What have I done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Red Husker

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2009
Nebraska
So my subox died, with little research, I jumped in and purchased a voopoo drag. No I don't care about a boycott. Have no idea who these people are and I don't care. I just heard great things about the drag and figured couldn't be that much different than my subox. I haven't been on vaping forums since the subox came out. Just ordered liquids andthe same .5 sub ohm coils as needed. Man how things have changed.

Along with a uwell valerian tank. I barely even asked questions while I was in the store figured I could figure it it

Batteries are charging on a efest slim k2 charger, which I need a wall adapter for the USB cable i just found it so they're charging on my laptop, suggestions?

Anyway what do I absolutely need to know about this mod and the tank.

What are these 3 pins? Temp control? What coils are these I'm guessing stainless steel that come with the valyrian?

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
So my subox died, with little research, I jumped in and purchased a voopoo drag. No I don't care about a boycott. Have no idea who these people are and I don't care. I just heard great things about the drag and figured couldn't be that much different than my subox. I haven't been on vaping forums since the subox came out. Just ordered liquids andthe same .5 sub ohm coils as needed. Man how things have changed.

Along with a uwell valerian tank. I barely even asked questions while I was in the store figured I could figure it it

Batteries are charging on a efest slim k2 charger, which I need a wall adapter for the USB cable i just found it so they're charging on my laptop, suggestions?

What are these 3 pins? Temp control? What coils are these I'm guessing stainless steel that come with the valyrian?
Not something I use or even know about... sorry.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Big Red Husker

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2009
Nebraska
Well Ive used it a few times tonight and after I gathered my lungs off the floor from coughing so hard, have to say I love it. But I'm still adjusting. Going from a .5 subohn coil to .15 is a huge difference along with 35 Watts up to 80. What my subox used to be.

The throat hit is far greater. I thought I was going to die. Subox I would take like 6 to 8 second drags. This I'm firing and letting go almost immediately I can't handle it. I'm trying to find what I like the airflow at.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Well Ive used it a few times tonight and after I gathered my lungs off the floor from coughing so hard, have to say I love it. But I'm still adjusting. Going from a .5 subohn coil to .15 is a huge difference along with 35 Watts up to 80. What my subox used to be.

The throat hit is far greater. I thought I was going to die. Subox I would take like 6 to 8 second drags. This I'm firing and letting go almost immediately I can't handle it. I'm trying to find what I like the airflow at.
Hi,
How is the subtank mini on the new mod?
If you prefer the vape from the kanger tank, why not keep using it?

Cheers
I

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, I doubt your mod is at issue, here, and while you are getting used to it, you could always use your old setup (or even tank) on it as you adjust to vapor volume.

I did want to say (if you are indeed charging these cells via USB from a laptop, or even connecting a charger to one, don't). If anything goes wrong with charging, it has the potential to fry your laptop, instead of a wall wart, which is much more easily and cheaply replaced.

Can't be of help with the tank, but if you don't have one already (sorry, I was a little bit confused by your post) you may want to invest in a good external charger, and if it is an external charger, you still want to connect the USB to a good, high powered wall wart not your laptop.

Best of luck, welcome to ECF.

Anna

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I know nothing about this problem but, as a displaced Husker fan, I hope Scott Frost works his magic in Lincoln as he did at UCF.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

I did want to say (if you are indeed charging these cells via USB from a laptop, or even connecting a charger to one, don't). If anything goes wrong with charging, it has the potential to fry your laptop, instead of a wall wart, which is much more easily and cheaply replaced.

I'm with Stols on not charging from a laptop, especially unplugged.
I'll jump in here and agree with stolls001 and r77r7r, don't charge your batteries via laptop USB. Electronic devises can and do fail (although rarely), and a potential mishap can never be ruled out. It's far cheaper to replace a dedicated $20 battery charger than it is a laptop computer. A dedicated battery charger will also charge your batteries faster.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread