Atty Advice Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
I'm going for a second Reo Grand LP only in SL this time for my birthday. My question is which atty to go with it. I like 1.0 ohm give or take, single coil with lot's of air for a cool vape and lot's of vapor is not a bad thing.

I have...

RM2- nice but not for my lung hitting preferences these days and don't want to bore it out.
RM4- great wide open air but leaks around the ring too much and needs a diaper.
Magma (Catfish)- also excellent, not a leaker at all but not as airy as the RM4.

I'm looking at the RM6-7-8 and 9. I need big air and no leaking. I DIY and I can adjust for flavor so that's secondary. I believe the Magama is 22mm and like the size of the RM4 (18mm I think) which is prefered. Rob's site could use a detailed description of the RM's...hint hint. :)

bsidb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Leroy,NY
Thats a tall order, single coil, 1ohm and all,the RM7 , RM2 &3 and nuppin are all ive had, I bored out( cap and posts) the RM2 and gave it new life before i advanced to another attie, the RM7 has topside air flow from allover and is ment for 2 coils but 1 may be o.k., the nuppin is a clone and is great much like ive heard the original is

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Well, here are some thoughts on each of the RM's you mention...

* All are 22mm.

RM6 (stillaire)
* Big air, for sure.
* Better for dual coils.
* Not really a flavour-first atty.
* Tallest of this selection.

RM7 (rogue)
* Big air - not as much as the RM6.
* Virtually leakproof.
* Okay for single coils - not as good as the RM4.
* Flavour is fine.
* Medium height.

RM8 (derringer)
* Small to big air - quite versatile.
* Good for single coils.
* Less leak resistant than the RM7 or RM9.
* Flavour is good.
* Shortest of this selection.

RM9 (vector)
* Big air, second only the the RM6.
* Fine for single coils (but it really sings with duals).
* Almost totally leakproof
* Flavour is fine.
* Tall (only shorter than the RM6).

If it were my money, I think I'd go for the RM8. It's really no more leak prone (IMHO) than the RM2, suits a single coil the best, has the best flavour, produces clouds if you want them with no air issues.

All of this, however, is (of course) just my opinion. YMMV.

Blackboar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Upper Marlboro, MD
I bought the RM8 as the atty to go with my Reo. I've had experience with the Derringer before, so I knew that was the atty I wanted. Flavor is really where this atty shines. I vape it dual coil, with 2 out of the 3 airholes exposed on each side. The only time it's leaked on me is where I oversqounked.

In my other Derringer (non bf), I have a single coil ni200 build and its married to a dna40 device. So I know if single coil is your preferred setup, this atty handles single coils very well, too.

Reactions: K31Scout

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
I am thinking of doing a trade with a guy on facebook for one of my three RM3's. They say they have an A7 and a M6. I guess they are referring to the RM7 and 6? How are these two as far as dual builds and not overly airy. ?

Tracey

Better get a better description and pics.. sounds like a A7 is a mod and m6?

Reactions: TraceyS

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
I am thinking of doing a trade with a guy on facebook for one of my three RM3's. They say they have an A7 and a M6. I guess they are referring to the RM7 and 6? How are these two as far as dual builds and not overly airy. ?

Tracey
I'm not sure about the M6, but there is a such thing as a A7 atty.
Dealing with the A7 | E-Cigarette Forum

But +1 on what @SteamStack said, get specifics & pics.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada

Tracey

Might be completely different animals from the RM's.

Here's a A7: $9.41 Mini A7 Bottom Feeding Rebuildable Atomizer at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Here's a M6: $4.89 M6 RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 2.0-2.2Ω / silver at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

If they are actually a RM6 and RM7, both are good for duals and both are quite a fair bit airier than the RM3, the RM6 more so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread