Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
While tootling away yesterday, I decided that it would be nice to have greater airflow than I get from these thingies that I usually use:

visionvpure6__26666.1378498187.1280.1280.png

Vision V.Pure. They work great. I love 'em. But I wanted just a bit more air, so I don't have to tootle too hard. I thought that glass would be a plus, too.

So I went to my local vape store and bought a Kanger Genitank Mini. Nice. Easy to use, airflow is mega adjustable. It's great!

mini20140826_163714-500x500.jpg

Except for4 one thing--it whistles. Pretty loud. I'm still quite new to vaping so I'm wondering--is this a typical thing for this sort of tank? I mean, all vapes make some noise when you draw on them. But this is pretty loud. If I could tune it, it might make a cool new musical instrument.

Am I using it wrong? Or is this just how it is? What tanks might be less noisy?

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
Well, it doesn't whistle anymore. I used a Dremel tool with a cut off wheel to transform the row of holes into a slot. The result is that it makes a lot less noise, and there's also a wider range of airflow adjustment.

I like it. But I would have liked it more if I hadn't felt the need to modify it.

NoFumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2015
St. Paul, Minnesota
I like it. But I would have liked it more if I hadn't felt the need to modify it.

I have a couple of aerotanks, which understand are essentially the same They are a little loud, but I wouldn't say they whistled. Good for you, that you could fix your own issue though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread