• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Last Week Was Not My Best Week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Have you ever felt just down right stupid??????? Well, last week I most certainly did with two incidents!

1) I have glaucoma and have to use eye drops to keep the pressure at a certain level. Well, I thought I'd picked the right bottle. I didn't. This is the 2nd time this has happened. I picked up my nicotine juice and filled my left eye. Instant burn. You feel like your eye is on fire. I flushed it out with water, and have some heavy 'dry eye' drops that I buy over the counter. I just kept filling my eyes with drops and it finally settled down. Needless to say, I have moved my nicotine juice! This will not happen again!

2) I was in and out of the bed last week....physical problems.....and I'd been eating dry Fruit Loops out of the box in bed. Well, it was late and I was brushing out some crumbs and found, what I thought, was a Fruit Loop in the bed. It was easier to just eat it. I identified it by holding it up and even with low light, it had a hole in the middle. So, I put it in my mouth and crunched it. It didn't crunch right. It then dawned on me that one of our pups hid a piece of dry dog food in the bed, I guess for a snack. I was spitting it all out in my hand and got rid of it.

Trust me when I say, I will be WAY more careful in the future. Looking back, the 2nd one was comical, but the first one had consequences. Praise God I'm not blind. Thank You, Jesus! He even takes care of us when we don't pay attention to what we're doing. If you are laughing, that is okay! Everyone can use a good laugh!:laugh:

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I can tell by your name, K9, that you must love dogs! I was a dedicated cat lover....had been for 21 years straight....couldn't be without a feline, until my grandson was a stillborn. I knew, when I got back home, I needed a baby. One of my dearest friends had been talking about me getting a Maltese, so I looked into it. Oh my oh my! She became my heart! I was going to get a male, but none were available. She was 3 months old and endeared herself to all she met....including when my daddy had to be put in a nursing home and I'd take her with me. She brought smiles and good cheer to all. I'd let her run free, and even the nurses and aides got a kick out of her. My parents bought her for me and when she passes, there goes the last link. That was 13 years ago. She still looks like a young pup, and altogether, we have 3 Malties. One is mine, one is my husbands, and the other loves us both. Now Carson will howl when husband leaves the house. He doesn't do that when I leave the house so I guess I'm #2! I named him Carson, after Johnny Carson as I knew he would be entertaining....and HE IS! Oh, and BTW, I do care for kitties, but I jumped the fence when I got my Maltese. I use to make fun of little ol' ladies and their spoiled pets.....and then I became one!:laugh:

What kind do you have?:)

K9Luvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 26, 2010
    Hampton, VA
    I can tell by your name, K9, that you must love dogs! I was a dedicated cat lover....had been for 21 years straight....couldn't be without a feline, until my grandson was a stillborn. I knew, when I got back home, I needed a baby. One of my dearest friends had been talking about me getting a Maltese, so I looked into it. Oh my oh my! She became my heart! I was going to get a male, but none were available. She was 3 months old and endeared herself to all she met....including when my daddy had to be put in a nursing home and I'd take her with me. She brought smiles and good cheer to all. I'd let her run free, and even the nurses and aides got a kick out of her. My parents bought her for me and when she passes, there goes the last link. That was 13 years ago. She still looks like a young pup, and altogether, we have 3 Malties. One is mine, one is my husbands, and the other loves us both. Now Carson will howl when husband leaves the house. He doesn't do that when I leave the house so I guess I'm #2! I named him Carson, after Johnny Carson as I knew he would be entertaining....and HE IS! Oh, and BTW, I do care for kitties, but I jumped the fence when I got my Maltese. I use to make fun of little ol' ladies and their spoiled pets.....and then I became one!:laugh:

What kind do you have?:)

I currently have 3 dogs - all rescues, all 13 YO. A sheltie, a papillion, and a keeshond. I was a dedicated cat person, too, until I got married and adopted my first dog; been a dedicated DOG person ever since. I have shared my home with 7 dogs so far, and will continue to do so as long as I am able. I can't imagine what my life would be like without the companionship of my dogs, they are my babies!

Attachments

• ziggy.jpeg
      ziggy.jpeg
      381.1 KB · Views: 2
    • Jazz.jpeg
      Jazz.jpeg
      727.5 KB · Views: 2
    • Roxanne.jpeg
      Roxanne.jpeg
      492.5 KB · Views: 2
    Reactions: Saintscruiser

madda

No Butts about me
    Oct 30, 2015
    Australia
    I've always had both ... can't imagine life without my furkids, Jambo is a 9 yr old Labx Staffy , Mitzi is a 2yr old 'tuxedo' cat ... all my fur companions have had long lives and each time one of my pets has died ...I always say that l'll never have another as the loss feels so devastating, BUT ... a few months down the track and I'm looking for another wee furkid to welcome into my home and heart :)

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    I currently have 3 dogs - all rescues, all 13 YO. A sheltie, a papillion, and a keeshond. I was a dedicated cat person, too, until I got married and adopted my first dog; been a dedicated DOG person ever since. I have shared my home with 7 dogs so far, and will continue to do so as long as I am able. I can't imagine what my life would be like without the companionship of my dogs, they are my babies!

Your babies are gorgeous! I took my sister's Sheltie and they are such wonderful babies. The fur can get a little overwhelming, but they stick with you like glue. Fur is one of the reasons that I got a Maltie. They have hair and have to go to the beauty parlor. :laugh: We openly call them our kids.....to anyone. Some of the looks are priceless!

Dogs are the perfect example I've ever seen that show the unconditional love of Almighty God, bless His Holy Name. It doesn't matter how long you are gone....they are so excited to see you! When you're not feeling your best, they are always with you. They don't leave your side and love and protect you no matter what. They are great examples and I wouldn't take a million dollars for any one of mine.

Now this hasn't been proven or even mentioned in Scripture, and I may be telling myself this just to make myself feel better, but I believe our 4-legged children will be in heaven with us. Why? Well, Revelation speaks of horses:

Revelation 19:11-14 New King James Version
    Christ on a White Horse
    11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses.

If there are horses, there has to be other animals. The soul encompasses your personality. We have 3 Malties and all of them have different personalities. IMHO, they have souls and they will be with us. Again, this is my own opinion. No place in Scripture does it say this. This comforts me, whether its real or not.

I commend you for getting rescue babies, and I can tell from their pictures that they are happy and loved! Cudos to you! :)

Reactions: K9Luvr

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    I've always had both ... can't imagine life without my furkids, Jambo is a 9 yr old Labx Staffy , Mitzi is a 2yr old 'tuxedo' cat ... all my fur companions have had long lives and each time one of my pets has died ...I always say that l'll never have another as the loss feels so devastating, BUT ... a few months down the track and I'm looking for another wee furkid to welcome into my home and heart :)

I understand exactly what you mean. It breaks your heart and you grieve as if they are a person. I've asked my husband, if I go first, to be sure that my baby knows that I've passed on to Glory. If necessary, take her to the funeral home. They grieve just like people do. If I am away overnight, mine sits at the top of the steps waiting for me. If my husband leaves, they all pile in the bed with me for comfort. They have separation anxiety. Mine goes through deeper anxiety than the other 2.

Speaking of which, they have a king-size bed and they allow us to sleep in it at night!:laugh:

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    FL, USA
    blondeambition3.wix.com
    Have you ever felt just down right stupid??????? Well, last week I most certainly did with two incidents!

1) I have glaucoma and have to use eye drops to keep the pressure at a certain level. Well, I thought I'd picked the right bottle. I didn't. This is the 2nd time this has happened. I picked up my nicotine juice and filled my left eye. Instant burn. You feel like your eye is on fire. I flushed it out with water, and have some heavy 'dry eye' drops that I buy over the counter. I just kept filling my eyes with drops and it finally settled down. Needless to say, I have moved my nicotine juice! This will not happen again!

2) I was in and out of the bed last week....physical problems.....and I'd been eating dry Fruit Loops out of the box in bed. Well, it was late and I was brushing out some crumbs and found, what I thought, was a Fruit Loop in the bed. It was easier to just eat it. I identified it by holding it up and even with low light, it had a hole in the middle. So, I put it in my mouth and crunched it. It didn't crunch right. It then dawned on me that one of our pups hid a piece of dry dog food in the bed, I guess for a snack. I was spitting it all out in my hand and got rid of it.

Trust me when I say, I will be WAY more careful in the future. Looking back, the 2nd one was comical, but the first one had consequences. Praise God I'm not blind. Thank You, Jesus! He even takes care of us when we don't pay attention to what we're doing. If you are laughing, that is okay! Everyone can use a good laugh!:laugh:

Bless your Heart Cuz! I feel so bad because I seldom find the time to make it onto ECF at all anymore..... I really miss everyone so much, and just love this Forum..... :'(

Reactions: Saintscruiser
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread