Status
Not open for further replies.

Vwls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
AZ
What is becoming clear from the posts is that most fairly new vapers can't stand the more complex flavors. It makes sense to me because it was the same for me the first year or so.

I'm going to chime in and agree with this. My own journey from start to over 6 months in, has brought such a huge change in preference over time. In the beginning I hated EVERYTHING. The only juice I could vape was menthol (yes, ex-menthol cigarette smoker), and even that was just OK - I didn't love it. Just stuck with it because I was determined not to smoke again.

Back then everything I tried was either too sweet, too floral, too fake, or too chemical-ly. If I found something I could stand, it was still just barely tolerable. My level of disappointment and frustration was palpable as I read through thread after thread of people raving about different flavors. They were all crap as far as I was concerned.

Then one day I tripped over a coffee, chocolate and almond blend with a hint of caramel and loved it. And slowly, things began to change. In recent weeks, I've found I like melon, peanut butter and banana, coffee and donuts - even odd coconut blends like AIV 15 Foot Falls and even weirder - Ginger by the Sea.

The point is - if you're new to this, your taste is going to change. Not sure if it's an important point, but maybe someone out there needed to read that.

Vape on. :toast: :vapor:

AnnieP65

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
PA, USA
I'm a new vaper and I enjoy complex juices such as NTs H1N1 The Virus, Radioactive, Creme brûlée and soon to be tasted Frenilla! I also enjoy Bryce's Vanilla Creme Custard & Vanilla Cupcake a great deal. I consider Mom & Pop's Pachela's Famous 5-Layer, and 'Yum' to be complex flavors as well. Maybe I'm misreading the previous post though, that stated that new vapers don't enjoy 'complex' vapes. I've been vaping going on 4 months now so I consider myself new to vaping.

Grant's Vanilla Custard is just plain and boring to me and it's steeped so far for 4-5 weeks. I'm gonna give it another try at 6 weeks. But to me, over-rated and I've had much better custard flavors that actually do have that eggy custard taste. So...that's my take on it from a new vaper's standpoint. I enjoy complexity.

Merf

Verified Member
Jan 19, 2014
New Jersey
Have to agree with everyone's sentiments on MBV. I've gotten 18 different flavors and liked two, whipped cream (w/ min 6 week steep and only as a mixer) and Cinnamon Roll. And even cinnamon roll may be on the chopping block, I reordered and unfortunately the second bottle isn't living up to the first. :nah:

Really wanted to like their stuff but I think it's just not meant to be.

The whipped cream tasted like popcorn....I really wanted to like it too :(

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
I began vaping in August and have tried so very many different juices. A lot of them purchased here in the classifieds, saved a lot of money that way. I also got into DIY in September and have to say the pricing and freedom to (try to) create what ever my heart desires has convinced me that DIY is the way to go. I'm vaping Green Apple Pie right now (Apple Pie with some Green Apple thrown in) and it's better than 90% of the juices I've purchased online. I can make whatever pg/vg percentage and nic percent I'm in the mood for. The only down side so far is storage for the supplies, my collection of flavors is big!

With all that said....Five Pawns so far has been the biggest of the overrated letdowns so far. Their prices are offending. I don't care what reason anyone may come up with to defend Five Pawns pricing, it won't fly with me, ever. And each of the juices in their sample pack all had the same background flavor causing them to all basically taste the same. I was so excited thinking I would be tasting vape magic from Five Pawns, all the hype had to have a basis in fact right? Wrong. I will say that if Five Pawns can fix that background flavor issue I think they could have some excellent tasting juice, I still wouldn't buy it though, on principle.

ph0kused

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Orange County, CA, USA
Boba's Bounty and Smooth Criminal. Hands down.

nah bobas is good... geniune 90% vg juice, this is for overrated juice, not juice you don't like.

BB's pricing is resonable, and they don't market their juice - their fans market for them... on the other hand, brands like Five Pawns are gaining notirity strictly based off their crazy price, awesome marketing skills, nice packaing etc... not based off their taste or quality.

Just my 2 cents anyways... I havent tried smooth criminal, but I think that's offensive to call BB overrated... just becuase it has a cult following doesnt mean it's over rated... this is all about hype created by the brand... or at least that's what I think we should be judging this from.

5 pawns takes the cake in hype, price, marketing, and over all let down.

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX
All Pink Spot except Happy Ending. Only sample I've gotten where I disliked almost all of them.

Ha! I thought Happy Ending was once of the worst juices ever. Marshmallow and ashtray. After spending about 5 minutes with it I gave it away to a coworker tank and all. He liked it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread