Kanger Toptank Mini fluctuating temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

weirdbeard

May 19, 2017
Hi all,
longtime lurker, first time poster - because I'm stumped.

I like the toptank mini. It's simple, decent capacity, relatively cheap to keep coiled, and up to last week just worked.
Now, I have no idea what is happening. Basically each time I pick up my mod, it's a tossup as to whether the temp I last used will be right, or whether it will need to be cranked up or down 100+ degrees F. The resistance stays the same, but the watts being applied before it hits TC throttling is anywhere between 9 and 45. Sometimes it slowly creeps from one to the other over 5 minutes while I'm vaping. I've had this behavior with both the ss316L and Ni200 pre-built coils (verified authenticity on kanger's website), on both a Joytech Cuboid Mini and a Jacvapour Series-B DNA 75. If anything the DNA 75 has it worse. I took it down to 220 F and was still getting hot hits at one point last night. I've also tried using a 1mm delrin shim between the tank and the mod, no change

The thing that's really puzzling me is that the starting resistance stays basically the same. Taking the stainless coils into wattage mode, they work perfectly fine.
I feel like I've eliminated both the coils and mods as the problem, but that only leaves the tank base itself. I'd understand if it just stopped working. That's happened to me before with tanks. But this meandering temp/wattage pull on a stable resistance curve has me totally stumped.
Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread