Aspire Mini Nautilus vs. K1 Glassomizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinySpark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2014
Pacific Northwest
Hi All!

I am DONE with my well-loved kanger glass evods, I detest the new covered wick replacement coils and only have a couple packs of the old coils left. :(

I don't like the new kanger coils, so I guess the only option left is to switch to a different manufacturer... I tried rebuilding the kanger coils and it worked for the most part until I busted one of my old ego twist batteries when the resistance on the coil changed from 1.8 to near sub-ohm resistance. !!! My question is should I buy the Aspire Mini Nautilus or the Aspire K1 glassomizer. I am leaning towards the K1 if only because the mini nautilus replacement coils are TWICE as expensive :( as the K1's.

However, I really like the look of the hollowed out sleeve with the mini nautilus and am wondering if the coils are just that much better on the mini nautilus than the k1. I only use my ego batteries when I am driving, but I LOVE vaping while driving and using my mech mod and sub-ohming while driving is friggin hazardous can't see through the fog to my windshield much less through to the road. heh.

Anyhow, just looking for some opinions on a good glass clearomizer for an ego-type battery. thanks!

p.s. would love to SEE PICS if you have them of your mini nautilus with hollowed sleeve on an ego-type battery, just want to see if it looks utterly ridiculous. heh.:p

Fattlestar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Ohio, USA
The K1 requires far less investment. If you want to try a BVC, that's a good place to start. At under 10$, you really can't go wrong.

The Nautilus Mini vapes like a champ because of the adjustable airflow and the BVC together. Higher capacity than the K1 but nothing special at about 2ml. I don't have the hollowed tank, I can't imagine it would vape any different with or without it. Regular tank looks OK on a spinner - a bit big though. Higher investment at ~20$-25$.

The K1, if you aren't happy with the draw, you'll have to drill out the air holes.

I think you'd be best off trying the K1 and then if you enjoy it, stepping up to the Mini later. That said, the Mini is pretty great, and most people will say the same.

TinySpark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2014
Pacific Northwest
The K1 requires far less investment. If you want to try a BVC, that's a good place to start. At under 10$, you really can't go wrong.

I think you'd be best off trying the K1 and then if you enjoy it, stepping up to the Mini later. That said, the Mini is pretty great, and most people will say the same.

Have you ever had any kanger clearomizers? If so, how do the aspire coils on a K1 or mini nautilus compare to any of the kanger coils? Do they vape different, taste different, etc... Used to love my old kanger coils, as long as the aspire coils vape the same or better as the old kanger coils, I am good to go with an aspire... cheers!

thanks!

TinySpark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2014
Pacific Northwest

just looked up the difference between a BVC and BDC, my old favorite evod glass was a bottom dual coil. Do BVC's vape better than BDC's? how so, if so...

Fattlestar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Ohio, USA
While I can't give you any mechanical reasons why, I can tell you that to me BVC's vape better than BDC coils. Better taste, more vapor, less dry/burnt hits and all-around better wicking - they also seem to last me longer, in that a BDC will last me about 4 to 7 days and a BVC can last up to two weeks depending on the quality of a coil which does vary. I have had bad BVC's that have only lasted a day or two, and bad BDC's that have lasted barely three hours. But it is a significant difference.

Despite that, also know that I really like the vape I get from Kanger BCC and BDC both, they are satisfying vapes (I actually use a mix of Aspire and Kanger products - Kanger Protank 2's and Mini Protanks 2's with afc for the cheap single coils, Aspire for the expensive BVC's).

Your question about how long coils last is very difficult to answer properly. Everyone has different habits of vaping. The juice you use has such an impact, the amount of juice you go through, the VG content, the sweetness/darkness/viscosity of the juice, how hot you are running the coils, etc. Your results will not be the same.

Whichever you do decide on, just be sure that you are getting the real thing, check your scratch off code and look for packaging signs. There are fakes out there, both coils and devices.

Fattlestar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Ohio, USA
I have heard great things about the Davide Mini and though I haven't used one, I second the notion that it might be a good pick for you, TinySpark. It is versatile.

There are also the Beyond Vape Silo and Silo Lite, and the full size Davide, that can take BVC's. Worth googling and seeing if there is a style you prefer. Anyvape Peakomizer as well, but I haven't heard much about it and wouldn't want to recommend it without knowing more.

Last edited:

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
a couple ego twist style type batteries

In that case I would take the K1. With the Mini you could end up not having enough power, but that's a taste thing. And the Mini would look a bit heavy and chunky on an eGo (if your'e not using an 18mm VV, where it would fit nicely).
Maybe it's time to power up? :)

R

TinySpark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2014
Pacific Northwest
I'd recommend the Mini Davide from Anyvape. You can use aspire bvc or bdc coils in it -or- Kanger single coils. You can change up as you see fit.

AnyVape Davide BDC Mini Glassomizer - NEW Version!

ooh missed this post. good deal! :D I like how AnyVape will be coming out with different sized pyrex tanks if you want to add more capacity to their glassomizer... will put in an order now... cheers!

FCastle

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2014
United States
hmm, by the pics online I figured the Aspire ET-S had less capacity than the k1, will definitely buy one of the glass versions... thanks!
The ET-S holds more juice, but when I tried the BVC coils in mine it was gurgling, spitting juice, and leaking everywhere. The same coils worked fine in my K1 and Mini Davide. There seem to be ET-S floating around with two different air hole sizes, and the ones with the smaller holes are prone to flooding with the BVC coils. Aspire lists the ET-S capacity as 3 ml, but some vendors list it as 2 ml. The tank may be 3 ml capacity, but you can only fill it about 2/3 or 3/4 of the way full, and there will still be a decent amount of juice in the tank when you get down to the top of the coil and need to refill. So realistically there isn't a real big difference in usable capacity. The Mini Davide also holds 2 ml and at least in my experience the BVC coils work a lot better in it than in the ET-S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread