Kanger subtank - clean the base?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdubbie

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2013
Dallas
Hello, I will be getting my subtank tomorrow or monday. I plan on cleaning it before first use, but I was wondering, do I clean the base with the air holes? Seems like if I submerge the base in water, it would be difficult to get all the water out and dry.

Here's a screenshot to refer to which part I'm talking about

kanger-subtank-small.jpg

underwhelmd

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
Canada
Hello, I will be getting my subtank tomorrow or monday. I plan on cleaning it before first use, but I was wondering, do I clean the base with the air holes? Seems like if I submerge the base in water, it would be difficult to get all the water out and dry.

View attachment 415958

Yeah man, it's important to keep that part clean. How often you do is up to you but I clean that part every time I clean the rest of the tank and sometimes more often. Once you do it a few times, it's quick. Get the edge of some paper towel in there or a qtip to get the water drops out.

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
FL 510 (Over The Top Baby)
I guess maybe I'm not worried about something I should be but I just clean mine under hot water with a Vodka dip and shake it out then vape on. Moisture gets in there by the very nature of vapor getting in there so having a little residual water from cleaning has never been something I have worried about.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

View attachment 415958

absolutely, yes, in fact it is especially that part you need to get cleaned , not because it's difficult to get water out of there, but because it's difficult to get the machine oil out of there if there is any.

I use hot water from a kettle to clean out stuff.

on a new topper, I'd dunk in hot water and maybe add a drop of dishwashing liquid and leave overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread