Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurora-Oblivion

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Isle of the Wizards
After 9 iterations, and finally deciding on perfection, I present to you Lightning Crashes!!

This is my first shared recipe on ECF, hope you all enjoy!! As a former menthol smoker, I was immediately and unpleasantly surprised that I did not enjoy menthol vapes when I first switched over to vaping. While that initial shock set it, I wondered if I'd find a flavor that would be able to help me stick to vaping. I never did find that "single" juice/flavor, but I did find that I enjoyed vaping hundreds of flavors, so initial problem solved :)

After I settled into vaping I tried many menthol flavor juices, and tested hundreds of multi-flavored DIY menthol/mint combinations and was never able to find anything I enjoyed, or really anything that I could even actually vape for more than a few minutes. After much testing, it seemed to me that any menthol flavors I created, or tried pre-made, made me light headed within a couple of vapes. I'm still unsure what caused that, but for at least a year or two it was like I was allergic to menthol or something!? :eek: :-x

Finally, after hundreds of other unrelated menthol test mixes, I came up with this juice, I enjoyed the flavor and it didn't cause me to get light headed (even the Extreme version). Over the past few months I've finally nailed the percentages down to what tastes best to me, so now I share and hope all you menthol fans enjoy! :thumbs:

This is mainly an Inawera recipe, with one FW flavor (Menthol) of which you can substitute your own DIY or other branded pre-mixture. Mixed by drops @ 50 per ml for the Inawera

Lightning Crashes

hjibkvF.png

Menthol FW ------------------ 4%
Lemon S INA ----------------- 1.4%
Lemon K INA ----------------- 1.2%
Miod Honey INA -------------- 1%
Eucalyptus w/ Mint INA ------ 0.8%

Lightning Crashes (Extreme)

5RkRqt6.png

Menthol FW ------------------ 7%
Lemon S INA ----------------- 1.4%
Lemon K INA ----------------- 1.2%
Miod Honey INA -------------- 1%
Eucalyptus w/ Mint INA ------ 1.2%

Liquid Aroma - Sweet mentholated lemon, tart and fresh

Liquid Flavor - This tastes just like it smells, sweet with a fresh lemon note that is bright and tart, finished off with a crisp fusion of mint and menthol notes that linger in your mouth long after you exhale (@ Extreme). It's slightly dry with a light sweetness. The honey brings an overall roundness while adding a light sweetness, and it slightly softens the lemon edges. This could easily be an all day vape for any menthol fan, and it would be great for anyone with a cold or failing taste-buds, especially the "Extreme" version

Best after at least 5-7 days

And yes, the name Lightning Crashes is in homage to the band "Live" :thumb:

Last edited:

Aurora-Oblivion

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Isle of the Wizards
If you, or anyone else, needs help locating the specific versions mentioned (ie Koncentrate, Shisha, etc) let me know and I'll help you find them :) :thumb:

Ah, thanks! That answers my questions on what the K and S were! I was looking for a good 30 minutes the other day and couldn't make heads of it :D

Aurora-Oblivion

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Isle of the Wizards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread