Not open for further replies.

TFL!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Chatfield, MN, USA

darin khath

May 22, 2015
Sorry all - dont mean to steal the thread but i needed to make 5 post so i figure i reply and ask some question here. Sorry if this questions has been asked before - i am still new to this game.

My question is, the OCC comes with 0.5 ohm.... Why would I or anyone want or need to do any rebuilding on the Mini RBA.. can the ohm on the mini RBA go lower than the OCC 0.5 sub ohm? Is there a better Vape production or flavor?

I ask because i have the Aspire Atlantis (v1) and... i am little bit disappointed in the hit and taste - not sure if i am doing something wrong or what. Any help is much appreciated. I been dropping so much money and would really like to just find that right tank or better understanding of this.
FYI - I am using the Eleaf 50w.

Last edited:

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
My question is, the OCC comes with 0.5 ohm.... Why would I or anyone want or need to do any rebuilding on the Mini RBA.. can the ohm on the mini RBA go lower than the OCC 0.5 sub ohm? Is there a better Vape production or flavor?

I ask because i have the Aspire Atlantis (v1) and... i am little bit disappointed in the hit and taste - not sure if i am doing something wrong or what. Any help is much appreciated. I been dropping so much money and would really like to just find that right tank or better understanding of this.
FYI - I am using the Eleaf 50w.
WARNING! The istick 50w has been known to have issues, some of which result in a fire. If it ever starts acting up, watch it very very carefully. Never charge it unattended. istick 50 watt exploded | E-Cigarette Forum

That being said, are you looking for throat hit? If you are, your tank has less to do with that than you think. Throat hit is mostly a result of PG/VG ration and nicotine level, with a smaller part coming from the flavor of your juice. Flavor could be a little low on your Atlantis for a couple reasons. You could be running the tank at too low of a wattage, your coil could need to be replaced, you might need to change the airflow.

darin khath

May 22, 2015
WARNING! The istick 50w has been known to have issues, some of which result in a fire. If it ever starts acting up, watch it very very carefully. Never charge it unattended. istick 50 watt exploded | E-Cigarette Forum

That being said, are you looking for throat hit? If you are, your tank has less to do with that than you think. Throat hit is mostly a result of PG/VG ration and nicotine level, with a smaller part coming from the flavor of your juice. Flavor could be a little low on your Atlantis for a couple reasons. You could be running the tank at too low of a wattage, your coil could need to be replaced, you might need to change the airflow.

Yuseffuhler - thank you for the warning on the eLeaf 50w. So far nothing bad has happen yet and i hope not either. I guess YES - you can say I am looking for that LITTLE throat hit. I use to DRIP but got REALLY annoy of having to refill and etc. But atm, on the aspire atlantis (v1) I am vaping on the furthest open air hole and at in between 25w - 30w. I though i would like hitting it from 40w - 50w but flavor seem to be burnt... maybe its my Coil or something else? At this moment, i was thinking to get a new tank, my options are the aspire Atlantis, Horizon Tech Arctic Tank, the Herakles Sub-Ohm BVC Tank by Sense, or the Kanger Subtank RBA version.

Original Question that hasn't really been answered - For the Kanger Subtank - the OCC coil comes with 0.5 ohm.... Why would I or anyone want or need to do any rebuilding on the Mini RBA. wont it be the same or can the rebuild-able go lower ohm.

All in All - i really just want that nice kick throat hit with FLAVOR.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
Yuseffuhler - thank you for the warning on the eLeaf 50w. So far nothing bad has happen yet and i hope not either. I guess YES - you can say I am looking for that LITTLE throat hit. I use to DRIP but got REALLY annoy of having to refill and etc. But atm, on the aspire atlantis (v1) I am vaping on the furthest open air hole and at in between 25w - 30w. I though i would like hitting it from 40w - 50w but flavor seem to be burnt... maybe its my Coil or something else? At this moment, i was thinking to get a new tank, my options are the aspire Atlantis, Horizon Tech Arctic Tank, the Herakles Sub-Ohm BVC Tank by Sense, or the Kanger Subtank RBA version.

Original Question that hasn't really been answered - For the Kanger Subtank - the OCC coil comes with 0.5 ohm.... Why would I or anyone want or need to do any rebuilding on the Mini RBA. wont it be the same or can the rebuild-able go lower ohm.

All in All - i really just want that nice kick throat hit with FLAVOR.
If you want more throat hit and flavor, use a higher pg ratio. Thats the single biggest factor. If you're seriously thinking about a new tank, I'd highly recommend a rebuildable tank. The new Atlantis (v2) is really good, as is the Arctic and the Herakles. They all use prebuilt coils, which is nice for the convenience. Their coils last a good long time. The Subtank (either the plus or the mini) have the option of using the rebuildable or the stock coils. I like the rebuildable for two reasons: cost and flavor production. It is much better than the OCC coil because you can put any coil you want (down to .2 ohms with the istick 50w if I remember right).

darin khath

May 22, 2015
Regarding the Kanger SUBTANK (either Plus or Mini). I saw a YouTube review video ( ) - where the RBA coil was made to .54 ohm. If we were to compare the .54 coil ohm build, to the OCC .5 ohms, would there be a big difference? For me, I have been doing all OCC coil but want to know if the other side (rebuilding coil and etc) is worth going the route or not.

I still want to get a new Tank. Not sure if you had tried them all but what would you best recommend out of the four option that I listed – Atlantis V2, Arctic, Herakles, or Kanger Subtank, and also what site do you recommend to purchase these tank? – my local Vape shop charges an arm and a leg for it ($50 - $70). My eLeaf 50w that I paid at my local vape was $65+.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
Regarding the Kanger SUBTANK (either Plus or Mini). I saw a YouTube review video ( ) - where the RBA coil was made to .54 ohm. If we were to compare the .54 coil ohm build, to the OCC .5 ohms, would there be a big difference? For me, I have been doing all OCC coil but want to know if the other side (rebuilding coil and etc) is worth going the route or not.

I still want to get a new Tank. Not sure if you had tried them all but what would you best recommend out of the four option that I listed – Atlantis V2, Arctic, Herakles, or Kanger Subtank, and also what site do you recommend to purchase these tank? – my local Vape shop charges an arm and a leg for it ($50 - $70). My eLeaf 50w that I paid at my local vape was $65+.

Rebuilding is absolutely worth it. Even at the same ohms, I get a better vape with the rba section. it might be because I can get the wicking down and adjust the position of the coil better, but it is a better flavor.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.

You can essentially imitate the OCC heads by building your own coils that match it in ohms. It won't be exactly the same -- it'll likely be better (might take a couple tries). I'm not very good at small fiddly things, and the RBA deck is kind of in that category for me, I've only had one build ever in it and it worked pretty nice for a while. After a rewick though, I messed up the coils and got too frustrated to ever try my hand at it again. It's definitely a money-saver, as you can buy a years-worth of the supplies to rebuild your RBA section for under 20 or 30 bucks, depending on what type of wire/wick you're interested in.

Eciggity has the Kanger Subtank+ (39$) and Kanger Subtank Mini (35$) on sale right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread