• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Mike Huckabee Volunteers To Go To Jail For Kim Davis

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
That law was found to be unconstitutional on all levels. Thus it is no longer a valid law. Simple as that. Now, rather than being a law, it is a crime to keep it on the books. Unconstitutional is unconstitutional. The end. No part of our government can hold it as law.

Then by your logic, Kim Davis shouldnt be signing ANY marriage licenses at all. Which makes your earlier argument about her not doing her job invalid.

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
Then by your logic, Kim Davis shouldnt be signing ANY marriage licenses at all. Which makes your earlier argument about her not doing her job invalid.

Either way you look at it, she should be unemployed.

She is unwilling to accept that times have changed and her prejudice is no longer accepted. People like her just have to hate someone and her choices are getting smaller.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
They have questioned the religious beliefs of many over the years. How many Christians are forced to work on Christmas or the Sabboth? Courts have told them to do it or find another job. Why should she be any different? If she didn't want to do her job, she should find another. Nothing in her job forced her to violate her religious beliefs, she just chose to make a scene because she didn't like it and didn't want to quit.

There was more than one slave owner that signed the Constitution. The Emancipation Proclimation freed them quite some time later.

These people that you are pointing out would know going into the job. Kim Davis didn't.

STexan, this is a Christian Vapor Room, privately founded by Blue Knight Max. This room doesn't come under the other room's guidelines. I edited the beginning of your post as I found it to be inappropriate. Please read Sticky #5 listed at the top and please comply. I thank you very much! God Bless! :)

Last edited:

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Correct, in the complete absence of Federal law, state law is sovereign.

Those who are angry about this should work to change laws at a local level, instead of trying to force 50 years of change on everyone in just a few short years.

Thats not how its supposed to work.

AMEIN!!:)

Reactions: zapped

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
These people that you are pointing out would know going into the job. Kim Davis didn't.

STexan, this is a Christian Vapor Room, privately founded by Blue Knight Max. This room doesn't come under the other room's guidelines. I edited the beginning of your post as I found it to be unappropriate. Please read Sticky #5 listed at the top and please comply. I thank you very much! God Bless! :)

Ok, so this part of the forum is only for religious extremist that think that their way is the only way? There are Churches that allow gay marriages within their walls now, so not all Christians feel as you do. As I said before, I am a Christian myself, but I understand that I live in a country that isn't allowed to base its laws off of the Bible because of religious tolerance. I haven't argued that what they are doing is wrong in the eyes of the Lord, just that in this country, people can believe otherwise, and have the right to practice their beliefs.

I have never once searched anywhere but the "New Posts" link at the top of the page. I have no idea what sticky you are speaking of. What did I say that was "unappropriate"? I assume you mean "inappropriate" though...

Reactions: wabah58

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
  • Deleted by Saintscruiser
  • Reason: disruptive behavior

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't

She is unwilling to accept that times have changed and her prejudice is no longer accepted. People like her just have to hate someone and her choices are getting smaller.
    That still comes down to your opinion there is two apperatice to remove her from office legally.
    1. By a judge.
    2. KY state legislature to remove her from office by a vote.

Actually I think the prejudice is reverse in this case it becomes apparent that the issue of marriage was forced by the courts due to pressure that was asserted by same sex couples who could have went elsewhere and adverted this mess, being no licenses were being issued at all by Davis before court holding Davis in contempt and her deputy clerk issuing them without her approval. Now there is doublt if they are legal. Seems like a waste of time just to make a point.

SomeTexan

Moved On
    Jun 1, 2015
    That still comes down to your opinion there is two apperatice to remove her from office legally.
    1. By a judge.
    2. KY state legislature to remove her from office by a vote.

Actually I think the prejudice is reverse in this case it becomes apparent that the issue of marriage was forced by the courts due to pressure that was asserted by same sex couples who could have went elsewhere and adverted this mess, being no licenses were being issued at all by Davis before court holding Davis in contempt and her deputy clerk issuing them without her approval. Now there is doublt if they are legal. Seems like a waste of time just to make a point.

If you had been denied a marriage certificate would you have gone elsewhere or wanted justice? I don't know the laws of that state, but some require that it be handled by the courts in the city that you live in or the county seat. Are you 100% sure they could have gone elsewhere?

Reactions: mightymen

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    1. First and foremost, we are all here in LOVE. If there is any "Hate" going on, you will be warned. If it continues, your post(s) will be deleted.

2. We are all here to share thoughts and ideas with regards to vaping from a Christian perspective as well as other topics.

3. Our doors are open to all, but it is moderated.

4. Please, DO NOT ask any suppliers that are posting in the forum about stock updates and/or your orders. If so, your post will be deleted. Please take that question to the appropriate thread.

5. Please try your best to stay "on-Topic"

6. Any trolls pop up, If I have not caught it, PM me so I can delete them.

I hope you all will enjoy this Social Forum.

God Bless.

Max

The Blue Knight :cool:

Real Bikers never get lost.....We go sight seeing

It's the fifth from the very top of the page down. There is a small divider between the sticky's and threads. So very sorry. I thought you knew that. Forgive me. I deleted 'That's BS!'

Not all church's are equal. If a church preaches against Scripture, then I wouldn't go back. Some churches don't preach the Blood of Jesus for sins. Some churches have idols. Some people have idols.....whether it's money, power, etc. Anything that is more important than Jesus is an idol. "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto thee." I believe that God, Bless His Holy Name, comes before any and everything and everybody. If you are married and Jesus isn't in your marriage, trouble is coming. I know from experience.

Almighty God, Bless His Holy Name, doesn't change. He is the same as He was creating the world and will not change. That's why the Holy Bible is so very precious. You know, so many times people compare their lives to other people. A true Christian compares his/her's life to Jesus. I fall so short of the Glory of God! My goal on this earth is to become more and more like Jesus! I hate no one. I don't like many people, but I don't hate them.

I am taught by God, Bless His Holy Name, through Scripture, other people, and outcomes of circumstances. I pray and expect an answer, even if the Lord tells me He is working on it. That tells me there will be an answer to my prayers. And yes, He does answer my prayers. It may be 'yes' or 'no' or 'I'm working on it.'

'Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's and render unto God what is God's.'

Yeah I caught that misspelled word after I posted that. I got it though.:)

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    If you had been denied a marriage certificate would you have gone elsewhere or wanted justice? I don't know the laws of that state, but some require that it be handled by the courts in the city that you live in or the county seat. Are you 100% sure they could have gone elsewhere?
    Let's all start over you said your a Christian there are many different beliefs that go by Christian.
    I myself attempt to be a Christin like the early church. I believe in the forgiveness of sin through the blood of Jesus and the being the Word of God that God reveals to those who trust Him. If you believe as I do why don't we search out Gods word in the Bible.

PS there is no higher law or authority then God.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    Here are the states that have legalized marriage between same sex.

Thirty-seven states and the District of Columbia currently allow for gay marriage: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

So in answer to your question, yes there are other states they could have gone to....one state up...Pennsylvania.

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    The denied marriage - I follower a higher law then man's law though any man can do whatever pleases them as long as it dose not conflict with Gods law and interfere with me, forcing me to go against Gods law interfere with my belief and worship.

There weren't denied they were hindded, it wasn't impossible for them that is two different things. Personally my only object and mind set would have been to go elsewhere soon as possible if it was so important me and my partner though they put they priorities elsewhere. But that me.

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Right off the bat there is an issue the ky state law says the marriage license is issued to the female. Then elsewhere it says between a man and women and yet the Governor said it was legal. We expect a elected official to avert the law of the state and we wonder why we have crooks in Government, it's shame she showing integerity and going by the law.

The court is only obligated to look at the federal law and rule by it while the state is the one who defines what a marriage is by they laws and rule by its law. Foolish people.

Last edited:

zapped

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 30, 2009

I disagree.

God gave us all judgement for a reason. Choosing not to exercise that judgement doesnt make anyone a better person.In fact I'll go on record as saying that all it does it make people artificially stupid and that much easier to fool and control as a result.Not using Gods gifts is an insult to Him as well as ourselves.

Times changing, does not equal progress and I wonder how many would continue with that same tired argument if they knew that they were dragging themselves and the rest of us, along on a one-way journey straight to hell?

Reactions: Saintscruiser

SomeTexan

Moved On
    Jun 1, 2015
    Times changing, does not equal progress and I wonder how many would continue with that same tired argument if they knew that they were dragging themselves and the rest of us, along on a one-way journey straight to hell?

I never said it was progress. But, by God's grace I was born in a country where people can make their own choices in their beliefs. It isn't my job, or right, or anyone else's to force them to believe what I believe. You think they are going to hell and they think the same about you. Jesus taught forgiveness, tolerance and understanding, not forcing conformity. He taught that just accepting him into your heart opened to door to Heaven. Not a single living human being fully understands the whole meaning behind His words and actions. I'll choose to let others live their lives as they choose, not force my beliefs down their throats. Consenting adults can choose their own path in life, I won't stop them. Not in the case of who they choose as a partner in life at least. As long as they aren't hurting anyone else, it's their choice. Not Kim Davis' choice, or the states choice or even the federal governments choice. Live and let live.

zapped

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 30, 2009
    I never said it was progress. But, by God's grace I was born in a country where people can make their own choices in their beliefs. It isn't my job, or right, or anyone else's to force them to believe what I believe. You think they are going to hell and they think the same about you. Jesus taught forgiveness, tolerance and understanding, not forcing conformity. He taught that just accepting him into your heart opened to door to Heaven. Not a single living human being fully understands the whole meaning behind His words and actions. I'll choose to let others live their lives as they choose, not force my beliefs down their throats. Consenting adults can choose their own path in life, I won't stop them. Not in the case of who they choose as a partner in life at least. As long as they aren't hurting anyone else, it's their choice. Not Kim Davis' choice, or the states choice or even the federal governments choice. Live and let live.

I agree with this 100 percent.

But that works both ways. Or at least it should.

Choice is great when it comes to them but not alright when it comes to us?

Tim Tebow gets booed for praying while the couple in KY is lauded as heroes?

I think the non religious issue that myself and many other Christians have with this are the double standards employed by the left.

They want to force those beliefs down the rest of our throats whether we like them or not.

If you have a right to get married then I should have a right to decide whether or not I decorate a cake for you....or If im violating the law by issuing your marriage license.

SomeTexan

Moved On
    Jun 1, 2015
    Genesis 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

The Bible says man and wife plan as day.

This is the book where I get my teaching it is part of my belief and the word of God.
    So you are saying that they have to be Christian? They aren't allowed other beliefs? Marriage has been corrupted by the government and has become a tax break more than anything to many. There is a reason I think the government should refer to it as a partnership and leave marriage to the Church. Let them have the same tax breaks given to opposite sex couples as a partnership, but leave marriage in the Church without any government interference. Kim Davis isn't any form of Clergy that can marry anyone in the eyes of the Lord, just a pencil pusher for the government. Not being ordained in any way, she had nothing to do with a religious marriage and shouldn't have had a problem with what she was supposed to do.

If a man and a woman go into a Church and get married in the eyes of The Lord, but never do any government paperwork, are they married or not? If that same couple did the opposite and got married by the government but not in a Church, are they married? It is two seperate entities that need to remain seperate.

SomeTexan

Moved On
    Jun 1, 2015
    I agree with this 100 percent.

But that works both ways. Or at least it should.

I think the non religious issue that myself and many other Christians have with this are the double standards employed by the left.

They want to force those beliefs down the rest of our throats whether we like them or not.

If you have a right to get married then I should have a right to decide whether or not I decorate a cake for you. I'm the one who is doing the work after all and that sets a dangerous precedence.
    I agree with you there. But, would you sell them a cake and let someone else handle putting names on it? If you make a cake that could be used for a wedding, but doesn't have to be, would it be a problem if it ended up being used for a same sex marriage? I wouldn't have a problem with that. Once you sell something, it's final use is out of your hands.

But read what I posted right after your post and let me know what you think of that.

zapped

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 30, 2009
    I agree with you there. But, would you sell them a cake and let someone else handle putting names on it? If you make a cake that could be used for a wedding, but doesn't have to be, would it be a problem if it ended up being used for a same sex marriage? I wouldn't have a problem with that. Once you sell something, it's final use is out of your hands.

But read what I posted right after your post and let me know what you think of that.

Believe it or not I agree with that as well.

Ive made some people angry by saying this but I dont believe in gay marriages.

Im all for gay unions however.

If gays had been content with a civil union instead of impinging on the sanctity of marriage then I think the road would have been a lot smoother for them....and for the rest of us.

Its called compromise.

They dont seem to be willing to do that and I think thats going to end up hurting them more than helping them in the long run.

zapped

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 30, 2009

I could do that with a clear conscience.

Course it goes without saying that they could have just went to another bakery to start with.

I mean c'mon how hard can it be to find a gay baker and support the gay community at the same time?

I know plenty of Christians who will not patronize non-Christian businesses.

Reactions: SomeTexan
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread