Status
Not open for further replies.

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
I must have 5 mini's such as a Spartan mini and a K1 mini, aspire mini, etc. All of them give me a burnt taste like starting on the 3rd vape. This is about 1.8-2.0 ohm atomizers at about 13 watts. All get primed correctly.

Are minis notorious for this ? Or am I doing something wrong? I've been vaping for 7 years

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    Way too much power IMO. Check the volts on your mod, 13 watts into 2 ohms requires about 5.1 volts, which is higher than any battery unit those tanks are designed for are capable of putting out. That's not necessarily decisive but it's definitely a clue. 7.5 watts (3.7 V at 1.8Ω) may be a good starting point. Some of them may be mysteriously inefficient and eat extra power, but that's a good level for mouth-to-lung. I use only 5.2 watts on my EVODs and PT2.

Over the course of a long drag, you should be able to taste it starting out a bit weak, progress through good flavor and perhaps get a bit hot and dry by the end. If this happens slow enough, it can be controlled by technique and sometimes letting off the button a half second.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread