Status
Not open for further replies.

NanoVapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2009
Western Canada
www.grbc.co
What I found interesting is that two of the substances mentioned are now available from many different manufacturers. I take them every day: CoEnzyme Q10 and melatonin.

Everyday-people like you and me fought heroic battles of morals and human right principles so that we could take CoEnzyme Q10 and Melatonin.

The law now is that so long as a molecule is found naturally occuring somewhere in nature, its a dietary supplement unless otherwise stated (i.e. known poison, etc.).

This company is a damn incredible story. Its companies like this that change the world.

NanoVapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2009
Western Canada
www.grbc.co
I've been watching the ongoing court case. Often I have felt it is too bad nobody made the dietary supplement argument about e-cigs. After all, nicotine can be found in many naturally occurring sources, and it has therapeutic properties.

Unfortunately that argument wouldnt work. Whilst nicotine is naturally occuring, it has received specific reclassification mainly due to the fact its a very potent poison (you can easily kill yourself with pure nicotine). Its classification is basically a prescription drug but with unique circumstances (OTC exceptions).

The same is true with red rye wheat extracts that were found to contain naturally occuring statins (which is what those blockbuster cholesterol products from big pharma "Lipitor" and "Crestor" are derivatives of those molecules). Thusly the extracts have been banned. Im sure the FDA claims for safety reasons, but we all know its to remove peoples choice of a natural and just as competent alternative to a big pharma product thats based on that natural molecule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread