Status
Not open for further replies.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I have not been on the forum in almost a year due to moving and work. I have also not purchased any new mods in that time. My last purchase was the LVT Do ve Pro that I only use out on my kayak. I have gotten 2 years on the purchase of my Itaste VTR with I Clear S tanks. I recently made a trip to my local vape shop for replacement coils when my online order got lost in the mail. Now I have a bad case of shinyitis. Guy at the shop showed me the new Kbox mini and talked to me about sub ohm tanks and mods. I came home and got online to look at reviews and do a little research. It is way past time for me to catch up to the newest technology and 15 watts and 1.5 amp coils are just not doing it for me anymore. I want more.
The Subox Mini kit looks like just what I need to get started but I see they are coming out with the floating center pin sometime this month. Does anyone know if there will be a designation or change in the name so we know we are getting the new style and not the older fixed pin?
My only problem ever with mods has been with the center pins and I have had older telescoping Z's and SVDs that all had center pin issues. SVD's also had fire button issues.
If I like the Mini, I may eventually pick up a Subox Nano when they are released for stealth vaping at work.
I will also be wanting another 70 watt or up for using mostly at home but sometimes in my pocket. I am intrigued by the new Sigelei 75 watt coming out. Also the IPV 70 I think it was that the shop guy showed me
For RTA's I am planning on using the ones that come with the Subox to start with,and I see Innoken has some too. I like the Iclears so I may try one of those too, while I take another leap into the unknown and learn how to build my own coils. Why not? I already make my own juice:)

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
After watching several You Tube reviews on my choices I may have to find a few more mods to consider and it looks like I have to wait a few weeks to get what I want. My budget is for a rebuildable Tank Atomizer like the Kanger Subtank Mini Plus with a 50 watt plus Mod that takes a removable 18650 battery. My budget is $100 for Mod and tank. The Kanger Subox Mini fits the bill but I am waiting for the new spring loaded center pin to be released. I am trying to decide between picking up a Sigelei 75 Watt of an IPV Mini 2 70 watt. Neither of which is available right now. Is there another comparable Mod with removable battery in this price range that I have overlooked?

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
It seems like the subox mini would fit the bill perfectly. I agree on waiting for the spring loaded pin. I don't know why they didn't do that in the first place. Also I don't think you could go wrong with the ipv or the Sigelei. I do believe the new 75w Sigelei is a temp controlled mod so that may help you with your decision as well.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Thanks ericbal. I am planning on the Kanger Subox and I may just go ahead and order 1 now and pick up another 1 when the spring loaded center pin is available. I can get the whole kit for only $20 more than just what the Subtank Mini would cost. Gives me a reason to get both colors ;) I also want the Subox Nano and the Sigelei 75 watt but I want to wait a few months on the Sigelei to check out the reviews. I also like Heatvapes invader mini and it may be my new Mod to carry in my Kayak. It is long past time for me to update all of my devices.

Last edited:

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I just placed my order for the Heatvape Invader Mini V2 at NW Vapes. I also added a Subtank Mini to my order. I decided to wait until the Kanger Sub Box comes out with the Spring loaded Center pin before ordering it. In the meantime The Invader Mini should get me started and I can carry it in my kayak without worrying about water getting splashed on it. The Invader is Temperature controlled too and rated well by Pbusardo. Centerpin is fixed but no problems reported with that due to the adjustable top ring :)

ddarlington24

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2013
usa
There's so MANY sub-ohm tanks now its pretty hard to recommend just one. For myself my need was i wanted the ability of an Rba section so I'm not stuck with out replacement coils. Plus the cost of these replacement coils is rather high depending on where you buy them from.

So with that in mind i personally went with "subtank mini 1st gen" eleaf lemo, delta II it doesn't come with the rba section but you can buy it separately.

My newest purchase is a Zephyrus haven't received it just yet. So can't say how it performs.

Out of the all the tanks i currently have i'd say the lemo is the easiest to work with plus the flavor is on par with just about anything plus it holds 5ml helps too.

I run them all in temperature control mode now with ni200 @0.15 ohm temp varies slightly depending on the juice but its pretty easily to dial them in.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Thanks Ddarlingon, that was my reason for going with the subtank is the included RBA base. Good reviews on the Lemo, I may get one of those as well. I also plan on keeping extra coil heads for those days when I need one and didn't plan ahead. I started vaping back in 2011 on Joye Egos when they were 3 piece units, then the ego T's and I moved up to a lava Tube with drip tip and then finally tanks came out. I got my 1st tanks and thought those were just great. Telescoping Zs and SVDs with I clears and kanger pro tanks were the bomb. The vaping world has certainly advanced in the last 2 years since I got my VTR and I clear s tanks. I look forward to enjoying these advancements :)

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
There's so MANY sub-ohm tanks now its pretty hard to recommend just one. For myself my need was i wanted the ability of an Rba section so I'm not stuck with out replacement coils. Plus the cost of these replacement coils is rather high depending on where you buy them from.

So with that in mind i personally went with "subtank mini 1st gen" eleaf lemo, delta II it doesn't come with the rba section but you can buy it separately.

My newest purchase is a Zephyrus haven't received it just yet. So can't say how it performs.

Out of the all the tanks i currently have i'd say the lemo is the easiest to work with plus the flavor is on par with just about anything plus it holds 5ml helps too.

I run them all in temperature control mode now with ni200 @0.15 ohm temp varies slightly depending on the juice but its pretty easily to dial them in.
Have to say good choice on the zephyrus, had mine since it launched and love it. If you haven't looked there is a thread about it where there was Alot of discussion about little quirks etc...

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
PS I decided to wait and get the Subox Mini when the ones with Spring loaded Center Pin is released. I stopped by our local B&M this morning and drooled over all the new mods with my brother. He really like The Sigelei 150, but I talked him down to a Subox Mini or Nano since he is a new vapor, I'll order his when I order mine. I really like the I stick mini they had there. That thing is tiny. Stealthy vaping at work maybe. I prefer a removable battery but the I sticks really looked good. So many mods so many choices. back to the reviews :)

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
PS I decided to wait and get the Subox Mini when the ones with Spring loaded Center Pin is released. I stopped by our local B&M this morning and drooled over all the new mods with my brother. He really like The Sigelei 150, but I talked him down to a Subox Mini or Nano since he is a new vapor, I'll order his when I order mine. I really like the I stick mini they had there. That thing is tiny. Stealthy vaping at work maybe. I prefer a removable battery but the I sticks really looked good. So many mods so many choices. back to the reviews :)

There is Alot of bad press on the istick 50 so read up. I am looking at the ipv3li as my next buy. It's under 90 at mvs etc... Will run 200 watts, do Tc and is ti compatible. I look at it as future proofing myself as I doubt I'll ever use 200 watts, but used to say I'd never use 100 lol.

Here is a thread on the istick that turned me away
Do Not Buy The Istick 50W - My 3 month documentation | E-Cigarette Forum

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Thanks for the info HT redneck but I already browsed thru some reviews and came to that same conclusion. I also like to be able to take the battery out and charge it. I think my future mega watt mods will be a Siegelei or an IPV, but I am leaning toward the Sigelei. That said I still want the Subox Mini and Nano. I may decide on an IPV also. After I stock up on my mods then I will start building my RTA and RDA collection also. I want to stay stocked up and up to date for whenever the powers that be decide to put more restrictions against vaping or try to ban it all together .

I want to be ready for the Vaping Apocolypse:evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread