Moffitt Cancer Center misled vapers about study that urges them to quit vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
Brad Rodu has exposed how Moffitt Cancer Center in Florida recruited and misled vapers about a study that deceptively urges them to quit vaping
Tobacco Truth: Use E-Cigarettes? Moffitt Cancer Center Wants You To Be “Forever Free”

I posted the following in January exposing how Moffitt's survey found 79% of vapers quit smoking, how Moffitt buried this important survey finding, Obama's DHHS giving Moffitt $3.7 million to conduct these studies, and Moffitt's recruitment of vapers (including via ECF).
DHHS funded Moffitt Cancer Center survey found 79% of vapers quit smoking, BUT

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Rodu:"Researchers are using three-quarters of a million taxpayer dollars to try to convince smoker-vapers to become fully abstinent rather than merely smoke-free."

About a year ago we saw many articles about just this - not just 'smoke-free' but elimination of cigarettes and nicotine - mainly coming from the more Progressive European scientific publications/organizations.

It's part of the reason why I've thought (contrary to the popular "it's all for BT") that the FDA may not accept PMTAs from the tobacco companies - those who have the best chance of having the money to even submit PMTAs. But just because they can afford them, is no reason to believe the FDA would accept them. Especially if complete elimination is part of their purpose.

For Progressives, including a current presidential candidate, here's some of the Progressive Movement's history toward complete elimination of tobacco and nicotine:

"The movement sought to eliminate tobacco,* and, in particular, cigarettes*"

The Progressive Era's Health Reform Movement

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
I don't get why cancer society's are against vaping....

Nicotine is not a carcinogen, under normal circumstances having a wood fireplace or being in a large city is more toxic than vaping...

Ban cities!!!

...if one presumes that cancer societies are against cancer.

Fixed that fer ya. Good luck. :)

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
I don't get why cancer society's are against vaping....

Nicotine is not a carcinogen, under normal circumstances having a wood fireplace or being in a large city is more toxic than vaping...

Ban cities!!!
Follow the money. You'll get it. Trust me.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Rodu:"Researchers are using three-quarters of a million taxpayer dollars to try to convince smoker-vapers to become fully abstinent rather than merely smoke-free."

About a year ago we saw many articles about just this - not just 'smoke-free' but elimination of cigarettes and nicotine - mainly coming from the more Progressive European scientific publications/organizations.

It's part of the reason why I've thought (contrary to the popular "it's all for BT") that the FDA may not accept PMTAs from the tobacco companies - those who have the best chance of having the money to even submit PMTAs. But just because they can afford them, is no reason to believe the FDA would accept them. Especially if complete elimination is part of their purpose.

For Progressives, including a current presidential candidate, here's some of the Progressive Movement's history toward complete elimination of tobacco and nicotine:

"The movement sought to eliminate tobacco,* and, in particular, cigarettes*"

The Progressive Era's Health Reform Movement
Abstinance sounds all warm and fuzzy if you never smoked or harsh and dreary if you did. I quit smoking once upon a time and relapsed after 10 years. I met a lady last week who told me she had a relapse after 8 years. That won't happen to me again. A few times since I stopped smoking I've taken a cig from someone and smoked it to prove to them I'm relapse proof. Cigs don't satisfy anything any more and don't taste good. Immunity from relapse is why vapers look smug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread