yesterday to bring up my loose battery door issue. She said they had some inquiries about loose doors. So they are aware of it. Their solution was to glue the magnets back in. Only problem with that is getting the magnets out of their cubby holes. But if they do come out, glue them back in...sticky side out. People have the option of sending it back to them and they will do it or just do it yourself (which is a far better alternative).

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

I'm still working on loosening mine up, but I'll get there (and will definitely report it when...).

I like the idea of new doors, and love that they're looking at options. I hope the eventually do one in the same material as the body.

In the meantime, "things" are in play (soon...).

I got a hold of Amy at JAC yesterday to bring up my loose battery door issue. She said they had some inquiries about loose doors. So they are aware of it. Their solution was to glue the magnets back in. Only problem with that is getting the magnets out of their cubby holes. But if they do come out, glue them back in...sticky side out. People have the option of sending it back to them and they will do it or just do it yourself (which is a far better alternative).

Is that the entire cause? Loosened battery?

If so, I'm good to go. I'll just send it to @Katdarling for "fixin'" again. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread