lost taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
If you switch up your flavors frequently, vapors tongue should go away.

I've heard of other crazy solutions like drinking milk, eating Jolly Ranchers, reading a good book, whatever.. In the end, I think the thing that makes the biggest difference is switching to a different flavor for a day (or at least a few hours) before going back. It also helps to re-wick when you do decide to try the flavor which you were immune to, so that you get the cleanest version of the flavor -- no bleed from previous ones.

jdimasi

May 27, 2015
If you switch up your flavors frequently, vapors tongue should go away.

I've heard of other crazy solutions like drinking milk, eating Jolly Ranchers, reading a good book, whatever.. In the end, I think the thing that makes the biggest difference is switching to a different flavor for a day (or at least a few hours) before going back. It also helps to re-wick when you do decide to try the flavor which you were immune to, so that you get the cleanest version of the flavor -- no bleed from previous ones.
I tried new flavors. Chamges my wicks changed my coil cleaned out my tank . Just dead . But I still chain vape because I don't wanna ciggerett it has been 3 weeks without one . But I can't put the vape down

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
I tried new flavors. Chamges my wicks changed my coil cleaned out my tank . Just dead . But I still chain vape because I don't wanna ciggerett it has been 3 weeks without one . But I can't put the vape down

Are they within the same flavor profile? ie: Have you switched from a fruit flavor to a chocolate flavor, or a mint flavor?

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
My lost taste and dead mouth happened because of artificial ingredients in ejuice. After a few days of vaping just tobacco flavored juice I was ok, went back to the other juices and it returned. Gave the other juices away and started DIY with no artificial ingredient flavorings and no issues since.

your results may vary. I do have an intolerance for artificial sweeteners. Tastes horribly chemical and leaves a horrible aftertaste. Not just in juices but in all applications.

jdimasi

May 27, 2015
My lost taste and dead mouth happened because of artificial ingredients in ejuice. After a few days of vaping just tobacco flavored juice I was ok, went back to the other juices and it returned. Gave the other juices away and started DIY with no artificial ingredient flavorings and no issues since.

your results may vary. I do have an intolerance for artificial sweeteners. Tastes horribly chemical and leaves a horrible aftertaste. Not just in juices but in all applications.
Any suggestions besides makeing my own . What brand has no artifical sweeteners . I am useing tally ho dolomite , gush, vigneron brands

tvapernow

May 25, 2015
So hello again I am new and read alot about vape tounge on this forum. I belive I have it i had it like a week now . So darn fustrating. I tried every thing suggested. Is it because I vape to much or is my vape to warm I like a warm hit . Why me lol

I had a little bit of vapors tongue about 2 or 3 weeks into vaping. drink plenty of water and rinse your mouth out with it often. It seems to help. Try like crazy not to light up that first analog... good luck...

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
There are several, Virgin Vapors has a no artificial ingredient line and others do as well. I gave up on the bought ejuice and did not try them though as I nearly gave up on vaping. Glad I dod not quit though.

the bought tobacco I use is Clayton tobacco flavor. It is chinese and cheap and bought in tobacco shops and gas n gos. I get 12 mg and used it straight for weeks and now I cut it 50% with 50/50 PG/VG and add maybe 3 drops of butterscotch flavor per 10 ml.

I vape the tobacco flavor to kill the cig urges when they arise. Mostly I vape Blueberry, Peach Strawberry banana, Watermelon and banana. I am working on some more flavors but nothing great yet. I use liquid Stevia from GNC as my sweetener with no issues.

Are you in the USA? If so you can google clayton ejuice, their site has a store locator function.

Last edited:

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
I have never experienced this "vapor tongue" but I can suggest a couple of things and if they do not work for this issue they sure work for other oral issues.
Get a toothbrush that has a tongue scrubber, trust me they are available. Scrub your tongue 3X daily. And in addition the second thing you can do is get a lemon, cut into slices, bite into one and "cleanse the pallet". This is a common practice in the food industry and why you see so much lemon used in restaurants. It works!

Just a couple of safe and inexpensive ways to help perhaps.

Bon Appetit!:)

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I've found citrus flavors like fruit loops cause it with me. So did cinnamon. Not trying to take anything away from other posters but remember all natural doesn't necessarily mean safer when it comes to vaping. That is straight from the good doctor's mouth

I the no artificial ingredients is what like and what my body tells me works for me.
Safer when it comes to vaping? Now there is an entire universe. No one really knows yet do they? I do not like artificial flavorings that just differ minutely from insecticide or other horrible to ingest thing. Most all of the artificial flavorings taste perfumy to me.

Vaping less volume must be safer than vaping a larger volume if vaping presents any harm risk whatsoever?

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Well do you guys think I am vaping to much I go thru a 15 ml bottle easy in 1 1/2days . It is almost as expensive as ciggeretts and I live in new York where they go for 10 to
13 dollars a pack .

You're spending too much on your e-liquid. Buy in bulk, if you want to keep vaping that much per day.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
It is up to you to make the call. imho vaping 15 ml per day is still safer than smoking cigs. However we have scant data to go on now as far as long term impacts from vaping so no one can say for sure. just for your information and not to try and influence you at all since I believe that as long as you stay off of cigs you are winning.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
It is up to you to make the call. imho vaping 15 ml per day is still safer than smoking cigs. However we have scant data to go on now as far as long term impacts from vaping so no one can say for sure. just for your information and not to try and influence you at all since I believe that as long as you stay off of cigs you are winning.

And yes buy your juice in larger quantities thru the mail once you figure out what you like. You CAN vape much cheaper than smoking esp in NY. I save 30-50% and I live in KY where I was getting cigs for $32/carton. And 1/2 of what I spend is on new hardware. Just about to get that built up for a while though. I make my own ejuice for about .10/ml.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread