Kanger Subtank Mini 510 pin fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
I popped my rba section in today and screwed it on my istick only to see that it read "no atomizer". Turned it off and on again, no change. Unscrewed it and popped out on my mech and it fired fine. So I took it off again and looked in the air holes and my rba wasn't touching the 510 pin! Idk what happened. So I pushed the 510 pin out to look at it and put it back in and pushed it as far as it looks like it can go and looked through the air hole again and there's about a 1-1.5 mm gap or so. Am I missing something here??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
I will when I get home. But as I said when I looked through the air hole on my mini the 510 was not touching the bottom of the rba deck. Is it supposed to?

And the istick 510 is spring loaded and it looked fine. Idk. I guess I could have stuck another atty on there to troubleshoot but I didn't have time.

Last edited:

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona
The RBA not connecting with the 510 pin is a known issue. Your mech likely has a 510 connection that isn't as deep as the istick, so the mech is pushing the 510 pin up just a hair more and making connection. The istick, being spring loaded (I think), isn't putting any pressure at all on the 510 pin. My Vapor Shark rDNA had the same problem.

polarbare

Oct 10, 2014
Texas
The RBA not connecting with the 510 pin is a known issue. Your mech likely has a 510 connection that isn't as deep as the istick, so the mech is pushing the 510 pin up just a hair more and making connection. The istick, being spring loaded (I think), isn't putting any pressure at all on the 510 pin. My Vapor Shark rDNA had the same problem.

It is a design issue - look at the length of the connection on the stock OCC coils and compare it to the RBA section. About 1.5 mm difference. I have five subtank minis - only three of the rebuildable heads will make a connection (all tested with the same base). The heads by themselves show continuity with an ohm meter.

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona
It is a design issue. The problem is the 510 pin on the STm is floating inside the insulator. If the 510 connection of the device you are using doesn't put enough pressure on the STm 510 pin, then it will not push it up far enough to make the connection. Like you said, the RBA is a bit shorter than the OCC head.

I fixed my RBA by adding a ring I made from 24g kanthal that I placed under the head of the deck screw. It lengthened it enough to make a connection with the 510 pin in the base.

Another fix would be to get a heat sink base to put between the the device and the STm, if you don't mind the added length.

1973501-3.jpg

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
Yeah mine was working fine for like a month since I got it. Same combo: istick30w and subtank mini. Why did it suddenly get shorter? Do you think i can just push the pin in deeper on my subtank?

i pushed out the pin on the base and when i screwed it on my istick it pushed itsef in and gave me a connection.
make sure ur screwing the rba on tightly and make sure the base and rba threads are clean where they screw into each other

should look like this normally
510_1.jpg

pushed out to test, push it back in until it stops
510.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread