Kanger kbox 70w no low resistance protection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
If you’re asking about a Kanger Kbox 70w TC with built in 4000mah battery,
all the specs I find are;
Minimum Resistance: 0.1 ohm.
Resistance: 0.15 ohm - 1.3 ohm for Nickel and Titanium Wire
Resistance: 0.3 ohm or above for Nichrome Wire

The protections listed are;
Short circuit protection
Open circuit protection
Low battery warning

Confusing, doesnt mention lowΩ protection.
Doesn't inspire any confidence.

They aren't a quality device, I wouldn't push or trust it, if your instruction manual states .3Ω minimum, I wouldn't use lower nor would I assume it has low Ω protection.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Haven't gotten a straight answer from anyone or any website on this one. The mod fires my crown .25 ohm attys even though the instructions say it won't fire below .3 ohms in the instructions. It's bothering me

There is a tolerance on everything. The 0.25 ohm heads are probably somewhere between 0.20 - 0.30 ohms. The mod's low resistance protection could well be between 0.20 - 0.30 ohms. If you have an ohm checker that also has a tolerance, so even that isn't an accurate way to know what resistance your coils/heads actually are.

I don't worry about it. I've had a Kbox Mini for ages now and beaten it up pretty badly. It has seen a couple of shorts and not fired. My experience with mine has been it's tough as nails and it's also been safe. I wouldn't worry about it.

Reactions: jeepstuff

jeepstuff

Jun 13, 2017
If you’re asking about a Kanger Kbox 70w TC with built in 4000mah battery,
all the specs I find are;
Minimum Resistance: 0.1 ohm.
Resistance: 0.15 ohm - 1.3 ohm for Nickel and Titanium Wire
Resistance: 0.3 ohm or above for Nichrome Wire

The protections listed are;
Short circuit protection
Open circuit protection
Low battery warning

Confusing, doesnt mention lowΩ protection.
Doesn't inspire any confidence.

They aren't a quality device, I wouldn't push or trust it, if your instruction manual states .3Ω minimum, I wouldn't use lower nor would I assume it has low Ω protection.
what makes the kanger k box not a quality device? isn't it on par with eleaf, innokin and other similar devices? and i believe it takes a single 18650 battery.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I thought they were a fairly decent device, not sure why the previous poster said its not a quality device. Never hear too many complaints about them failing.

Vape a high end device sometime and you will understand the difference between low quality, high quality and everything in between.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
Can't say much for the electronics in Kanger mods - they're all pretty much the same at that price point, but the build quality is haphazard bordering on shoddy IMO. The shame of it is that 2-3 years ago i would recommend Kanger products as solid. I wish they'd just stop trying to bring out a new mod every other week and concentrate on the quality...... Sorry for the rant, me tired.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I agree about the Kangertech, it's unreliable, shady, and poorly put together. I, personally, would not attempt to vape super low ohms on any KT device. I think KT has an (undeserved) reputation for quality as they were some of the earlier devices (less bad), but yes, I've seen 1--2 year old KT gear (usually by someone who is mech minded and also not clumsy, so doesn't drop it) But the box is usually battered looking, the paint is flaking off, and it's just... An ugly, unreliable mess. I think a lot of folks who have an issue DO deal with the company directly, thinking it's a one-off thing, and I agree about trying something more.... Substantial if you want to vape that low a wattage, to be sure nothing blows up in your face and to experience something.... Pleasant. How many KT boxes even fit in my hands feel awkward (I have am IPV-5 now, and love it).

This is my opinion only, and plenty of other folks are going to tell you the KT is "great value!" and they have new mods coming out all the time so people will *buy them* and their old mods won't fall apart, self-destruct. Personal theory, but I've seen alot of those KT boxes around and they are uniformly.... Held together will elastic bands/flaking paint/misfiring and I don't GET IT, but that's just me.... If you want to buy a new box every 3--6 months though, and feel ahead of the curve? KT is your company....

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread