Looking for the perfect RTA or RDTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaep

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
San Diego
I have been vaping the Wotofo Serpent RTA for a while now but has leaking and dry-hit issues. The Serpent RDTA is amazing but the juice capacity is only 2.5ml. Im looking to upgrade..

I like the Billows and Limos but they're too tall and also have a few issues....and im sure there's something newer/better out by now.. I know im an oldschool vaper and I should know my shtuff, but tbh, I mainly just geek out on APVs...I am out of the loop when it comes to attys these days..

Needs:

- Single-coil capability
- 4 to 5ml juice capacity
- Not sub-ohm only
- Good for 20 to 40watt vaping
- 24 or 25mm width
- Below 60mm in height
- 510 driptip compatible
- Must have MTL capability (prefer restricted DTL or open MTL)
- RTA or RDTA
- Minimal leakage
- No finicky refilling

List of recommended RTA's as seen below:

OBS Engine Nano
GeekVape Blitzen
Vandy Vape Kaylin Mini
Wofoto Serpent Mini
GeekVape Zeus
Innokin Ares
DigiFlavor Siren 2
Animodz Doggystyle (or SJMY version)
Digiflavor Pharaoh Mini

Last edited:

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Thanks guys. I like the width of the Blitzen but the driptip is way too wide for my vape style (MTL) so I got the Engine Nano.. Seems perfect and the price is too nice.. Cheers!
That's what I like about alot of tanks, they include a 510 DT adapter so it can be used MTL. [emoji106]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Dangit, im now looking at the Wotofo Serpent Mini, SMM, The Kylin Mini, and the Zeus...

I can still cancel my Engine Nano..
I like the deck on the Kylin mini but if leaking is your biggest concern the Zeus may be best. Being that it has the top airflow I think it would be pretty peak resistant if not leakproof. Judging by the size of the thread for the Zeus I’d say it has fans.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Vaep

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
San Diego
And theyre all about the same price ($25)...hmmmm The more I dig, the more attys I find...I wish I was rich or I would buy them all..

I want the atty that'll be the best for a 1ohm, regular kanthal coil...And it should have a tighter draw respectively.. Its hard to judge by reviews because most people vape super subohm coils..

I really like the look and size of the Wotofo SMM, but Ive read that its not good with anything thinner than 24G wire.. I use 26G. And Ive read that flavor is a bit muted...So I have my eye on the Serpent Mini, but everyone is saying the SMM is much better...damn.

As for the Zeus-- While it also has top airflow like the OBS Engine Nano, I saw in a video that it has wicking issues, most likely due to the design-- The wick holes are not aligned with the coil which bugs me....Can someone change my mind please cuz I like this atty.

The Blitzen seems good. Looks the coolest imo.. It's new and I like that its postless and can hold up to 5ml, BUT it's more optimized for dual coils and still on preorder.

I wonder what will work best with a 1ohm coil @ ~30watts...

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
My topcap was initially a bit loose. It never leaked though, just sometimes wouldn't click into place completely, but it never leaked.

There were early reports of condensation in the chimney/drip tip, but those have apparently been fixed. I dont' really know why mine stopped doing it, but it also seems there are some machining "tolerances" that can also make the airflow ring tighter or looser. Mine's a bit tight, but has been loosening up.

Despite all this, I do recommend it. It's my second favorite RTA so far, flavor is great. The things I'm talking about are more like "small niggling issues" not dealbreakers. I might not have ordered another if my topcap HADN'T stopped doing that, but I would have continued vaping the one I had.

Anna

Vaep

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
San Diego
OK I got the Siren2. Was a bit cheaper than the Ares and Ive had the Siren2 in the back of my mind since Ive seen it recommended so much, but I thought the airflow might be too tight. But then I remembered that I never have open airflow on my Serpent RTA. Its always at 25% open, so if the Siren2 can match that, ill be happy. DONE. :] :]

Last edited:

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I know you already chose another RTA, but wanted to throw this out there just in case anyone else is wondering. My ares (and all the rest in the shops I went to around me) had nice tight top caps on them. An older one the shop owner uses does have a wobble to the top, but he said there was no leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread