Long ago member returning and need advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainbowznStarz

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2008
Fairfax, Va
Hi all, long time no see! :)

Long story short... I fell off the wagon last year and as always it takes something BIG to get my .... trying this again. My mom (long time smoker) just had a heart attack and during scans they found a tumor in her brain. We don't know yet whether it's cancer :(:(

Anyways, I have a whole slew of 901 equiptment and I've tested most of it out. After not using these for almost a year, they've lost their OOMPH. I've been looking at the new E-cigs and not sure which direction to go. Is there anything comparable to the mini 901? I'm looking for long lasting, nice flavor production and decent vapor. Any suggestions?

Thank you all!

Whistle_Pig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Littleton, CO, U.S.
Sorry to hear of your troubles. Big stresses are always what has gotten me back smoking the times I've quit before.

Right now, the eGo and various copies of it seem to be all the rage. Various battery sizes are available, from 650mah up to 1300mah. I don't know diddly about the 901, but just looked it up and those batts are only 180mah. The eGo is bigger around, but not excessively so. AFAIK, the eGo comes with manual batts only (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong) -- maybe some of the copycats (Riva, Hello) come with autos.

Welcome back. Lots of stuff here to look through, but you knew that already, eh? :)

WetStick

Jan 6, 2010
Greenville, SC
Sorry to hear about your mom. Hopefully it's not cancerous.

I just lost my wife (of 26 years) on Tuesday of Pancreatic Cancer. It spread to the liver and that's what actually killed her. It was 3 months of pain and a looming death sentance. Not very nice. Nothing like they depict in a tear jerker movie.

I have many commercial, mods, and homade eCigs. I would easily recommend the eGo line. It's probably my favorite, out of anything in that size and voltage.

The only thing that I didn't like about the eGo was; the button is not protected from getting pushed, when in your pocket or case. I just found a plastic clip, cut a hole for the button, and now it's recessed.

Anyhow, good luck with your mother.

CJsKee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2009
Oklahoma
WetStick, so sorry about your wife. It's so rough on the ones left; my thoughts are with you.

Sorry to hear about your mom, Rainbow...hope her prognosis is good.

If you like the 901 atomizers (like I do) you can purchase adapters for them. If you get an eGo, Riva, or something like that (bigger battery) you can just get a 510 to 901 adapter. They work great and you get the best of both worlds -- long battery life and great flavor/vapor.

Welcome back!!

RainbowznStarz

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2008
Fairfax, Va
Thank you all so much! I've been doing a lot of reading on the forum today and I'm pretty sure I've decided on the eGo to start back up with. Now I just need to figure out the whole cartomizer thing and drip tips, etc etc.

Also just wanted to add that I found ALL my previous e-cig supplies and while only 2 batterys still work, 4 of the 6 atomizers are still going strong (this after not using for 14 months). I found my passthrough for the 901 and APC battery and remember how much I LOVED the TH & flavor I got off of that. Will the eGo be comparable in the same respect?

I also found 35 prefilled carts still sealed in the lil wrappers, 20 blank carts, 3 juices that taste good (and they didn't turn green lol. boy I remember when THAT happened here), my VG, box of loriann flavors and my syringe! :D

I almost want to stick with the 901 considering what all I have but it's outdated and I honestly don't know how long this stuff will last once I start using it and I don't want to fall off the wagon once I begin.

So, one last time...
I loved the constant power of my passthrough (strength of battery?)
I loved dripping (more flavor, better TH)
HATED the constant messing w/ stuff (cartomizer would solve this?)
and got tired of always having to refill a cart every time I wanted several vapes.
Do the adapters help me use all these carts up so I don't waste them? and if so, which adapter do I get if I buy the eGo kit?

I think that's all lol. I can't wait to try this again and be able to BREATHE like I could last year! stupid me for giving up.

Whistle_Pig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Littleton, CO, U.S.
Do the adapters help me use all these carts up so I don't waste them? and if so, which adapter do I get if I buy the eGo kit?

510 - 901 adapter

I believe that's the correct one. Keep in mind that the eGo cone covers the atty and part of the cart. I don't know whether it'll slide over 901 parts to screw onto the battery. If not, then the eGo/510 charger adapter can extend the battery connection -- or so I've heard; I don't personally know whether it puts the battery connection past the end of the cone.

Or, you can use just the eGo battery without the cone.

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US

yoyoma_mda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2010
San Diego
Thank you all so much! I've been doing a lot of reading on the forum today and I'm pretty sure I've decided on the eGo to start back up with. Now I just need to figure out the whole cartomizer thing and drip tips, etc etc.

Also just wanted to add that I found ALL my previous e-cig supplies and while only 2 batterys still work, 4 of the 6 atomizers are still going strong (this after not using for 14 months). I found my passthrough for the 901 and APC battery and remember how much I LOVED the TH & flavor I got off of that. Will the eGo be comparable in the same respect?

I also found 35 prefilled carts still sealed in the lil wrappers, 20 blank carts, 3 juices that taste good (and they didn't turn green lol. boy I remember when THAT happened here), my VG, box of loriann flavors and my syringe! :D

I almost want to stick with the 901 considering what all I have but it's outdated and I honestly don't know how long this stuff will last once I start using it and I don't want to fall off the wagon once I begin.

So, one last time...
I loved the constant power of my passthrough (strength of battery?)
I loved dripping (more flavor, better TH)
HATED the constant messing w/ stuff (cartomizer would solve this?)
and got tired of always having to refill a cart every time I wanted several vapes.

I think that's all lol. I can't wait to try this again and be able to BREATHE like I could last year! stupid me for giving up.

I suggest you get something 510 threaded (whether it be a mod or a Ego, reason being that most of the best atomizers and cartomizers can now be found in that threading) and grab yourself some 510-901 adapters over at madvapes (they're the cheapest I've found at $2.49 each).

If you get yourself a 5v-6v mod, pick up some mega cartomizers (not sure if anyone besides nhaler sells it)

If you got a Janty Ego, grab yourself some low resistance cartomizers, Provape and Nhaler sells it, but nhaler is $1 cheaper, (not trying to promote them or anything)

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
Sorry to hear about your mom. Hopefully it's not cancerous.

I just lost my wife (of 26 years) on Tuesday of Pancreatic Cancer. It spread to the liver and that's what actually killed her. It was 3 months of pain and a looming death sentance. Not very nice. Nothing like they depict in a tear jerker movie.

I have many commercial, mods, and homade eCigs. I would easily recommend the eGo line. It's probably my favorite, out of anything in that size and voltage.

The only thing that I didn't like about the eGo was; the button is not protected from getting pushed, when in your pocket or case. I just found a plastic clip, cut a hole for the button, and now it's recessed.

Anyhow, good luck with your mother.
So sorry to hear of your loss. Our prayers are with you.

Nyxie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Port Richey, Fl.
510 - 901 adapter

I believe that's the correct one. Keep in mind that the eGo cone covers the atty and part of the cart. I don't know whether it'll slide over 901 parts to screw onto the battery. If not, then the eGo/510 charger adapter can extend the battery connection -- or so I've heard; I don't personally know whether it puts the battery connection past the end of the cone.

Or, you can use just the eGo battery without the cone.

I am using an eGo with an adapter and 901 and the cone . It all fits just taller than usual. Funny thing is, I never use this set up like this but wanted to see if I got more flavor out of a juice tonght and happened upon this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread