Looking for one hand refillable RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

shprota

Jul 31, 2011
Jerusalem
The original is hard to find, but a GP heron V2/Style is a great MTL, single coil, bottom fill tank.
The deck is dead easy to build and the flavour is IMO fantastic.

Yes, this used to be a decent tank but it's pretty old now and has some flaws that are important for me. For instance, it is not transparent and my dad will burn the cotton just as soon as it gets dry. Also, it is not too easy to re-wick IMO. I still have some Taifuns from the old days. They look pretty much the same but have transparent tanks. Also, they are prone to dry hits.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Surprisingly it's not true. Bottom fill tanks where you can unscrew the deck and fill the tank are very easy to fill with one hand having an atomizer stand like this:
2-Pieces-lot-Electronic-cigarette-display-metal-base-e-cigarettes-holder-colorful-e-cig-display-stand.jpg_220x220.jpg

You just put the tank upside-down into the stand and unscrew the base.

My previous post said my first suggestion. But the best bottom fill device I have that you can easily find, is the Goblin mini. The only thing I don't like about it, is it uses a non-standard drip tip, and relies on a drip tip adapter to fit standard 510 drip tips. It is, however, one of my best flavor tanks. I haven't used mine since I got the Smok twister, but I plan on getting those back into use tonight or tomorrow. The refill screw is flat head, which might pose a problem for single handed unscrewing, but if you can find a phillips head that fits, I'm sure it would make it a lot easier. I also found that the glass drip tips break if dropped, so If you do decide to use the glass drip tips, order extras just in case. The airflow is fairly open, which may not be suited for you, and I find even in the fully closed position, the airflow barely borders the high side of MTL hits.

Just thought I'd give that a mention.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Yes, this used to be a decent tank but it's pretty old now and has some flaws that are important for me. For instance, it is not transparent and my dad will burn the cotton just as soon as it gets dry. Also, it is not too easy to re-wick IMO. I still have some Taifuns from the old days. They look pretty much the same but have transparent tanks. Also, they are prone to dry hits.

Fair play. Different strokes...

Best of luck in your search.
I

Reactions: shprota

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
My dad is a chain vaper but he only has one hand working, so for now I had to stick with Billow V2. These are good but not the best flavor or MTL.
The problem is that most recent products use top fill and are pretty hard to refill with one hand. With the Billow it is a breeze - the grip is tight and you can keep the deck a bit loose without leaking.
So I’m looking for a recommendation on a decent RTA that can easily be refilled using only one hand and gives good MTL and flavor.
Thanks!
Welcome and glad you joined.
Good luck with your answers.

Reactions: stols001

shprota

Jul 31, 2011
Jerusalem
Ok, I received the OBS Mini Engine today. So far so good. MTL is kind of ok, especially with standard delrin 510 drip tip. Flavor is like average but will do. I really can open it with one hand with some effort. Probably the top cap will loose a bit over time. Will test this on my dad next weekend.
Thanks all of you again for suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread