Looking for the best authentic mod with the price of $180 or less

Status
Not open for further replies.

nocigsnomore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Land of Oz
Thank you so much for the advice. I would like to be able to use 18350 and 18650, or maybe a 26650 mech as a middle road. I have no experience with a kick, I would like to try that too. I have only used a bottom magnetic button mech before, which I liked. So a bottom button would be nice. Will primarily use my Kayfun 5, but if 30mm tanks would be nice too. :)

Last edited:

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
Phenom VA are beautiful, I have 2 but the threading is hard to catch because of the double thread design. The locking ring on the switch can wear out due to multiple attempts trying too catch the threads-pity :(
bV8BwAn.jpg

Good luck, sure you'll find something you love...take your time and do the research.

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
Had some money, but as I'm not well off they soon vanished by stocking up on juice, and a $180 mech is not what I will spend money on anymore.

Fair enough! If you don't mind pre-owned there are a multitude of terrific deals to be had on various FB forums and here too in the classies. You can sometimes pick up LE authentic s from Pinoy or elsewhere for like a quarter of the original price.
I am a musician and would most likely be homeless if I didn't have a girlfriend lol
Have you considered making your own e juice, you'd save a bundle?

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I know you wanted an authentic, but have you considered a quality clone?

If its quality and performance you want, spending extra on an authentic isnt the best option.
Times have changed. Clones aren't poorly made crap any longer.
I have a ton of mods both authentic and clones. Overall, the clones are built just as the authentics... Sometimes better.

Most dont buy authentics for quality or performance. They buy them to own an authentic example of the design.

nocigsnomore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Land of Oz
Fair enough! If you don't mind pre-owned there are a multitude of terrific deals to be had on various FB forums and here too in the classies. You can sometimes pick up LE authentic s from Pinoy or elsewhere for like a quarter of the original price.
I am a musician and would most likely be homeless if I didn't have a girlfriend lol
Have you considered making your own e juice, you'd save a bundle?

Thank you, but have to import from abroad then since 2nd hand mechs are as rare here as elephants in the sky. :) Girlfriends can be nice yes. :) Got almost 34 oz. of nicotine base I will mix with flavor, so I will not buy more pre made mixed.

I know you wanted an authentic, but have you considered a quality clone?

If its quality and performance you want, spending extra on an authentic isnt the best option.
Times have changed. Clones aren't poorly made crap any longer.
I have a ton of mods both authentic and clones. Overall, the clones are built just as the authentics... Sometimes better.

Most dont buy authentics for quality or performance. They buy them to own an authentic example of the design.

Thank you! Got two hybrid clones, but when coming from a regulated device I have been disappointed. Very little vape, and a weak hit. Got to be something about my build that makes it so bad I guess. Read that Ni80 heats up fast, so will maybe get some of that. Really like the Limitless Styled 18650 Mechanical Mod I got from FT, if it wasn't so weak... Been wondering if a contact coil is better for a mech than a spaced one, but the search I did, didn't yield much help.

Reactions: juicynoos

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Thank you! Got two hybrid clones, but when coming from a regulated device I have been disappointed. Very little vape, and a weak hit. Got to be something about my build that makes it so bad I guess. Read that Ni80 heats up fast, so will maybe get some of that. Really like the Limitless Styled 18650 Mechanical Mod I got from FT, if it wasn't so weak... Been wondering if a contact coil is better for a mech than a spaced one, but the search I did, didn't yield much help.
Kanthal works better for mech mods.
I build my drippers with 24g 6wraps 2.5mm jig. Today's build came out at .28 on my Stumpy. I use the same build on my Goon as well.

Reactions: nocigsnomore

nocigsnomore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Land of Oz
Kanthal works better for mech mods.
I build my drippers with 24g 6wraps 2.5mm jig. Today's build came out at .28 on my Stumpy. I use the same build on my Goon as well.

Thank you! Will do that build tomorrow on my Limitless Plus. :)

+ Hmmm, don't think I have 24awg kanthal though. Will try with 26awg.

Reactions: Kprthevapr

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Thank you! Will do that build tomorrow on my Limitless Plus. :)

+ Hmmm, don't think I have 24awg kanthal though. Will try with 26awg.
With 26g, you can do less wraps, try five and see how that feels.
Here's the builds on the Goon and the Stumpy

Goon
IMG_20170106_150251_310.JPG

Stumpy its on a reg mod for build purposes :D
IMG_20170106_133118_072.JPG

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
VGOD pro mech...it's a hybrid, and I believe the Limitless has a 510 pin that is more than sufficiently long enough to make the direct to battery connection safely. Around $75 shipped if I'm not mistaken, and clones float around for half that including a VGOD rdta. A dual fused clapton build @ .2~.25 with an HB6/VTC5a and you're in business.

Reactions: nocigsnomore

nocigsnomore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Land of Oz
VGOD pro mech...it's a hybrid, and I believe the Limitless has a 510 pin that is more than sufficiently long enough to make the direct to battery connection safely. Around $75 shipped if I'm not mistaken, and clones float around for half that including a VGOD rdta. A dual fused clapton build @ .2~.25 with an HB6/VTC5a and you're in business.

Thank you, but I just ordered a DNA, and importing from abroad adds to the price because of protectionism. Can't afford more gear for a while now. Maybe a tank or dripper from FT if I really want it. :)

nocigsnomore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Land of Oz
With 26g, you can do less wraps, try five and see how that feels.
Here's the builds on the Goon and the Stumpy

Goon
View attachment 626511
Stumpy its on a reg mod for build purposes :D
View attachment 626509

Looking forward to the 24awg wire arrives! Did a parallel 0.57 Ohm build with 26awg kanthal, and got a somewhat satisfying vape off the Limitless Styled 18650 Mechanical Mod, but much better than I have had before with stainless wire. Then I moved the tank to my Noisy Cricked II, and in parallel mode I get a much more satisfying vape on that, for some reason.

Was to make a contact coil, but because of the distance between the posts on the Limitless Plus made that difficult. Could have added a wrap, but I wanted a 0.5Ohm coil (at least). It spaced itself when I screw it tight, and as there was no hotspots I didn't want to mess with it.

parallel26.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread