Status
Not open for further replies.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I just tried one of mine again with a relatively new 0.5 ohm coil head at 19-25 watts and all I get is almost NO flavor at all and a weak airy vape that immediately reminds me of a Blu electronic cigarette... I'm so angry at this thing and I truly am striving to understand how people are saying they are describing their experience with it as "cloudy" and "flavorful".

BTW I'm also getting dry hits every other vape which is the MOST annoying thing so far...

And just to avoid the proper priming lectures I've pre-primed, dry puffed, and allowed to soak every single coil head I've tried anywhere from 1 hr to 2 days. I've invested way too much time in this thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cubis/ProVari with a 50/50 juice.
Not sure what coil I have in this but it's definitely above 1.0 ohm cause the ProVari doesn't fire below 0.9 ohms.

20160315_174923_20160315_174949_zpsitmoylgn.jpg

20160315_182426_20160315_182516_zpsoc9fqhh1.jpg

I having a feeling when you inhale you may be pulling too hard resulting in muted flavor & dry hits.

As far as priming, all I've ever done is fill in the inside of the coil with juice- just til I see it starting to come up thru those tiny air holes. Once done, insert & vape. No need to do any primer pulls.

With the Cubis for me anyway, the 0.5 ohm coils were meh.

!!! G*NOTE FIVE !!!

FishingBuffalo

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Collinsville,TX
Sorry the Cubis didn't work out for you jj. Looking at your avatar you may do better in a Griffin (or other Velocity style deck tank) as you could get that build in one, and I bet that would rock ya. Cubis is not a cloud tank. It basically is a Tootie Tank that can also perform light cloud duty with the .5 coil and a great tank it is! But the Cubis is not for everybody.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Not sure what coil I have in this but it's definitely above 1.0 ohm cause the ProVari doesn't fire below 0.9 ohms.

I having a feeling when you inhale you may be pulling too hard resulting in muted flavor & dry hits.

As far as priming, all I've ever done is fill in the inside of the coil with juice- just til I see it starting to come up thru those tiny air holes. Once done, insert & vape. No need to do any primer pulls.

!!! G*NOTE FIVE !!!
And this one is reading 1.2 ohm. Same vape performance as my white set up.

20160320_141926_20160320_142011_zpsr91rykc8.jpg

!!! G*NOTE FIVE !!!

pappcam

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2015
Canada
I just tried one of mine again with a relatively new 0.5 ohm coil head at 19-25 watts and all I get is almost NO flavor at all and a weak airy vape that immediately reminds me of a Blu electronic cigarette... I'm so angry at this thing and I truly am striving to understand how people are saying they are describing their experience with it as "cloudy" and "flavorful".

BTW I'm also getting dry hits every other vape which is the MOST annoying thing so far...

And just to avoid the proper priming lectures I've pre-primed, dry puffed, and allowed to soak every single coil head I've tried anywhere from 1 hr to 2 days. I've invested way too much time in this thing.

Not sure what to tell you then as I've had no issues on my 1.0ohm coil at 16 watts or at 450 degrees.

Your avatar tells me that this tank is not for you.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
For those of you that are enjoying this tank- can you give a comparison of the flavor you're getting on this to another tank/coil setup? I just can't imagine anyone who uses a variety of other coils, could enjoy the flavor that this provides. Or maybe some of us are getting dud coils.

I have an AIO on the way....just out of pure curiosity, to see if those coils are any better.

pappcam

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2015
Canada
For those of you that are enjoying this tank- can you give a comparison of the flavor you're getting on this to another tank/coil setup? I just can't imagine anyone who uses a variety of other coils, could enjoy the flavor that this provides. Or maybe some of us are getting dud coils.

I have an AIO on the way....just out of pure curiosity, to see if those coils are any better.
I have a Subtank Nano with a 1.2ohm coil in it with the same juice as my Cubis. Just tried them back to back and I really don't notice much difference. I don't subohm so I can't compare those coils.

I believe the AIO coils are the same as the Cubis coils except it comes at 0.6ohms to match the non-adjustable battery/mod that comes with it. From what I can tell by the Joyetech site those 0.6ohm coils are compatible with the Cubis.

Reactions: drysprocket

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I have a Subtank Nano with a 1.2ohm coil in it with the same juice as my Cubis. Just tried them back to back and I really don't notice much difference. I don't subohm so I can't compare those coils.

I believe the AIO coils are the same as the Cubis coils except it comes at 0.6ohms to match the non-adjustable battery/mod that comes with it. From what I can tell by the Joyetech site those 0.6ohm coils are compatible with the Cubis.

Ok, that is very interesting. I use the Kanger 1.2 coils a lot, and the difference between these is night and day. I'm leaning toward some bad batches being in circulation. Or...I've turned into a complete and utter flavor snob :)

FishingBuffalo

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Collinsville,TX
@drysproket- I(Flavor is subjective) I get better flav than my Triton with .5 coil/Fasttech Tiafun, but nothing comes close to my EHPro KF4. IMHO. But that is my experience. I have used all 3 coils with my Cubis 1.5 too tight 1.0 great M2L, .5 good allaround AND I can M2L the .5 if I tighten air (and use 6mg).

@October- I figured out if the tank is very low, I can tilt it until the liquid is not around the coil and then unscrew cap. I think that may keep the vacuum swoosh from flooding the coil. If you can (or anyone) try this to confirm. Then again I may be nutz.

Reactions: drysprocket

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I really want to like the Cubis, because I love the design, but after my initial enthusiasm when I first received it, it has now fallen out of favor.

I initially used the 1.0Ω SS coil using temp control on my Cuboid. The first tank full, the flavor was excellent and I was very impressed. But after the first refill, it seemed it didn't like to wick anymore. I'd constantly have to unscrew the cap, after which I'd see the bubbles come streaming out of the the coil head. The excellent flavor lasted a few pulls again before having to repeat the process over and over. And no, it wasn't overfilled. Excellent flavor from this coil, but I don't have time for a tank that needs to be babied to wick.

The clapton coil had decent flavor, but spits like every other clapton coil I've ever vaped on. Apparently, I just don't like clapton coils in this, or in an RTA/RDA for that matter.

The 0.5Ω had muted flavor when tuned for MTL vaping, so-so flavor with lung hits, which is not how I vape.

Today I purchased a replacement 1.0Ω SS coil in hopes that perhaps I just got a dud in my kit. Being the only coil I enjoyed, if that doesn't work out, I will round file the Cubis.

On an interesting side note, I picked up a Joyetech AIO today and I am realling enjoying it. I love the form factor, and so far, the new 0.6Ω coil seems to be performing well in it....could be an option for the Cubis. In fairness, I am vaping a new-to-me liquid in it, but so far, so good.

For those that might consider the AIO, the included and attached swirly drip tip kills flavor, IMO. The kit included a straight through drip tip, but I opted for a short SS drip tip from my collection to match the SS AIO. :)

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA

!!! G*NOTE FIVE !!!

Sorry the Cubis didn't work out for you jj. Looking at your avatar you may do better in a Griffin (or other Velocity style deck tank) as you could get that build in one, and I bet that would rock ya. Cubis is not a cloud tank. It basically is a Tootie Tank that can also perform light cloud duty with the .5 coil and a great tank it is! But the Cubis is not for everybody.

Alright alright, my avatar is actually pretty old, ALTHOUGH I still enjoy dual fused claptons, I try to get them to where I can use them in TC around 50-70 watts 400 degrees and close off the airflow in my RDAs to more than halfway.

For tanks, I mostly use my OBS Crius with a SS spaced build at around .2 ohms BUT close the airflow to 2/3rds of the way closed and vape it around 40 watts.

When I try to use the Cubis with the 0.5 ohm coil heads or the RBA I actually think the airflow is too much for me all the way open. I prefer it closed off about 1/3rd of the way closed.

I think my avatar is misleading. I don't consider myself a cloud chaser. If I can get a dense, flavorful vape at 10 watts going through 2 ml of juice a day and making vapor production no bigger than a cigarette, I'd be in vape heaven.

I don't think I'm pulling too hard at all with the Cubis. Even with my DNA200 I don't use preheat and I adjust the wattage so I get a gradual ramp up in there so that I can do a smooth, laid-back kind of pull and enjoy that kind of vaping style. I don't like when you press the button and vapor immediately shoots down your throat.

Unless I'm doing something horribly wrong, I think I'm just spoiled by fused clapton RDA flavor... It may just be silly to expect the same kind of flavor from a 85% smaller coil and 66% less wattage... Idk. Like I said I love the flavor I get from my Crius with standard SS316L spaced coils at 30-40 watts. Certainly not as good as fused claptons in an RDA but good enough flavor/vape density that I can leave the house with it and nothing else and be happy.

I force myself to sit down and use the Cubis every now and then but 5 airy, weak, flavorless vapes and 2 dry hits later I just get mad and go get my Crius or an RDA. It's just so finicky for me. It's like an unexpected dry hit too. I'll take little scared puffs and it'll taste like its definitely saturated enough for a vape. Then I'll take a 3-4 second pull...ok, wait 10 seconds, take another 3-4 second pull, ok, still tastes saturated as it can be, wait 10 seconds, start taking another 3-4 second pull and 2 seconds in BAM burnt cotton in my throat. This is where I get angry and almost throw it at the wall.

The vendor sent me another RBA head after I complained about the first one's insulator burning on me. I'll give this one another try with the stock vertical build/wick in it and maybe another build of my own before trying to sell it... anyone want another practically brand new Cubis? I got white and black...

StirredStill

Jan 20, 2016
Canada
Ok, that is very interesting. I use the Kanger 1.2 coils a lot, and the difference between these is night and day. I'm leaning toward some bad batches being in circulation. Or...I've turned into a complete and utter flavor snob :)

I am going to plead:
Higher than normal human standard flavor chaser. I will not lower my expectations.

BUT

Maybe a few of us that got the first of the batch Cubis tanks have just that: the first batch. We all know what that means. Ya ya, I know there is a few people on this thread that got a good one on the first run of em' (happy for you) it does not discount individual persons experiences.

I still stand by: Ya,It blows great amount of cloud (t'was fun.. Truly) but it left barely a taste of my delicious tasting ejuice. -thats a lie... I had too many a times a taste of burnt cotton.

[emoji709]

StirredStill

Jan 20, 2016
Canada
Alright alright, my avatar is actually pretty old, ALTHOUGH I still enjoy dual fused claptons, I try to get them to where I can use them in TC around 50-70 watts 400 degrees and close off the airflow in my RDAs to more than halfway.

For tanks, I mostly use my OBS Crius with a SS spaced build at around .2 ohms BUT close the airflow to 2/3rds of the way closed and vape it around 40 watts.

When I try to use the Cubis with the 0.5 ohm coil heads or the RBA I actually think the airflow is too much for me all the way open. I prefer it closed off about 1/3rd of the way closed.

I think my avatar is misleading. I don't consider myself a cloud chaser. If I can get a dense, flavorful vape at 10 watts going through 2 ml of juice a day and making vapor production no bigger than a cigarette, I'd be in vape heaven.

I don't think I'm pulling too hard at all with the Cubis. Even with my DNA200 I don't use preheat and I adjust the wattage so I get a gradual ramp up in there so that I can do a smooth, laid-back kind of pull and enjoy that kind of vaping style. I don't like when you press the button and vapor immediately shoots down your throat.

Unless I'm doing something horribly wrong, I think I'm just spoiled by fused clapton RDA flavor... It may just be silly to expect the same kind of flavor from a 85% smaller coil and 66% less wattage... Idk. Like I said I love the flavor I get from my Crius with standard SS316L spaced coils at 30-40 watts. Certainly not as good as fused claptons in an RDA but good enough flavor/vape density that I can leave the house with it and nothing else and be happy.

I force myself to sit down and use the Cubis every now and then but 5 airy, weak, flavorless vapes and 2 dry hits later I just get mad and go get my Crius or an RDA. It's just so finicky for me. It's like an unexpected dry hit too. I'll take little scared puffs and it'll taste like its definitely saturated enough for a vape. Then I'll take a 3-4 second pull...ok, wait 10 seconds, take another 3-4 second pull, ok, still tastes saturated as it can be, wait 10 seconds, start taking another 3-4 second pull and 2 seconds in BAM burnt cotton in my throat. This is where I get angry and almost throw it at the wall.

The vendor sent me another RBA head after I complained about the first one's insulator burning on me. I'll give this one another try with the stock vertical build/wick in it and maybe another build of my own before trying to sell it... anyone want another practically brand new Cubis? I got white and black...

That would be a cruel joke to sell those.... Sell it to an unknowing enemy!!

[emoji709]

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Hopefully the Kanger CL Tank will be a step up from the Cubis. Strikingly similar design.

Kanger CL Tank Clearomizer - Vaping Feed

Child lock?? Lol. Idk. I think having childlocks on the mods make more sense than on the atomizer. Seems like something else on the tank that could fail or disturb the air seal. Anyway, this new Kanger Cubis doesn't look as cool IMO as the Council of Vapor Phoenix that I mentioned a few posts back. If it's substantially cheaper and gets good reviews (though I don't know if I trust reviews anymore after the Cubis fail :/) I might be interested.

BTW I like how they market it as "Leaks Free" so does that mean it leaks a lot? Lol. At least when it leaks we can't claim false advertising.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Reactions: KY_Rob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread