Mod that automatically changes Wattage based on Coil attached?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telmos

May 11, 2016
Hey all! Is there a mod out there that is able to change the preferred wattage based on tank or coil attached?

There have been multiple times already when I switched from a sub-ohm to a 1.8Ohm coil and take a drag at 40 Watts, which was not taste the least. I have a Lavabox with DNA200, and even though it is able to detect the coil, resistance, save different profiles and a lot of other fancy settings, it unfortunately is not able to change watts based on Ohms (as far as I know). Is there something in the escribe settings that I can change to make this work?

Thanks!

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I've read your question 3 times and I'm still confused what you're asking. I'll give it a try, but please forgive me if I have it wrong.

If you set your device to 40 watts, it will produce 40 watts, regardless of the resistance (ohms) of the coil.

When a device is set for xxx number of watts, a sensor in the in the chip will automatically detect the resistance (ohms) of the attached coil and adjust the voltage to to produce the watts it was set for.

The OP is wanting something that will sense the difference between a sub-ohm coil, and an above ohm-coil. Say they like the .5 coil at 40 watts, then the 1.4 coil at 15 watts.
To my knowledge, there isn't anything out there like this, but I'm not going to say for sure it doesn't exist. The big selling point "back in the day" with variable wattage or "power mode" was you could switch out your atomizer and it was going to be the same vape (theoretically) as what you just took off of the mod. Of course this is a misnomer, as all atties act differently, more airflow, less airflow, more juice, less juice, etc. Now days with people switching between sub-ohming, lot's of power, and above ohming, less power, it works even less effectively. But with the advancements out, I will not say it's out there, or right around the corner even.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread