Mt Baker Vapor Flavor Reviews: What have you tried and what do you think of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyS

Jun 12, 2013
Largo, Florida
Tommy, were these right out of the mailbox, or did they have a chance to steep? I definitely got some chocolate and coconut along with the almond in a free bottle of Almond Delight that had been steeping for a few days. Maybe chocolate is one of those flavors that takes longer to assert itself?

Yes, they were right out of the mailbox. Maybe you are right. But you would think I would taste at least a little Chocolate. The Chocolate tobacco had none. The Almond Delight, ya I got a complex mixed up taste. Could have been Almond and Vanilla .. Just not sure. It was good.. just not my cup of tea. The Chocolate tobacco was just boring. I will let them both steep for 3 days and try again. Thanks for the advice .. Hope you are right.

CheriePie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
SF Bay Area, CA
cheriepie.com
Yes, they were right out of the mailbox. Maybe you are right. But you would think I would taste at least a little Chocolate. The Chocolate tobacco had none. The Almond Delight, ya I got a complex mixed up taste. Could have been Almond and Vanilla .. Just not sure. It was good.. just not my cup of tea. The Chocolate Tobacco was just boring. I will let them both steep for 3 days and try again. Thanks for the advice .. Hope you are right.

3 days isn't a very long steep time at all... especially for chocolate. I'd recommend at least 2 weeks. If you don't like to wait, and you have an ultrasonic cleaner, you can cut the steep time down significantly. (About 1 hour in the UC equals about 1 week of steep time).

The same will hold true with your Cherry Limeaid as well. Right now, the stronger flavors are completely dominating the juice. The Cherry will come through with a couple weeks of steeping. Though I also wonder if the 4 extra flavor shots you got might prohibit the cherry from coming through completely.

One thing to consider however, in general, the more VG in the juice, and the more flavor shots you add, the longer the steep time. So with the way you ordered most of yours, I can assure you that most if not all of them are going to taste very different, better even, in a week or two.

Enjoy! :vapor:

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Juices I have tried so far from MBV, list is rating of what I think being best, meaning 1st one is my favorite, last one is least favorite, all juices are 50/50 at 18mg

Butterscotch - This stuff is the bomb and found it to be great straight out of the box, nice smooth creamy flavor, can't say I notice much difference in steeping time to taste, but could just be because I vape it everyday. This one so far is the only one liked so much, ordered a 236ml bottle.

Strawberry shortcake - This is right behind butterscotch in my top flavors and found good straight away, got it as a free sample, liked so much, went and ordered a 50ml bottle the same day as getting the freebie, it's a nice mellow flavor, where can really taste the shortcake part with a nice hint of strawberry, found with steeping the strawberry does get stronger, another flavor I vape everyday.

Dutch Apple Pie - Another I found could vape straight away, I do vape this almost every day too, just not as much as the ones above, it is like a crisp apple taste with a bit of a tang to it, not had long, but not found much difference in the short steeping time it has had.

Black Licorice - Good straight out of the mail, I have had licorice from another vendor and really liked it, so decided to give MBV's licorice a try, I do like MBV's but has more of a aniseed taste to it, think if wanted more licorice I would get from the previous supplier.

Banana Split - Not enough banana taste for my liking, it's not bad and I do vape a lot, but I have started added this with black licorice and really liking the 2 mixed together, maybe next time will just get straight banana juice.

Banana Nut Bread - Good straight from the mail box, this is the closet flavor to what it is meant to be, really just tastes like banana nut bread, get the flavor of the banana, nut and bread all together, my only down point to it, it is a cart/clearo clogger, I got as a sample and due to the clogging it has put me off from a ordering it again.

Peach Rings - Another good one out of the mail, it is a candy peach flavor with a bit of a tart taste, not a ADV for me, but when fancy something different, then I normally grab for it.

Maple Pecan - Straight out of the box, you get a rich maple flavor, we fast steeped it in hot water, which then made it a to strong of a pecan flavor, now it has steeped in a cupboard, the pecan has mellowed, not a every day vape for me, but still find me grabbing it late evening for a vape.

Cinnamon Roll - Got as a free sample, only really getting cinnamon flavor, which is good, but am going to let steep and try again in a few weeks.

Mudslide - This juice has to steep to mature in flavor, my wife liked it straight away, where I could not stand it due to the perfume taste and smell, I couldn't taste no chocolate what so ever, it has been steeping for nearly 3 weeks and tried again, now I can taste the chocolate and I don't mind it, but not liking enough to load a cart for myself.

Blue Moo - This is another that has to steep due to the perfume smell and taste, so I could not stand it, but again my wife liked it, but she found it gave her headaches, probably down to the perfume I would guess, been steeping a few weeks and I plan on testing it again this weekend.

Caramel Coffee - Straight out of the bottle, only really tasting coffee, not bad by any means, but hoping with steeping it will bring out more caramel, if didn't know it was caramel coffee, wouldn't know it was meant to have caramel in it.

Buttery Toffee - I was really disappointed with this one, I really like toffee and seen others compare this to how good butterscotch is, but I got hardly any taste from this one, maybe a hint of butter, I was thinking it got messed up when was mixed, so called MBV, they of course said to steep it, it has only been a week, but smells no different, hopefully it will live up to my hopes with more steeping.

Raspberry Lemonade - Got these as 1st 2 freebies (before knew could request freebies) me or the wife are not lemonade fans, and when 1st tried it, really only get the lemonade, tried again 2 weeks later and got no better.

Red Hot Cinnamon - This my wives favorite, but it goes to the bottom of the list because I can't even inhale it, it is way to strong for me, she said it like the red candies whatever they are called, so she would rate it really high, but I am doing this review not her :)

Last edited:

TommyS

Jun 12, 2013
    Largo, Florida
    3 days isn't a very long steep time at all... especially for chocolate. I'd recommend at least 2 weeks. If you don't like to wait, and you have an ultrasonic cleaner, you can cut the steep time down significantly. (About 1 hour in the UC equals about 1 week of steep time).

The same will hold true with your Cherry Limeaid as well. Right now, the stronger flavors are completely dominating the juice. The Cherry will come through with a couple weeks of steeping. Though I also wonder if the 4 extra flavor shots you got might prohibit the cherry from coming through completely.

One thing to consider however, in general, the more VG in the juice, and the more flavor shots you add, the longer the steep time. So with the way you ordered most of yours, I can assure you that most if not all of them are going to taste very different, better even, in a week or two.

Enjoy! :vapor:

Thanks for the advice CheriePie! Very good advice! I wouldn't have guessed a longer steep time would be required due to the extra flavor shots. Thanks for the info on the ultrasonic cleaner too. My wife actually has one for her rings and stuff. Its a cold water ultrasonic cleaner. No heat, does that matter? Thanks again!

Stoneface

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 12, 2013
    New York
    Thanks for the advice CheriePie! Very good advice! I wouldn't have guessed a longer steep time would be required due to the extra flavor shots. Thanks for the info on the ultrasonic cleaner too. My wife actually has one for her rings and stuff. Its a cold water ultrasonic cleaner. No heat, does that matter? Thanks again!
    You can just put hot tap water in your UC. It will not hurt anything, and it should stay warm throughout your multiple steep cycles (it does in mine). You can remove the caps and dripper tops too...just make sure the bottles will not tip over (wrap a rubber band around your bottles and then put them in a small plastic bag that just fits snugly to the bottles).

T1lVl

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Another thing I noticed with flavor is voltage. I like freckled lemonade at about 11 Wyatt's but enjoy cherry limeade at 8.

I just change my settings depending on the flavor with a aga t at 2 ohms.

Run my not so citrus flavors on a mech with rsst at a .6 ohm coil

I stick to fruity, sweet, and candy flavors. I havent liked desserts or tobacco very much.

I also like clean vape too.

Fruit stripe gum I love the flavor but hate that it gunks in my gene. Maybe a good dripping flavor.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

TommyS

Jun 12, 2013
    Largo, Florida
    All I own at this point is a eGo C Twist which I usually adjust to taste. Hovering around 3.6 V to sometimes as high as 4.2. As for Atomizers, I am using a Kanger Protank and the only resistances I could find are 1.8 and 2.5ohm. I think I like the 2.5 better with Tobacco flavored e juices like my Grumpy's Hooch, and Lizard Juice brand Cowboy Tobacco set at around 4 Volts. However I have found I like the fruity flavors like Cherry Limeaid, Banana's Foster, and Rockstar on the lower resistance Atomizers, 1.8 ohm set at around 3.4 volts. I have two Kanger Protanks so switching is easy. I just keep the tobaccos in one and the fruits in another. Sometime in the future I hope to buy maybe a Vamo, Innokin or maybe a Zmax. I figured it would be best to sit back and read more reviews before I start venturing off in to the unknown buying stuff I may regret in the future. The next thing I want to buy is the eGo Passthru that Pbusardo reviewed a while back .. this one > Black EGO VV Battery 650mah 3v to 6v [730_BLK_EgoVV_650] : L Js E-Smokes, Electronic Cigarettes .. I am kind of trying to keep myself in a decent price range until I learn more. Ok... I am rambling now. Thanks everyone for the great advice! Really nice people on this forum! I really appreciate all your experiences and advice

CWayne121

Jun 7, 2013
    San Antonio, TX
    Subscribed to this thread.

Placed a large order a few days ago and anxiously waiting for the vapemail. I have very high hopes for butterscotch as that is my favorite candy flavor, as well as Maple Pecan and Root Beer. Really enjoying reading your experiences.

I usually UC steep all my juices for 3 hours, one hour rest between 60 minute sessions. Is this process advisable for all Mt. Baker juices or do I need to go one by one to evaluate? I prefer to get it all done in one session so I can get it off my plate, but it seems many MBV juices get overpowering with too much steeping from the limited reviews I have read. What is the thread's take this?

@Tommy - Can't go wrong with a fasttech Vamo or SVD with some good Panasonic cgr18650ch batteries. A VV mod will be invaluable throughout your vaping career no matter how you upgrade over time. Use mine as a backup now that I drip mostly on a mechanical, but their main role is to check ohms when I build coils and to experiment with different volts or watts with juices I'm not fond of in the dripper. Go for it.

So I'm new to vaping and only little over 2 weeks in...I have ordered 21 15ml bottles from MBV so far...I have tried 15 of those.

Here is what I think so far:

These were made 5/30/13 and are 80/20 with 18mg/ml

Blue Moo- really like this, smooth, creamy, with a nice blueberry hint. Could be sweeter for me.

Moo Juice (+1)- almost as good as Blue Moo, a little harsh for me, nice hint of strawberry.

Hawk Sauce (+1)- love this, to me it tastes a lot like sweet tarts with pixie stix. There really isn't much menthol at all to me, but I was a menthol smoker.

Double Apple- good, bought this for hubby, sometimes it is a nice green apple taste and others it is a baked apple taste.

Caramel Candy- love the smell, not much taste to me. I really want to like it so I will try it again in a week or so.

Ocean Breeze (65/35 +1)- this one is really tasty, I normally don't like banana, but it is really good with the other fruit flavors.

Made on 6/4/13 (80/20, 18mg/ml, +1 shot):

Red, White, & Blue: I could really taste the berry on the inhale and starfruit on the exhale, very nice and summery.

Freckled Lemonade: smells and tastes just like it should, a nice tart lemon and strawberry.

Sticky Bun: at first I was really disappointed, now I'm loving this one. I did add a couple drops of sweetener in the tank and that made it really amazing! Will be ordering a bigger bottle!

Butterscotch: this reminds me of my grandma, she always had a few butterscotch candies with her and this tastes exactly like the hard candies.

Made 6/13/13 (50/50, 18mg/ml, +2 shots):

Thug Juice: OMG! This is the best flavor I have tried so far, love the fruity, cool sweet, everything about it...will be getting a big bottle of this soon!

Caramel Coffee: so far all I get is really, really strong coffee so I'm going to let it sit for another week.

Strawberry Shortcake: at this point it reminds me of strawberry soap so I will come back to it in a week.

Whipped Cream: really creamy, not getting much of the flavor so I will come back to this one also.

All the other flavors I got are for my hubby so I'm sure I will be trying them in the next week or so when he is home (long haul trucker)...now to figure out what I'm getting on my next order to try...

CWayne121

Jun 7, 2013
    San Antonio, TX
    Working through my first order with MBV.

Speed-seeped with UC for three hours, one hour break between sessions and caps off over night.

Butterscotch: +2 flavor, 50/50 pg/vg, I really see the potential here but I am getting a chemical initial taste that seems prevalent with the MBV fresh juices I ordered. I have noticed as the juice sits in my IGO-L the chemical taste and smell goes away after a couple of hours. I am inclined to think this is the alcohol still in the juice, so one night with the cap off might not be enough. I really want to like this juice and it is definitely vapable right now, but this one is "to be continued".

Maple Pecan: +1 flavor, 50/50, Holy cow - HOLY COW!!!! ERMAHGERD this is good. Pecan is mild to moderate with a sweet vanilla and caramel base. This is good enough to be an ADV but really shines with a coffee in the morning or after dinner. Taste profile is probably as close to pecan pie as you can get. Has a hearty sweetness but no chemical taste. Throat hit at 18mg is moderate, vapor is heavy out of my IGO-L, and aftertaste is spot on sweet pecan pie. A very slight zing on your tongue, similar to the zing you get when eating real pecans, might fatigue the tongue after a few hours though. Anyone else as in love with this one as I am?

What are your thoughts on the chemical taste to the butterscotch? I just sampled Thug Juice and Solar Flare and get that same chemical taste. Is it something that goes away with seeping or is it better fixed with top off, shaking occasionally?

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    What are your thoughts on the chemical taste to the butterscotch? I just sampled Thug Juice and Solar Flare and get that same chemical taste. Is it something that goes away with seeping or is it better fixed with top off, shaking occasionally?

D.) All of the above for Butterscotch. Don't give up on it. It gets better all the time.

I have a 35 watt UC that I jiggle juice with for hours. Caps off overnight. Shake when I feel like it.
    Very informal but when the color deepens it's all worth while.
    Yum

Aurora-Oblivion

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 18, 2012
    Isle of the Wizards
    Thanks for your review CWayne, I've been planning to try that Maple Pecan, and Butter Pecan too. Hopefully I'll get around to it next order from them!

Butterscotch needs steeping! Not sure if UC can handle that one, or if it needs real time steeping, but I know after 2-3 weeks the flavor changes a lot, and after that it only gets better (Unless it disappears and you need to order a new bottle :))

CheriePie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 24, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    cheriepie.com

You can just put hot tap water in your UC. It will not hurt anything, and it should stay warm throughout your multiple steep cycles (it does in mine). You can remove the caps and dripper tops too...just make sure the bottles will not tip over (wrap a rubber band around your bottles and then put them in a small plastic bag that just fits snugly to the bottles).

Yup, what Stoneface said is exactly how I do it as well. The only time I really use the heater in mine is when I'm reusing water that I used the previous day, to heat it back up again, otherwise just hot tap water and you're good to go. I also do the ziplock baggie and/or rubber band thing to keep all my labels intact. :)

In the larger unit I have now, the plastic bottles tend to float to the top instead of staying put on the bottom, especially if there's not some larger size or glass bottles in there with it, but that's okay too, in this case, a well-sealed ziplock will keep the water out even if the bottles aren't sitting up straight.

Have fun with it, and let us know how it goes.

CheriePie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 24, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    cheriepie.com
    Working through my first order with MBV.

Speed-seeped with UC for three hours, one hour break between sessions and caps off over night.

Butterscotch: +2 flavor, 50/50 pg/vg, I really see the potential here but I am getting a chemical initial taste that seems prevalent with the MBV fresh juices I ordered. I have noticed as the juice sits in my IGO-L the chemical taste and smell goes away after a couple of hours. I am inclined to think this is the alcohol still in the juice, so one night with the cap off might not be enough. I really want to like this juice and it is definitely vapable right now, but this one is "to be continued".

Maple Pecan: +1 flavor, 50/50, Holy cow - HOLY COW!!!! ERMAHGERD this is good. Pecan is mild to moderate with a sweet vanilla and caramel base. This is good enough to be an ADV but really shines with a coffee in the morning or after dinner. Taste profile is probably as close to pecan pie as you can get. Has a hearty sweetness but no chemical taste. Throat hit at 18mg is moderate, vapor is heavy out of my IGO-L, and aftertaste is spot on sweet pecan pie. A very slight zing on your tongue, similar to the zing you get when eating real pecans, might fatigue the tongue after a few hours though. Anyone else as in love with this one as I am?

Butterscotch at 65/35 with only 1 flavor shot is pretty much vapeable right away. But with the 2 shots and 50% VG it's going to take a little longer for the flavors to meld, though I'm surprised 3 hours in the UC didn't take care of that for you. The Butterscotch is so strong already that I find the one shot to be plenty but I know many people do like it with 2 as well. My best guess though is that it needs a bit more cap-off steeping (in a dark place) and it'll get there eventually.

Never tried the Maple Pecan so I can't comment as to that but glad to hear you're enjoying it so much. I do have it down on my list to eventually try once I whittle my way through a few more of my juices. :)

Heden Aklowd

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 3, 2013
    Ferntucky, NV
    Got my latest order last night. All 65/35 24mg (switched from 80/20 of past orders).
    Teaberry +4 Tastes good but flavor a little weak. Hopefully it will get stronger once it's aged.
    Ocean breeze +4 Mostly coconut now as expected based on reviews.
    Robb +4 (didn't have Hawk Sauce so I thought I'd give this a try) Tasty, but I prefer the Hawk Sauce on day 1. I'll see what this turns into in time.
    Root Beer +4 Still have some of my first batch left so I won't try this for a while.
    Havana (free sample) Waiting at least 2 weeks to try.

Last edited:

berniemarley

May 2, 2013
    Wisconsin
    My Mt Baker experience...
    Udderly Nuts-(Peanut Butter Milkshake) This is my favorite from MBV. It has become my go to juice.
    Honey Dew-My wife's favorite.
    America-I got this as a free sample. I'm not much for fruit flavors,but I like this. Lemonade with a few fruits that I can't quite figure out.
    Maple Pecan-On a scale of 1-10 I give this one a 7.
    ineapple/PePach-Again, I've never been big on fruity flavors, but MBV is changing my mind on them. This is tasy too.
    Bananas Foster-Let this one sit a couple weeks and it gets pretty good.
    French Vanilla-ehh.Can take it or leave it.

CheriePie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 24, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    cheriepie.com
    Got my latest order last night. All 65/35 24mg (switched from 80/20 of past orders).
    Teaberry +4 Tastes good but flavor a little weak. Hopefully it will get stronger once it's aged.
    Ocean breeze +4 Mostly coconut now as expected based on reviews.
    Robb +4 (didn't have Hawk Sauce so I thought I'd give this a try) Tasty, but I prefer the Hawk Sauce on day 1. I'll see what this turns into in time.
    Root Beer +4 Still have some of my first batch left so I won't try this for a while.
    Havana (free sample) Waiting at least 2 weeks to try.

I can't speak specifically to MBV's Teaberry, but it seems Tea flavors in general take a little longer to steep. Not quite as long as a NET but definitely longer than fruit and most bakery flavors. I have a couple tea flavors from other vendors and I've actually done as long as a 3-4 week steep on some of them to get them to the taste I'm looking for.

Heden Aklowd

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 3, 2013
    Ferntucky, NV
    I can't speak specifically to MBV's Teaberry, but it seems Tea flavors in general take a little longer to steep. Not quite as long as a NET but definitely longer than fruit and most bakery flavors. I have a couple tea flavors from other vendors and I've actually done as long as a 3-4 week steep on some of them to get them to the taste I'm looking for.
    Teaberry isn't a tea. It's the berries of the wintergreen plant. It's called teaberry because the leaves were used as a substitute for tea. A hard to describe flavor to someone that hasn't had the gum or ice cream.
    It has already gotten stronger & they did a good job getting the flavor right.
    I vaped some with a bowl of teaberry ice cream last night. Yum Yum.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread