Evic vt 60w hard reset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Button Fiend

Jan 25, 2016
Texas
I've lurked this forum since I gave up analogues a year ago and have gained a wealth of information. However after scouring search here (and Google) I have been unable to find info on my current issue.

About a week ago my evic VT stopped charging. It detects the charger plugged in and immediately shows full charge on the power graph but never charges; it goes back to actual charge when unpluged.

I've tried several chargers/cords, computer and even piggybacking off the USB output on my old MVP 20. No joy. I've tried some of the phone remedies i.e. holding down button combinations etc. Nothing has worked.

A few days ago I attempted to drain the battery(not sure I did all the way) left it sitting a day, plugged in and suddenly it started to recharge. (Took 10 hours tof fully). I haven't been able to get that to happen again. This makes me believe that the firmware is the problem.

For some reason it was decided this model would not be upgradable. Does anyone know of a trick to do a "hard reset" as one might do on a glitched/bricked smart phone?

BTW this is the full size litho pack VT, not the 18650 powered mini VT.

Thanks, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread