Mvp 2 battery capacity question

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
I'm at 381 for the day and down to 3.9v already. Also no card in my case. Might not be authentic. I'll see what the vendor had to offer. They are a well regarded supporter of this site so I don't want to start any trouble just yet.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

3.9 is nothing to worry about.

I just turned yellow and have 1500+ puffs since Friday afternoon. Shows 3.7

Whatnametouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Montreal
I can assure you something is wrong. I chain vase. Always puffing vapor clouds. And although I normally charge every day before work, I have gone two days, I haven't even seen my yellow light come on. Is it authentic? What vendor did you purchase from? New or used?

Yeah I charge mine daily as well...don't let it get to red. It was new sealed & authentic (checked with Innokin)

Peter H.

Dec 23, 2013
España
I also do not get a full day from any of my two MVPs, and I think it has to do above all with the tempreature. Both of my MVPs have that scratch off type sticker with the security code. My appartment is located at 28.25º northern latitude at ground level on volcanic rock, and I do not have indoor heating. At present, I tend to wear two sweaters (don´t know my indoor temperature). The puff count of my MVPs swings wildly in between 460 and 750 puffs per charge, and it seems to be correlated with ambient temperature changes.

I am still of good hope and looking forward to summer.

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa
is it better to let it go red then charge
will charging it before red hurt the battery life

I've read a lot of owner's posts about the MVP and they all say you can recharge or top off the battery as often as you want. It will not hurt it. In fact, most say it is better not to let the battery completely drain before you recharge.

1wildman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2014
columbus, oh
Lithium batteries indicate that they can be charged X number of time in the specs. That is an estimate of full charges four 1/4 charge would equal one full charge. Most of the wives tales about battery memory effect and charging are from the days of the nickel cadmium (NiCad) batteries. Charge it whenever you want to. The MVP is supposed to get 300 charges and if it lasts 2 days on a charge that is about 2 years. Batteries don't just die completely they will get to the point where they drain faster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1wildman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2014
columbus, oh
I was told to lower my wattage to 7.5

You can vape wherever you like. The higher the wattage the faster you will drain your battery. Flavor will depend on juices and atomizer combination and there is no universal wattage setting. You need to set it where it works best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rsdntbplr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Northamptonshire, England, UK
I was told to lower my wattage to 7.5

This is not a solution - it's merely a quick fix. Having to limit yourself to 7.5W is not a good thing as with some juices and toppers this will NOT be sufficient to give the perfect Vape.

Your device is not functioning as it should. I Vape at around 9W for my Apple 50/50 juice which is it's sweet spot for me, and my MVP 2.0 keeps this going for two days. YMMV but it sounds as though you have a faulty device and therefore you should push to get a refund or a replacement.

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
The number of puffs one person gets on an MVP before needing to charge does not mean that if you only get half that number then you have a bad unit.

Even at the same voltage and resistance, if you tend to take longer draws, your battery will drain faster. I get "only" around 300 puffs before the indicator turns yellow, but at least half of my puffs are long enough to hit the 10-second cutoff.

Now, if you tend to take very short, 2-3 second draws and you are only getting 300 puffs before the indicator turns red, you might have a faulty MVP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread