menthol flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

disallowedword

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2010
Smokane, WA
Here is a recipe I was playing with that my Daughter enjoyed before it had even been steeped,

Strawberry VZ 3%
Bavarian cream FW 6%
Chocolate truffel VZ 4% (maybe would be better at 3%, pretty strong and true flavor)
Dutch chocolate mint CAP 3%
Koolada 3%
Menthol 3%
vape wizard FA 1%

At this point the Mint isn’t coming through real clear yet and no strawberry exhale. It should get better after a week or so, but My Daughter thought it was just great as is (of coarse it was free, lol ).
This should give you a few ideas! Im not a brand name guy, I just use the flavors that actually taste good to people and adapt to recipes.
Have fun :)

k2zs

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2014
Rochester, NY
I don't have a Reo (yet) but love menthols :D. Here's 2 of my favorites:

My most favorite ADV
9.5% - Sweet Tangerine (CAP)
3.0% - Menthol (TFA)
2.5% - Peppermint (TFA)
2.25% - Koolada (TFA)
.75% - Sweetener (TFA)

2nd runner-up
3.0% - Menthol (TFA)
2.0% - Peppermint (TFA)
2.0% - Spearmint (TFA)
2.0% - Koolada (TFA)
.25% - Sweetener (TFA)

I run those in tanks (Kabuki's) so not sure how they would be in drippers. I did do a low NIC version of the Tangerine recipe without the Menthol and Koolada that I ran in a TC Gremlin Mini that really worked out well, that may be good in the Reo as well ;)

Have fun...

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Never smoked menthol tobacco's, so don't vape menthol joose so to speak. But I do mix some palate cleansers with "mint" concentrates as their base flavor. Currently using Spearmint, a powerful concentrate I have mixed so one pull is all it takes between my other jooses to wipe out the previous one and pave the way for the next.

You can get the coolness, feel/kick of menthol/mint without adding their flavor with TFA/TPA Koolada 10% to personal taste. I've seen suggested % range listed as 3%-10%, but I mix all my joose to 'my' tastes. It's down side is it eventually titrates nicotine. Not a big deal if you're not still hooked on nic so do 0mg/ml joose... or to the home DIYer that is still nic driven if they make their joose in smaller batches they will use up sooner. Don't need nic here, so I use it as an "enhancer" to many other flavored jooses (sometimes also enhance with EM, AP or Vin as well).

Rob.Gee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Montana
So far I have taken the easy route. I have a 15ml bottle of menthol flavor and I put a few drops in my reo bottle every day. The other reo is for unflavored nic base.

I get tired of flavors really quick and these two make it easy to switch up. Also keeps things nice and simple for my crazy life

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
For out of the bottle Mr. Eliquid got me off cigs, menthol is great, no mint. After moving to unflavored I add a drop or two of menthol if I want it. Menthol drops are great. :)

Tracey

I haven't tried that with menthol. Perhaps I should. I've been dealing with a bad bronchial infection, the last week or so, and haven't been able to vape much of anything. Normally, I vape unflavored, with just a drop or two of flavoring, like caramel, tobacco, or whatever, in the Reo bottle. I've pretty much quit making all the involved, complex recipes I used to make. I think I'll give a drop of menthol a try today.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I haven't tried that with menthol. Perhaps I should. I've been dealing with a bad bronchial infection, the last week or so, and haven't been able to vape much of anything. Normally, I vape unflavored, with just a drop or two of flavoring, like caramel, tobacco, or whatever, in the Reo bottle. I've pretty much quit making all the involved, complex recipes I used to make. I think I'll give a drop of menthol a try today.

For menthol or mint, I use The Flavor Apprentice liquid menthol and LorAnn Mint. I have never used or tried flavors from Nude Nicotine simply because I had a good supply of other brands before I found NN. I use NN nicotine 100 mg exclusively.

I found some bottles with what are essentially a blunt needle in the cap. It looks like it might be a 22 gauge needle. This gives me a very small drop and a lot of control. I do as does Rule62 and add a drop of so of whatever flavor into the squonk bottle. I mixing 250 ml of unflavored in a squirt bottle and then add flavor if I like at REO fill time. Most of the flavors that I add seem to blend well together so I don't change wicks. Menthol does linger longer than most other flavors.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
For menthol or mint, I use The Flavor Apprentice liquid menthol and LorAnn Mint. I have never used or tried flavors from Nude Nicotine simply because I had a good supply of other brands before I found NN. I use NN nicotine 100 mg exclusively.

I found some bottles with what are essentially a blunt needle in the cap. It looks like it might be a 22 gauge needle. This gives me a very small drop and a lot of control. I do as does Rule62 and add a drop of so of whatever flavor into the squonk bottle. I mixing 250 ml of unflavored in a squirt bottle and then add flavor if I like at REO fill time. Most of the flavors that I add seem to blend well together so I don't change wicks. Menthol does linger longer than most other flavors.

I tried a single drop of TFA Menthol in a full Reo bottle of my 6mg unflavored, and it seems to be hitting the spot. It's the first semi serious vaping I've been able to handle in days, other than very light 'tootle puffing'. I'm normally a lung hitter, with .4 to .45 ohm dual coil builds. But with my recent bronchial infection, I haven't been able to vape the way I normally do.
Next fill up, I may try some Koolada, instead of Menthol, to see how that does. But this single drop of Menthol is pretty good.

Reactions: CMD-Ky

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I occasionally make a 5ml batch of menthol juice when the urge hits me. I have 1/2 pound of crystals and made a small batch of Pg solvated flavoring. Two drops per 5 mls of nic base gives me a real punch in the face menthol experience! I mix it with my ADV tobacco flavoring ( Hangsen #5) but the menthol really takes over and dominates, it reminds me of when I used to like to have a Kool smoke :)

Reactions: JC Okie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread