Kanger IPOW 2 100% Died - Possible Fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bzowk

Dec 20, 2013
Tennessee
Hey Guys -

After purchasing it a month ago, I have enjoyed my IPOW 2. It's the only eGO type battery I have left as others are box ones, but I depend on it as it easily fits in my pocket.

About a hour ago, it had 75% juice left (via the LCD screen) so plugged it up for a bit to a 2A source. A few minutes later, I unplugged it and at the time the LCD showed battery was almost full. 20 minutes later, I pull it out of my pocket and it's off. I click x5 times to power it on (even though I rarely power them off) and it won't power on at all!

I plugged it back into USB on a computer as well as a 1.5A & 2A plug, but absolutely nothing. I pryed the top off and saw it's design of two wires to the actual screw in plug , a small chipset where the clicker is, and about a dozen wires going down to the battery, LCD, and knob. I played with them while plugged in to try to see if it would come on due to a potential short, but nothing happened. I also didn't see any traces which looked burnt.

Any ideas on how I could fix this? The place I got it has a two week warranty which I'm out of (still going to ask) but would it be possible to even hardware it somehow without adding new equipment?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread