Lost Vape Therion 166 (DNA250)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Here's a few more pictures of the Grey (Yellow) Snakeskin Therion 166 I took earlier today

PS Our unusually warm January temps have disappeared and the cold and snow are back :(

My Crazy Collie was getting jealous of all the attention I was giving the mod and decided to sneak into the picture :lol:
IMG_20170129_145125_zpsh17lhjzb.jpg

IMG_20170129_145159_zpsxe6mlmur.jpg

IMG_20170129_145251_zps0bnn2tck.jpg

IMG_20170129_145335_zpsnydx5cdn.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Khanninnarh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2016
My new Black Therion 166 with a Grey Snakeskin Battery Cover just arrived :D. I loaded up my ecig File, took some quick pictures and so far it's vaping like a charm. First impressions are I'm very impressed. It works great, feels great, looks great, and the cover is fantastic!!! What's not to like.

IMG_20170128_130348_zpsb3xmd5hz.jpg

IMG_20170128_130554_zpsoocay6a0.jpg

IMG_20170128_130632_zpsmafrocz9.jpg

IMG_20170128_130659_zpsapc2npsp.jpg

IMG_20170128_130736_zpslg4dhwqz.jpg

The Two Black Therion 166's side by side
IMG_20170128_131219_zpsuw8h8xdz.jpg

IMG_20170128_131127_zpsrzryueto.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Hi Steve.

I was wondering how is the battery life on the 166. Compared to other the Therion 75.

I'll usually vape between 75 to 85 watts.

Thinking of getting the black one. Looks killer.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Hi Steve.

I was wondering how is the battery life on the 166. Compared to other the Therion 75.

Thanks

I don't have the Therion 75 so I can't compare other than to say the 166 will be more efficient (longer runtime at the same power). The DNA75 is 85% vs 97% efficient for the DNA250 chip (167 with 2 cells). I get great battery life (about day and a half with my vaping style). I really like mine. The DNA200/250 in a 2 cell configuration have been my favorite mods for awhile now. More than enough power, not too big to carry, and great runtime.

Cheers,
Steve

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    If I understand correctly, with preheat we determine the power and duration of the first pulse. It means mod will fire 35W for 1s even if temperature is set to only 100C.
    OR until you're close to reaching the set temperature

After 1s chip takes over temperature regulation and keeps temperature at the level it was set using 30W pulses.
    The chip manages temp regulation the entire time. After you reach temp, the mod drops to the wattage required for the set temp, and it's a straight DC current to the coil. No pulsing.

For ....s and giggles, while device monitor is active, you can do a 'simulated puff' and see a much lower, steady wattage requirement. Then if you do an actual vape, you can see the wattage raising and lowering as you increase/decrease how hard you pull.

Excellent pic from @Eskie

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2013
    Flat Rock, MI, USA
    Hi Steve.

Thanks

I PM'd you with a link that's good for 10% off your first order at WNY Vapes. They have a pretty nice selection of Black Framed Therion 166's including two different Snakeskin covers. With the discount, the price is $126 shipped via Priority Mail (In the USA). It's the best price I could find for the Ltd Ed Snakeskin Cover Therion 166.

Cheers,
    Steve

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2013
    Flat Rock, MI, USA
    For those still looking to score one
    go to Vaporider website and happy hunting!!!!

WNY only has the silver frame model but they do have various style doors for the therion on sale.....

Where can I get the exotic red snake skin door?

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk
    WNY Vapes has the Black Therion in stock with various doors, I just looked. You can check it out for yourself. I talked to them on the phone last week and they said they have the Bush Viper on order (Red). The other place that I knew of that had the Bush Viper in stock had sold out the last time I checked. WNY does have two other Snakeskin Models in stock though (Grey/Yellow and White - Both with Black Frames).
    Lost Vape Therion DNA166 TC Box Mod

Cheers,
    Steve

Last edited:

Khanninnarh

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2016
    I PM'd you with a link that's good for 10% off your first order at WNY Vapes. They have a pretty nice selection of Black Framed Therion 166's including two different Snakeskin covers. With the discount, the price is $126 shipped via Priority Mail (In the USA). It's the best price I could find for the Ltd Ed Snakeskin Cover Therion 166.

Cheers,
    Steve

Thanks Steve for the info and the link!!

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 17, 2012
    NYC
    The reason i said that is because when you type WNY in Google the link that came up didnt have the black frame mod...The link you provided has it and now Im upset because i could've gotten the red snake skin mod and I got the red leather instead....hopefully i could buy the door separately... Cheers!

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 11, 2013
    New York City
    My Therion looks awesome (Black & White Snake Skin) and I can't wait to play with it (not much time last night). Didn't take pictures yet, but I will. It looks very similar to the Grey Rattlesnake, so I hope the color comes across well in photos.

After seeing how classy and well made it appears, I am now on the quest for a virtually leak-free tank, so as to not risk ruining the battery cover or the board. I had been looking at the OBS Engine Nano (anybody got one?), but all of my mods were too narrow to fit it (25mm), so I'm thinking a black one will work perfectly on the Therion. :)

If there are other tanks I should be considering, please chime in. I'm primarily a single-coil girl though.

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    I use OBS Engines on my Therion and Triade. Fits the Therion just fine. The nano version is a single coil deck vs. the dual coil on the regular Engine. The black Engine on the black frame should look great! There's a thread on the nano in the RTA section and the reports are excellent.

Other single coil tanks to look at would include the Merlin mini and the Serpent mini. Both with single coil build sections. Both are bottom air, so no absolute guarantee on leak potential, but overall pretty trustworthy when wicked properly.

Reactions: Wingsfan0310

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    I have the 22mm version of the Serpent Mini and totally forgot that there's a 25mm version. :facepalm: Will need to look into that one.
    I've got both. I find the 25mm has much more airflow. It still has that very shallow drip tip and even wider than the 22mm. I find I get better flavor from the 22mm but the 25 looks badarse

Reactions: Wingsfan0310

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2013
    Flat Rock, MI, USA
    I use OBS Engines on my Therion and Triade. Fits the Therion just fine. The nano version is a single coil deck vs. the dual coil on the regular Engine. The black Engine on the black frame should look great! There's a thread on the nano in the RTA section and the reports are excellent.

Other single coil tanks to look at would include the Merlin mini and the Serpent mini. Both with single coil build sections. Both are bottom air, so no absolute guarantee on leak potential, but overall pretty trustworthy when wicked properly.
    I'm a big fan of the 25mm Aromamizer Supreme. It comes in Black and Silver. They also have the Limited Editions that come in those two colors along with Gunmetal, Gold, and Coffee (sort of looks Bronze to me).My pics have the Gunmetal 25mm Supreme on them (well most of them do)

I agree with Eskie though that anything with bottom airflow has no absolute guarantee to not leak. Mine don't, but do spit out the airholes every once in awhile. They are also dual coil RTA's. They come with a ceramic plug to turn them into single coil (the Ltd Ed do at least), but if I wanted single coil, I would get something made for that. Not something that could be rigged to go that way too. I'm sort of old school, but I believe in buying things to be used in the way they were meant to be used (it usually works out best).

Gunmetal on the left, Black on the right (the Black one is a Supreme Lite (23mm)
    IMG_20170119_204746_zpshqnz7yi0.jpg

Cheers,
    Steve

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 17, 2012
    NYC
    Ive been using the merlin mini for the pass couple of days and im really happy that I bought it...its really nice looking and vapes really good with a simple 24g dual coil build. Its putting out clouds and its not wonky like the mage atty. Everything screws in nice and smooth and no leaks so far. Only ran a few tanks through it but its definitely worth the money. The finish is also stunning. The SS has a semi polished brushed finnish that looks and feels quality. Im very happy with it and I recomend this one for sure.....

I bought a black mad dog dripper for the therion and cant wait to post pics when i get it...

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eskie
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread