Status
Not open for further replies.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
Hi Craig, one of my screws on one of my Odins is driving me buggy and cutting my kanthal. I know this has been mentioned at least a few times in this thread but I'm not seeing the option to search this thread like we used to have. What size screws do I need to look for? Also, what's this I hear about an Odin V2? I haven't been around much lately and must have missed something? :)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
V2 left. V1 right:
image.jpg

50% more air, same bullet proof, USA made, high quality ruggedness of the V2 with more room inside too. Here, look at the inside:
image.jpg

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
What is the difference between v1 and v2 on the BF Odin? I bought mine in September I'm assuming mine that I have is v1.

Go a few replies up and take a look at Super X's pics and video above that. I may grab one but meh, the V1 is working fine for me. Now if it came in blue with a blue router...! R2 would look AMAZING!! But until then...

SoCalCraig

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Chandler, Arizona, United States
What is the difference between v1 and v2 on the BF Odin? I bought mine in September I'm assuming mine that I have is v1.
The main noticeable differences is additional deck milling. Easier building even with temp control devices which need more coils with nickel and the increased airflow.
Go a few replies up and take a look at Super X's pics and video above that. I may grab one but meh, the V1 is working fine for me. Now if it came in blue with a blue router...! R2 would look AMAZING!! But until then...
Blue will be very soon. OCD Mods has a batch of v2 caps and routers and that is an included color. ;)

mwdenko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
Ohio
The main noticeable differences is additional deck milling. Easier building even with temp control devices which need more coils with nickel and the increased airflow.

Blue will be very soon. OCD Mods has a batch of v2 caps and routers and that is an included color. ;)
So you're the reason my order is delayed with OCD. LOL. I'll never get my V1 caps back. Hah

tw33k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2013
Canberra, ACT, Australia
My Odin V2s arrived yesterday so I built one with my normal dual coils 6 wraps of 28g which came out at 0.51Ω. I vape 18mg juice but this felt like it was tearing a hole in my throat it hit so hard. I closed the air off a little but that didn't help much (if I closed it any more then I may as well just use the v1 Odin). I could cut the nic level down but I don't want to have 2 lots of juices, my regular juice and lower nic specifically for the Odin v2.

I'm thinking I'll have to get rid of the v2s because I can't use them. Hopefully I work something out

UPDATE: Looks like I've suddenly got used to it. Been vaping it all night and it's awesome. Lots of thick vapor and good flavor. Time to build the second one now.

Last edited:

SoCalCraig

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Chandler, Arizona, United States
My Odin V2s arrived yesterday so I built one with my normal dual coils 6 wraps of 28g which came out at 0.51Ω. I vape 18mg juice but this felt like it was tearing a hole in my throat it hit so hard. I closed the air off a little but that didn't help much (if I closed it any more then I may as well just use the v1 Odin). I could cut the nic level down but I don't want to have 2 lots of juices, my regular juice and lower nic specifically for the Odin v2.

I'm thinking I'll have to get rid of the v2s because I can't use them. Hopefully I work something out

UPDATE: Looks like I've suddenly got used to it. Been vaping it all night and it's awesome. Lots of thick vapor and good flavor. Time to build the second one now.

Oh wow! I haven't experienced that. I only vape 6mg(3mg in recent times) for the last couple years, tho I did start at 24mg way back when with carto tanks. I've been slowly getting to the point of cutting out nicotine all together. I know of a few people who use the Odins that go with single coil dripping 12mg that don't have the hard throat hit. That 18mg may be the difference.

Me personally, I stick to 6mg for RDAs as I know it can be harsh or that nic sickness that can happen.

I'm sorry that was your experience tw33k! :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread