Krimson Kustoms, 3.7v, 5, Variable Voltage and Evercool. Quality, Look, Great Price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
Thxs James, I thought the indicator would be of no use. Now I know better.
Good from you that you did build it with these capacitors, for a better vape, and have the Volt indicator working on it.

They told me the draw at an evercool would be worse then at a box with linear regulator, but I see that you fixed it with these capacitors.

I see, you really build good quality boxes. Glad I ordered this one from you.

OMG, still have to wait some days untill my new box gets here.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
Hi James, Have you ever made an Evercool that could also be used as a passthru? Putting a mini usb plug that could connect by cable to car cigarette lighter or AC usb wall plug. The mini usb could either automaticaly cut off the batteries or it could be on a slide switch PT or Bat. Many of us vapers only really need batteries a small percentage of the time we vape. I would be very interested in a model like this with gauge and VV on both Bat and USB. You have a great mod.

JamesW

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2011
MO USA
BJ, actually I agree on the USB passthru idea because I wanted that in the beginning to make my mods very singular, but here is the real meat and potatoes about that, you could have a switch that pops between batteries and USB. However, the side effect of this is that you really couldn't have the USB connected to an evercool chip it would have to be just a solid 5v passthrough because all chips have a "drop out" which is the amount of voltage that comes from the chips being less than supplied, if you put 5v to a evercool chip you'll probably only get an output of 4v if that depending on the chip which means you'd only be able to vape at 4v or less if you used the USB through the evercool.

If you just fired in a mini-USB and set it through a 3 position on/off/on switch where one was 5v passthru vaping and the other was batteries/evercool vaping that is something that could be done fairly easily but would require more space than that of a 3xAA evercool box I would think.

Love these ideas guys, I really hate to be seen as someone that's "shooting them down" but keep em coming and I'll keep looking into them and seeing what I can feasibly do.

BJ, thanks for dropping by!

James :evil:

JamesW

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2011
MO USA

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
I think that's actually a much more real possibility. Something like an input from a 12v DC converter along the lines of http://www.batteriesinaflash.com/ac-dc-adapters/ac-to-12v-5ah-dc-power-supply-adapter-for-cctv-balance-charger?source=google_products Where the voltage is there and it still has some amps in. I think that could happen in a not super huge box. Maybe something the size of the clear one but I'm not 100%

Looks good to me and 12 volts from the cig lighter with 5 amps is no problem. Give me a price please with a voltage meter. Thanks

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
Gorgeous!!! It's gonna be even prettier with the dial!! I'm excited :)

The latest custom case: Clear 14500 Evercool with Display!

This is what Jen was talking about! Sadly I was going to use a little tact switch she sent me to make it look really nice and had it all planned out, till I breadboarded the switch and popped it on the third push. So I had to go a different route and use a bigger 3 amp switch to make sure it was good to go, but that made me angle the board which is irritating but now it works great, and safely.

I haven't attached the adjustment dial yet because I ran out of em! Ya'll got me working good and hard and I appreciate it very much! I'll post a few more tomorrow when I get the new dials made.

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
I got just an hour ago my Krimson evercool box. Opend it first to see the innerds. Very well ensambled. Very clean looking. Could not be better. Then I put some bats in it some trustfire blue 14500, three month old. the "worst" battery I have, but who proofed to be decent enough for my other devices. Now for the last hour I am vaping a dual coil 3.5 ml 1.6 Ohm clearo on it.

Nice vape. Will report later more on this, because the carto is new, and needs a time to brake in. As for now, I like the evercool, seemes to me it is a little softer hitting then my favorite, "el cheapo", VV MV box, that hits really hard, but could be that is because the carto needs to brake in.

Comparing to that MV box, Krimsons looks better, and also it is much better, cleaner, "with more love" ensambled.
Looks and feels like it will be more durable then the MV, but then honestly I must say the MV worked out great for me, and I cannot report anything negative about it, only Krimsons looks and feels better. I also see the Krimson box isn´t running hot, so I believe battery live will be better. Will report also later more about that.

I hope James, you dont mind I am compairing your box with that of MV. For now I can say I love the Krimson evercool I just received.

JamesW

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2011
MO USA
Hey, thanks for dropping in, I'm happy you enjoy it. I don't mind you comparing me to anything MV makes, they're a great company with great services. It's also a good comparison as both products are somewhat entry level offerings and it shows the difference in price is craftsmanship, plus mines an evercool.

Thanks for stopping in, I appreciate it.

JamesW

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2011
MO USA
This is a very special mod I was commissioned to make for someone. It is what I would consider just about everything you can ask for in a mod and was a blast to figure out how to make it. So here it is ladies and gents, I dub it, the Krescendo! It's a dual 510 connection evercool system with a display and wait what? Yeah...a bottom feeder too!

Krimson Krescendo Dual 510 18650 Evercool Bottom Feeder - YouTube

What do you think? Too mad scientist?

JamesW

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2011
MO USA
Someone asked, I used 220 MFD 25V capacitors on it because there was 2 510 connections and the heavy amp/volt draw on the batteries and chip would made the voltage drop out really bad if I didn't use something that large.

Also I said Dual cartos, I meant Dual coil cartos. It does in fact take dual coils pretty well.

Thanks everyone for your comments and PMs, I did like how it turned out.

DavidTop

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
New York City
James

Love the krescendo. It sbows how far you've come in just the last few months. Most other modders come up with one or two designs and just stick with them. You are not afraid to try something new and take chances. That deserves a round of applause.

Now that I've buttered you up any chance that I can get one of those flush mount firing button on the 4xAA box you're making for me? Brass would be nice if available.

Again, beautiful work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread