Looking for the stronger flavors or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sm0keydaBear

Aug 13, 2015
Ok so I have a bit of a problem. I'm trying to have mainly VG juices, however I cannot find flavors that can penetrate through the high-VG mixtures.

What I'm looking for is which brand or individual flavors I can purchase online that will be strong enough that I can make high-VG (Preferably above 80% VG) mixes with and the flavor will still be there.

I realize that most flavors come in PG bases, but the alternative I can also do is find flavors that are mixed in VG so I won't need to dumb down the mixture to make it correct.

So the main question of this thread, can someone point me to VG-based flavors or the stronger PG-based flavors? Either or would be great, because I'm having problems trying to find flavors that are strong enough with high-VG mixes. Thanks!

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
yep I mix max VG they are plenty strong at 80% or higher. Only pg i use is from flavorings. All the usual suspects are in my aresenal. tfa fa cap inw fw.

Some VG is very thick and is really helped by adding a little distilled water. Aids flavor penetration and thins it out a little. Nude nicotine has som all VG flavors. They also seem to have some flavors that like to eat tank seals and stud like tank cracking abilities.

Reactions: Sm0keydaBear

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
That's true, FlavourArt's are pretty strong. Also Inawera -- their shisha strawberry is very strong and sweet and 100% authentic tasting, like sweet fresh strawberries. If you like any tobacco flavors, Inawera's are pretty good, they're really the only tobaccos I like at all anymore, the sweeter ones. Got a mix steeping now of cherry-vanilla pipe tobacco, and the tobaccos in it are Inawera, plus some TFAs for the cherry, vanilla, and sweetener.

Andria

Sm0keydaBear

Aug 13, 2015
Right now I've been using some Signature from ecigexpress and while it works, it does not seem to be penetrating the VG juices in order to make that good flavoring. It seems to be underpowered because I can taste mainly the VG in the mixture, which comprises 80% of the mixture. Although I can taste the flavor, and it taste very good, it feels not enough. I will try out TFA flavoring next, and hopefully that will work good :)

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
I had the same problem. I was mixing with TFA, Cap, and FW flavors and needed 20% to get the strong flavor I like. I recently started using Inawera and Hangsen flavor and had to cut it back to 5% max. I haven't tried a lot of their flavors yet, but the ones I have tried are all plenty strong between 2.5 - 5%. There is a "Super Conentrate" line of flavors at Bull City Vapor and a couple of other vendors that is also strong like that.

Reactions: Sm0keydaBear

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Before we beat our heads against the wall chasing flavorings.. Have you considered the problem might not be the flavorings but how you are vaping or mixing them? I'll assume you have tried Higher flavor percentages. But, have you also tried higher or more likely lower power levels or higher surface area coil?

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Before we beat our heads against the wall chasing flavorings.. Have you considered the problem might not be the flavorings but how you are vaping or mixing them? I'll assume you have tried Higher flavor percentages. But, have you also tried higher or more likely lower power levels or higher surface area coil?

Or an actual "flavor chasing" atty... a non-cloud-chasing RDA or something like a Kayfun -- too much air means too little flavor.

Andria

Sm0keydaBear

Aug 13, 2015

I've been doing my own builds for quite a bit of time now and got my coils set to where I normally get the best flavor all the time. Basically, with a 24/30g Nichrome 80 dual coil clapton build, I've been getting just the right heat flux to flavor/vapor ratio. When I close off the air flow, it seems to mute the flavor a bit on this dual coil setup, so I open it up all the way and normally get the nominal flavor from the juice. Basically, I'm 90% sure it's not the coils / wattage.

Well in any case, this last batch I do believe I botched it by throwing in too much flavoring as the flavor was perfumey on the exhale and tasted quite bad. When dry burning the juice and "smelling" it, I could smell the exact flavor that was coming from the juice, however on a mouth to lung hit, tasted very different and exhale was perfumey. The other thing I'm quite sure of at the moment is my juice making skills aren't the greatest, but I'll get there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread