Most overrated E-Juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
I don't think it is possible for a juice to be truly "overrated". If a lot of people like it and rave about it, it is genuinely good for them. If you don't like it, it just doesn't suit your tastes. A lot of flavors are 50-50, meaning that about half of the people who try it love it while the other half hates it.

I also think there is a historical aspect to this, since flavors created several years ago may have been amazing back then because that was what everyone expected. Today we have juices bursting with realistic or unique amazing flavors so now they don't compare. Everyone expects this bordering-on-flavor-overload now.

I was going to post something negative about NLV tasting weak and a little strange to me, but then I thought of the two points above.

EDIT: Now, if we start discussing juice that is overpriced, I definitely think there is a lot of that out there. I don't know how profitable e-liquid vendors are, but there is quite the discrepancy in price points between equal quality juice. Some vendors seem to generate a lot of hype, have fancy websites and use intricate custom labeling and bottles then charge a mint for their "gourmet" offerings. Everyone speaks more highly of things they pay more for (its a psychological thing and justification), so the cycle continues.

Last edited:

Gato del Jugo

ProVarinati
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
US o' A
I also think there is a historical aspect to this, since flavors created several years ago may have been amazing back then...

I believe this is a huge part of it when it comes to certain juices, especially those that were created even just a couple years ago, never mind 3 or 4 or even 5.. Those recipes are now static -- frozen in time in a very fast-moving industry

And perhaps a good chunk of why those "hyped" juices are still going pretty strong is: one, some people from a couple years back just continue to stick with it, because they like it & it's what they know & have grown accustomed to it, and have never really ventured out & found new, better stuff; and two, even if the previous customers move on at some point, this is also a very fast-growing industry, as well -- meaning that there is plenty of increasing demand out there to more than make up for any lost customers as they drop off...

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
Every last one of the 16 Heather's Heavenly Vapes juices I bought. I reviewed them somewhere in here. Maybe half had almost the same generic sweet base flavor, and nothing more. And many of the others tasted like Cheetos (others call this "burnt popcorn"). Just awful. No way could I finish them.

I remember that was where you left Capps of for 2 weeks and didn't understand why they tasted so week
even though people told you it could be due to keeping the Capps off for so long

KurrptSenate

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
PA
Whoa! Shocked to hear this. Never tried myself but they are highly priced. Anyone else agree with 5 Pawns as a bust?

Five Pawns makes the best juice I've tasted, but I really only care for 2 out of the 5.

I'm sure another 1 or 2 of them would grow on me. I can totally concede that the taste isn't for everyone. For me, it's not overly sweet, very complex, and balanced to almost perfection.

if you take out shipping, $22 for 30ml isn't really all that bad.

Anything widely accepted that you haven't developed a taste for can be considered "overrated".

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
Everything from MBV that I've tried, To me it all has an extremely artificial chemical taste worse then Chinese juice, even with mouths of steeping I can't stand any of them, they all give me a head ache and sore throat plus the smell of any of them offends my GF. Hawk Sauce being the #1 over-rated juice IMO.

Agree with not liking their juices. A large order of their juices led me to DIY. Never been happier.

Pluid and Bobas not my cup of tea.

CloudZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
MBV is definitely one of those polarizing vendors. Lots of people love it, lots of people don't understand how anyone could like it. I happen to like their Moo Juice, Blue Moo and Butterscotch but absolutely hate their Cinnamon Roll, Salted Caramel and Sticky Bun, with a lot of "meh" in between (such as Hawk Sauce, but I'm not a fan of menthol). I still recommend others try it since it is so cheap.

Sorry, I guess I am a little off topic.

... I also happen to like Boba's, Gorilla Juice, and most from HHV...

:)

Last edited:

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
MBV is definitely one of those polarizing vendors. Lots of people love it, lots of people don't understand how anyone could like it. I happen to like their Moo Juice, Blue Moo and Butterscotch but absolutely hate their Cinnamon Roll, Salted Caramel and Sticky Bun, with a lot of "meh" in between (such as Hawk Sauce, but I'm not a fan of menthol). I still recommend others try it since it is so cheap.

Sorry, I guess I am a little off topic.

... I also happen to like Boba's, Gorilla Juice, and most from HHV...

:)

Yep, I hated MBV butterscotch, but their Cinnamon Roll is my ADV.

Taste is subjective, I guess. I also like anchovies.

donwuan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2013
GA
Every juice ive bought that was recommended from this forum section. Got a feeling some think McDonalds is a 5 star restaurant.

Bobas is #1, wasnt bad but why on earth do I have to set alarms and make life plans to order. I actually love Gorilla Juice. Ive vaped maybe 100ml but never reordered. Halo brand tasted like ecblends. NLV Bounty Hunter aka GLV Deadly sin taste like simple hazelnut juice(not a bad thing).

I like complex stuff.

Gato del Jugo

ProVarinati
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
US o' A
Every juice ive bought that was recommended from this forum section. Got a feeling some think McDonalds is a 5 star restaurant.

And yet, McDonald's has "become one of the world's leading food service retailer in 118 countries, with more than 34,000 restaurants serving nearly 69 million people every day."

Our Story :: McDonalds.com

Why is this, when putting it into the context of e-juice..? Price? Convenience?

And never mind subjectivity.. How about relativity??

There are juice brands & flavors out there that I thought were the bee's knees at the time.. Why? Because I didn't know better then, and hadn't yet been exposed to better & better juices..

There are vapers here at ECF at all different stages of the vaping game

I wouldn't necessarily blame them.. it's just the nature of the beast :)

DixieBelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2014
Tobaccoville, NC
Every last one of the 16 Heather's Heavenly Vapes juices I bought. I reviewed them somewhere in here. Maybe half had almost the same generic sweet base flavor, and nothing more. And many of the others tasted like Cheetos (others call this "burnt popcorn"). Just awful. No way could I finish them.

My first online order was to Heather's Heavenly Vapes based on reviews. I got the sample pack of 4 juices, the ones that seemed to have the best reviews. Almost ruined me from online ordering. 2 were just awful and 2 were just ok. Steeped, still didn't help much.

I guess it's true what they say about different strokes for different folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread