Kawfee beanz, DIY and assorted Shenaniganery :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
Best wishes, Lynn, as always [emoji5]

Another moderately bizzy week on tap for me, but I'll still try to sneak out for camp time [emoji3]

The Avail sale had a fine print discount that I'm chasing down. There's a $1 Life Rewards Program requirement, simple, but as written (in the tiny print) the offer sounds like it's only for in store purchases. I've sent messaging asking them to honor it online, as not all of us have access to their shops locally.
Thanks Mark! We made it there and back. The eclipse was happening so I was watching that as well. I have arrived at work. :)

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
@clnire thank you. I'm not good at sharing these things.

I think sharing makes you feel less alone in your own suffering. Knowing there are others who feel as you do or have suffered as you have, makes you feel less isolated. You folks here are the kindest, most open hearted, loving people, and I see why Kaez loves you all so much!!! :wub:

Last edited:

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
I think sharing makes you feel less alone in your own suffering. Knowing there are others who feel as you do or have suffered as you have, makes you feel less isolated. You folks here are the kindest, open hearted loving people and I see why Kaez loves you all so much!!! :wub:
Thank you Kat. And of course you're right.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I think sharing makes you feel less alone in your own suffering. Knowing there are others who feel as you do or have suffered as you have, makes you feel less isolated. You folks here are the kindest, most open hearted, loving people, and I see why Kaez loves you all so much!!! :wub:

We all have our own struggles, and reading about others' often makes our own problems seem minimal. IMHO, if it's an issue to you, it's important. I use this forum as my therapy. Everyone is so kind and compassionate here. And safe.....

Make yourself at home :wub:

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
@clnire thank you. I'm not good at sharing these things.
Don't know if you saw my "story" I posted on the back porch last week. It was very hard to do, but no one judged or really commented, which was good for me. One porcher who I am friends with on Facebook sent me a private message thanking me and expressing her admiration that I was able to post that. So sometimes it does help.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Don't know if you saw my "story" I posted on the back porch last week. It was very hard to do, but no one judged or really commented, which was good for me. One porcher who I am friends with on Facebook sent me a private message thanking me and expressing her admiration that I was able to post that. So sometimes it does help.
It was a good share, Cathy! I'm glad you were able to do it. There are somethings that are just so heavy to recall. The old emotions try to come up. But sharing relieves the burden somewhat, & eventually you can look back without getting stuck there. It's a good feeling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
We all have our own struggles, and reading about others' often makes our own problems seem minimal. IMHO, if it's an issue to you, it's important. I use this forum as my therapy. Everyone is so kind and compassionate here. And safe.....

Make yourself at home :wub:
+1000 on this post! :wub::wub::wub::wub:

@Bea-FL You're a lot stronger than I am! Had I buried one of my kids, they would have been burying me too even if I do have 2 of them. If my son doesn't straighten up soon, I'll be burying him from prison. :grr: :grr: :grr:

My problem is I don't have friends other than the ones that are here in this thread. I allowed 2 ex husbands and an ex AH boyfriend to run all of my friends away so this is really the only outlet I have to talk about anything that's bothering me. Yes I do have an adopted by me sister but she becomes so judgmental when I try to talk about stuff with her that I just don't bother. I know what my flaws are so I have little need to be constantly reminded of them.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
I have a sister from another mister in PA. We met on a silly farming game on Facebook. We would work each other's farm and chat for hours. Neither of us play games anymore but we have met, try to get together when we are in the area. We text every day, a vow we gave each other years ago. I feel so fortunate to have her because we can talk about anything with understanding and no judgment, and if needed, we call each other. She is about the best friend I have ever had.

PS, Geordi is her nephew, literally. Her Terv is a half brother to G's father. Just another bond.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
+1000 on this post! :wub::wub::wub::wub:
My problem is I don't have friends other than the ones that are here in this thread. I allowed 2 ex husbands and an ex AH boyfriend to run all of my friends away so this is really the only outlet I have to talk about anything that's bothering me. Yes I do have an adopted by me sister but she becomes so judgmental when I try to talk about stuff with her that I just don't bother. I know what my flaws are so I have little need to be constantly reminded of them.
I so agree. My best friend is DH. My other best friend died a year ago. Unfortunately the rest of the people whom we thought were our good friends abandonned us when our son died. According to a psych friend that's not unusual in cases of a child or spouse dying…people don't know what to say or do so they go away. It hurt just the same.

So you all on this thread and a couple of other cyber friends who are also grieving mothers are so very important to me. You make a difference. :wub::wub::wub:

Last edited:

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
I so agree. My best friend is DH. My other best friend died a year ago. Unfortunately the rest of the people whom we thought were our good friends abandonned us when our son died. According to a psych friend that's not unusual in cases of a child or spouse dying…people don't know what to say or do so they go away. It hurt just the same.

So you all on this thread and a couple of other cyber friends who are also grieving mothers are so very important to me. You make a difference. :wub::wub::wub:
I can surely relate to this. And I thank the internet for this forum and wonderful group of friends it provides.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
@Kaezziel if you happen to stop by I saw this and thought of you :wub:

IMG_3295.JPG

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
That's where I got mine.

I used to be the "glass is half full" type of person until my son died. Then I changed to the "glass is half empty" type. I can't help it. Depression hit me like a ton of bricks and I probably should be taking anti-depressants but for some reason I can't bring myself to do it.

I plot through life and try not to be too happy about anything because the last time I was really happy with life my son died. So being happy is scary for me. I avoid it.

The only reason I'm still on this earth is because of my sweet, wonderful DH. I couldn't do that to him.

Edit: I'm so sorry if I depressed you guys even more. I didn't mean to. But your posts hit home so much and I wrote all this and hit "reply"…I should have waited a bit. I would have probably deleted it.
(((((((((((Bea)))))))))) I can't imagine the depths of that loss. For you, lynn or anyone, as others have said........don't ever feel you shouldn't share what you're going through. I know you try not to get bogged down in it with all your happy messages most days. Fake it til ya make it??

Thanks Mark! We made it there and back. The eclipse was happening so I was watching that as well. I have arrived at work. :)
glad the car made it! hope the dr saw him, and he got his meds refilled! :wub:

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

I *HATE* when I get my scheduled screwed up!!!!!!

Client's asking about his upgrade, and me - all fat, dumb, and happy says - no problemo. Oh, you mean TODAY?!?!?!?!?!!?!?! I thought it was TOMORROW! Newp - we'd discussed a few weeks ago, but I never moved it on my work calendar :facepalm:

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood Morning!

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
Good morning!
I need some advice from the creative wood users. My old beagle that is half blind and almost deaf was tethered to a tree in my front yard. The tree came down day before yesterday. It fell on my carport. Minimal damage but now I'm minus an anchor for my sweet old puppy. I'm thinking of getting a treated 4x4 and cementing it back in the hole the tree left. Would that work? Any other wood suggestions? Right now she's tethered to trees at the edge of the yard but has no protection from rain. I have a dog house out there but she refuses to use it. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread