Kanger Genitank Mega coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

solkku

Sep 28, 2014
Helsinki, FI
Hey guys!

I'm a new vaper and I've been vaping on my Kanger Mini Protank 3 + L-Rider Mini Lambo VV-mod for the last couple of weeks. Last week I decided to enter the "big boys club", and ordered a Vamo V5.1 + Kanger Genitank Mega (and batteries + charger). :p I now noticed that the new Genitank Mega comes with Kanger's new type of BDC 1.8ohm coils, as with many other of their new clearos. I have the same ones in my Mini Protank 3 as well, but in 1.5ohm.

Why does Kanger supply 1.8ohm coils with the Mega instead of 1.5ohm? I already ordered 10 extra 1.5ohm coils for the Mini Protank 3, and I'm now wondering if I can use them in the Genitank Mega as well? Or do I have to buy extra 1.8ohm coils for the Mega? I'm a little lost with all these coils, sorry. :facepalm:

I would really appreciate your expertise.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Hey guys!

I'm a new vaper and I've been vaping on my Kanger Mini Protank 3 + L-Rider Mini Lambo VV-mod for the last couple of weeks. Last week I decided to enter the "big boys club", and
ordered a Vamo V5.1 + Kanger Genitank Mega (and batteries + charger). :p
I now noticed that the new Genitank Mega comes with Kanger's new type of BDC 1.8ohm coils, as with many other of their new clearos.
I have the same ones in my Mini Protank 3 as well, but in 1.5ohm.

Why does Kanger supply 1.8ohm coils with the Mega instead of 1.5ohm?
I already ordered 10 extra 1.5ohm coils for the Mini Protank 3, and I'm now wondering if I can use them in the Genitank Mega as well?
Or do I have to buy extra 1.8ohm coils for the Mega? I'm a little lost with all these coils, sorry. :facepalm:

I would really appreciate your expertise.

hello solkku, glad to have you at ECF . . . ;)

it is all a matter of choice

lower #'s Ω will give you a hotter vape (and tax battery more)
higher # Ω will be cooler

then you have the luxury with VV / VW to adjust output to match
your Ω (coil resistance)

can't say why Kanger selects the coils for each (seems kinda weird to me)

but as long as you use the bdc coil get a few diff Ω's and see what you like

different Ω for diff juice maybe, switch for mood maybe, it's all relative...

so yes all bdc coils will work in bdc topper tanks

just your choice what range you wanna be vaping in...

good luck, let us know

:)

solkku

Sep 28, 2014
Helsinki, FI
Thank you for your reply pufZeppelin, I really appreciate it!

I'll test out the two different types of resistance I have and see which one I like the best, once I get the new gear next week.

So could I in theory use 1.5Ω coils with lower wattage to compensate for the hotter vapor and thus saving on battery? As I said, I'm still a beginner and have no idea about how the resistances work. I know I'll use VW-mode on the Vamo and set the wattage to around 10-12W, as it seems to be the sweet spot for the Aerotank Mega (which this Genitank Mega essentially is). I'm not looking for the biggest clouds, just good flavor.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Thank you for your reply pufZeppelin, I really appreciate it!

I'll test out the two different types of resistance I have and see which one I like the best, once I get the new gear next week.

So could I in theory use 1.5Ω coils with lower wattage to compensate for the hotter vapor and thus saving on battery?
As I said, I'm still a beginner and have no idea about how the resistances work.
I know I'll use VW-mode on the Vamo and set the wattage to around 10-12W,
as it seems to be the sweet spot for the Aerotank Mega (which this Genitank Mega essentially is).
I'm not looking for the biggest clouds, just good flavor.

yes, exactly

just adjust to where you think it best (start low & climb)

I rarely go beyond 8.0-8.5 watts

Aerotank vs Genitank ($$) , both with afc & ego cone...

•genitank is entry level (affordable)
chromed brass / no steel tank (glass only) / one coil

•aerotank is top-o-line
stainless steel / second steel tank included / 2 or 3 coils

they're SUPPOSED to sell cheaper so the peeps will buy,
but MOST vendors barely discount them, trying to get aero $$ from them...

solkku

Sep 28, 2014
Helsinki, FI
That's what I wanted to hear, so I guess I've understood something right, even though I wasn't totally certain hehe. :toast:

I believe the Genitank is actually chromeplated copper, not brass. But anyway, I was aware of the differences, and didn't mind the material and the missing steel tank. The Genitank does come with two 1.8Ω coils though. I just thought I'd save a few bucks on it.

I also like the newer airflow implementation from Kanger (not the one from Aerotank v1).

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
That's what I wanted to hear, so I guess I've understood something right, even though I wasn't totally certain hehe. :toast:

I believe the Genitank is actually chromeplated copper, not brass. But anyway, I was aware of the differences, and didn't mind the material and the missing steel tank. The Genitank does come with two 1.8Ω coils though. I just thought I'd save a few bucks on it.

I also like the newer airflow implementation from Kanger (not the one from Aerotank v1).

yepper, you get it then ;)

I also like the 3rd gen afc, works very good...

- http://www.vaparome.fr/img/cms/air-flow-emow-kanger.jpg

- https://www.americanecigsupply.com/...ow_aerotank_glass_clearomizer_black_parts.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread