Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
It's just the anatomy that creates a practical limitation that would not allow juice to accumulate in the back of your throat. If you get juice spitting from a flooded tank, it will land on your tongue, and not the back of your throat. Even if the vapor condenses back to liquid as it's cooled (or more properly converted to your own body temp the longer it's in you) your throat is a mucous membrane that is normally "wet". The amount of juice that could possibly "condense" in the back of your throat is a small percentage of the total "liquid" environment of your upper airway.

When I mentioned post nasal drip it was not in jest. It is entirely possible the vapor is probably causing mild irritation of the membranes resulting in more mucous production to coat and "protect" the tissues. You might very well believe that sensation is the actual liquid, but it is very likely it's simply increased production of normal fluids to protect "lining" of your throat.

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Canada
It's just the anatomy that creates a practical limitation that would not allow juice to accumulate in the back of your throat. If you get juice spitting from a flooded tank, it will land on your tongue, and not the back of your throat. Even if the vapor condenses back to liquid as it's cooled (or more properly converted to your own body temp the longer it's in you) your throat is a mucous membrane that is normally "wet". The amount of juice that could possibly "condense" in the back of your throat is a small percentage of the total "liquid" environment of your upper airway.

When I mentioned post nasal drip it was not in jest. It is entirely possible the vapor is probably causing mild irritation of the membranes resulting in more mucous production to coat and "protect" the tissues. You might very well believe that sensation is the actual liquid, but it is very likely it's simply increased production of normal fluids to protect "lining" of your throat.

Interesting and makes sense. Sometimes after vaping a bunch I get this little tickle in the back of my throat that don't go away until I put the vape down for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread