latest greatest

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhamilton_930

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2012
i'm posting this for general inquisitiveness. i have several rm2's (which i love) and a rm5. Although the rm5 works good they're just not for me (dual+ coil, big flow, big weight and such)

my question is,
is there something else similar to rm2's? what i'm looking for is 2 post, single coil, light in weight but possible adjustable air flow AND doesn't have the silly air flow ring like rm5?

TIA

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Well...

You might consider the Chalice from Rob - it would check all the boxes for ya.

Others to think about:

Cyclone (with afc cap if you wanted)
Graal
NoFearAgain
Matrix
Viper

These are all 2-posters with small chambers (for good flavour), and all but the Viper has afc. There are more, but these are all pretty popular with squonkers.

bhamilton_930

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2012
Well...

Others to think about:

Graal
NoFearAgain
Matrix
Viper

These are all 2-posters with small chambers (for good flavour), and all but the Viper has afc. There are more, but these are all pretty popular with squonkers.

perfect, exactly what i was looking for.

thanks for the info man.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Well...

Others to think about:

Graal
NoFearAgain
Matrix
Viper

Thanks for this list Papa L, gives me some things to search later and find some pics.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Chalice III is exceptional gear (although it does have what you might call a silly AFC ring). Reosmods has them in stock for a reduced price.

The mid size Nuppin' uses a slotted high cap for AFC, only has one center post above the deck, and works very well with either single or dual coils. Only available pre owned via classifieds/private sales now.

Elements in your wants leave out the O-16 unfortunately that is an exceptional compact, light weight 2 post atty with air flow controls that work very well for single or dual coils. But the O-16 has an AFC ring that you may call silly. Available on-line.

Staying closer to the RM2 with no AFC... 2013 Cyclone, IGO-S, BF Hornet or ERA. All four would have to be found pre owned used most likely.

swamijivan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Sunny Italy (South!)
i'm posting this for general inquisitiveness. i have several rm2's (which i love) and a rm5. Although the rm5 works good they're just not for me (dual+ coil, big flow, big weight and such)

my question is,
is there something else similar to rm2's? what i'm looking for is 2 post, single coil, light in weight but possible adjustable air flow AND doesn't have the silly air flow ring like rm5?

TIA
No doubt... Chalice III ! To me the best atom seen till now on the market. period.

PS I don't have a silly one :) Mine is very smart, hold the air intake setting forever, fine tune of it, simple and classy ring.

Last edited:

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I am a little surprised the RM4 has not been mentioned. I guess I am behind the times...
The Hornet (if you can find one), and the Cyclone also work well.
There was once someone who remanufactured popular drippers into Bottom Feed attys. I was able to get a BF Veritas from him which I like very much.
The Derringer also seemed popular at one time...

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I am a little surprised the RM4 has not been mentioned. I guess I am behind the times...
There was once someone who remanufactured popular drippers into Bottom Feed attys. I was able to get a BF Veritas from him which I like very much.

The RM4 was my favorite of the attys offered by Reos Mods. Seemed like the perfect size for the LP Grand. Not too tiny, with room for dual coils and AFC. Well made, with nice weight. Not a bad deal at $45 either.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida

I still have 2 RM4s I use regularly on my Grands. They're 'old school', but still one of my favorite attys.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I don't have the RM4 from Rob, but I revisited my "Old Skol" Atomic BF some months back that had been set aside as an undesirable ugly duckling when I first got it. Since then it has grown on me and has resided on the Copper Vein LP Grand ever since. Super easy to build, very versatile, and other than a little weeping around the AFC ring sometimes from my LDLH's it has been problem free. With this build it's a flavor rich cloud machine that I reach for fairly often.

Reactions: Rule62
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread