Joyetech Evic mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattmc92

Sep 6, 2016
Hello i orderd this vapor and i just wanted to know if i should change the Automizer and How often i need to the the coil?

the joyetech vtc mini is known as a 'mod'. an atomizer is otherwise known as the tank or clearomzier. unless you got a kit, you'll need to buy an atomizer for it to work. coils need to be replaced when vapor production and flavour is lowered.
i would suggest starting out with wattage mode for your device and read up about 18650 battery safety, as well as buying an external charger and some replacement batteries for when you're charging. a battery carrier wouldn't hurt either to keep them safe. also depends what pg/vg ratio you're vaping as to how often coils last, what wattage you're running your mod at, the type of eliquid you're vaping and whether you're mtl or dtl vaping.
there's a lot to learn to keep yourself safe, especially if subohming. i only started three weeks ago, i still have a lot to learn!

Reactions: ceeceeisme

mattmc92

Sep 6, 2016
I got the kit so i get an atomizer I just ordered an 2 batteries of 18650 samsung And i also ordered and Joyetech eGo One CL Coils - 5 Pack and it says 0.5ohm the 1ohm its out of stock what does the 0.5 mean on the coil ?

i think it may have been better starting with an internal battery mod.
0.5ohm is the resistance, and will change what wattage you'll be able to vape between, it usually says on the site or on the coils themselves. what atomizer did you get? it might not even be compatible with your coils.

mattmc92

Sep 6, 2016
What do you mean internal battery mod This mode Comes without an battery so i need to buy it separately

some mods have internal batteries, which are safer for beginners. you've bought an external one, i think it would have been better to start internal whilst you're familiarizing yourself with coils, resistance, wattage, temperature control, battery safety, amps, volts, ohms law etc

vapewild says the joyetech cl 0.5 coils are for 35-45w usage, which is for direct lung inhale / subohm users. your tank and mod are capable of firing this with no troubles.
mtl is mouth to lung, designed to mimic a cigarette.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
It appears that you received either an ego one tank or a tron-s tank with your evic. There are several coils available but it appears that you have the 0.5 ohm kanthal coils. These are for wattage (or power) mode only. Not temperature mode. Make sure you prime those well by putting a few drops in the coil before installing them. If I were you. I would start at about 7-8 watts and go up or down by .5 watts at a time until you find your sweet spot. I use the CLR 1.0 ohm coils at about 8 watts.

How long will they last depends on a lot of factors. How often do you vape (how many mil per day)? What kind of liquid?

My wife and I both use about 7 mil per day. She uses a dark tobacco liquid, I use unflavored liquid. She can go about 7 days (approx 50 mil). I can go nearly month or so (100-200 mil).

Reactions: mattmc92

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2016
North Carolina

The link you provided states "Comes with a CL-Ti 0.4ohm (Pink O-rings) coil head and a CL-Ni 0.2ohm (Blue O-rings) coil head" If you use either of these coils, make sure you use the correct mode. CL-Ti = TEMP TI & CL-Ni = TEMP NI. The extra coils you ordered (Joyetech eGo One CL Coils (Black O-rings) - 5 Pack 0.5ohm) should be used in POWER mode only. Read the manual, be safe & good luck on your journey... :D

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
What do you mean internal battery mod This mode Comes without an battery so i need to buy it separately
Since you made a purchase without knowing that it needed a battery (there is a picture on the link that you posted that shows the mods battery bay), PLEASE read up on this device and research (YouTube is good) on how to use it properly.

EDIT: Read the post the wrong way, I read it as a question. Punctuation helps ;) Vape safe! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: dobroeutro

mattmc92

Sep 6, 2016
Since you made a purchase without knowing that it needed a battery (there is a picture on the link that you posted that shows the mods battery bay), PLEASE read up on this device and research (YouTube is good) on how to use it properly.

he knew it needed a battery, but it seems like this was his first mod from his questions so i suggested an internal one would have been easier while he's learning everything :)

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined. Don't feel too bad, you are not the first to leap into advanced vape gear and skip the fun of finding what works best for you. Suggest you begin at the start of vaping. Might learn the right way and solve your problem(s). All is not lost. You might want to read up on battery selections for your mod. As for the atomizer, could read below.
Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
ECigarette Academy: Essential Need to Know for New Vapers
One Stop Reference Shop For New and Experienced Vapers
Beginner | Guide To Vaping
http://onvaping.com/guide/beginners...cig-battery-basics-cig-a-likes-egos-and-mods/
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum
(4) Good Starter Setups for a Beginning Vapor | E-Cigarette Forum

Might want to do non sub-ohm first (Over1 ohms,pretty much uses the same equipment, the coil/wick is built different). You will get great flavor but the cloud production is not as intense as you can produce with sub ohm'g.
Could look into the pros and cons of sub ohm'g vs non sub ohm'g before you decide which way you want to go. Some folks jump right into sub ohm'g without looking at the hidden ramifications.Successful sub ohm'rs tend to know the ins and outs of vaping. That's why sub ohm'g is tag as advanced vaping.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
The Evic Mini with the Tron S tank is what I started on and is a good system. Just stick with wattage mode to start and you can't go very wrong and if you do you'll know it soon enough. You've purchased the 0.5 ohm coils which is right in the middle of the range from 1.0 to 0.2 ohms. Generally you'll find the higher the resistance the wetter the vape you get so do try various coils as you'll find some juices are better in some than others but that all comes down to personal preference. Stick with wattage (power) mode to start as it works with all the various coils and you don't need to know what the coil is made of to use it properly. Just start each well primed coil at a low wattage of say 6 watts and take a couple of draws, you won't get much. Then start cranking the wattage up by say 5 watts a time, each time taking a few draws. You'll notice you'll go through wet sloppy vapes which are very tastey (often too tasty) on to dry warmer vapes with bigger clouds but lessening taste. Then work the wattage back down to the sort of vap-e you like the best, your sweet spot. Generally if I've got a 1.0 ohm coil I'll settle around 8 to 20 watts, 0.5 and it will be 25 to 40 watts, and 0.2 and it will be 30 to 60 watts but these are just guidelines and they are to my preference not yours. Too high a power and it will taste like you just burned your pillow (and you'll likely have to throw that coil away), too low and you'll get nothing. After you've got that worked out then you can sit and vape comfortably while you start your learning adventure by reading lots about vaping. This vaping thing is all about experimentation and that's half the fun of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread