Janty

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to place an order on usa.janty.com and always get an error when completing the order.

Error: Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to www.eprocessingnetwork.com:443
Error: Failure in Processing the Payment (ps_epn)

I used different payment methods with the same error. Also tried to contact them at usaorders@janty.com which use to be a good email address but it comes back undeliverable.

I have placed orders in the past on their European site when the USA site doesn't have the item I need but when I place an order there I'm never asked for payment info.

I've tired using Microsoft Edge, Explorer 11 and Firefox and they all do the same thing...

Does anyone know if they have gone out of business?

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Before you click that "order" button

I ran 'em, and there are some significant trust issues where I would not order from them until they get their stuff in order.

The biggest issue I see is they're using a self signed SSL certificate. Self signed is OK for a static site that doesn't do any business transactions or ask for personal info. Self signed is a HUGE FREAKING NO-NO if you're going to do any type of business transactions.

Reactions: K_Tech

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I've been trying to place an order on usa.janty.com and always get an error when completing the order.
Error: Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to www.eprocessingnetwork.com:443
I used different payment methods with the same error. Also tried to contact them at usaorders@janty.com which use to be a good email address but it comes back undeliverable.
I have placed orders in the past on their European site when the USA site doesn't have the item I need but when I place an order there I'm never asked for payment info.
I've tired using Microsoft Edge, Explorer 11 and Firefox and they all do the same thing...
Welcome and glad you joined. Would not do business with a non well known company that has the only way of contacting them is by e-mail. Could not find any address nor phone contact.

My exact experience with them lately too, sorry to say. I have been dealing with them since 2010 and always had a great experience until now... I am surprised so many commenters consider them unknown, since I was under the impression that they were the force behind JoyeTec or viceversa... and involved somehow in bringing e-cigs to the US. They were the suppliers of my very first rigs way back when..... and I always received good quick service, and my batts & atomizers often lasted much longer coming from them.

I am assuming they have disappeared now, but was posting here in hopes someone would be able to answer this same question......bummer....... can't figure out why they would just walk away, leaving a semi-functional website still up, with no notification to their customers, but then their online presence never was their strong point..... and now, with the weird check-out & code appearing all over the place & the self-signed security certificates, I really wondered if they'd been hacked...... all I can say is they USED to be a very decent company.

Reactions: Izan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread