Kanger SubTank Mini, RBA section problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visivicous

Mar 23, 2009
I've had this tank for a couple of months now, ordered from myvaporstore, and only just decided to try out the included rba section. I followed a guide on youtube, but I have hit a snag. My istick 30W keeps showing no atomizer. After looking through the largest air flow slot, I can see that the rba section is not touching the base pin. Did I receive a defective unit, or did I do something wrong?

Kanger_SubTank_Mini_RBA.jpg

Visivicous

Mar 23, 2009
Everything is screwed down tight, there are no rattles when the base is shaken, nor does anything wiggle or move around. I took the following two pictures to show that there is a length difference between the RBA section and one of the OCC coils.

Kaner_SubTank_RBA_OCC.jpg

Kaner_SubTank_RBA_OCC_2.jpg

I'm not sure if you can really see it in these pictures, but with the OCC coil installed, there is definitely contact.

Kanger_SubTank_Mini_OCC_1.jpg

Kanger_SubTank_Mini_OCC_2.jpg

Last edited:

Visivicous

Mar 23, 2009
So it seems that my subtank is defective. Either the removable pin that sits in the air flow base is too short, or the insulator that the pin sits in is too thick. I'm leaning towards the pin being too short. Found some info on this on another forum, and decided to contact Kanger US directly to see if they would send me a replacement.

Anyone with a Kanger Subtank Mini? Help needed.

DonCon

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2014
central NJ
I saw the same problem on the ni200 occ thread. They said their problem was that on the rba the clearish/whiteish insulator on the rba piece was missing. If you look at the picture you posted with them side by side you'll see on the occ right above the threads below the coil there's an insulator there but on the rba the threading ends at the bottom with no insulator. (This was while looking at post #6)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread