Status
Not open for further replies.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
This is a thread I've been hesitant to do, haha. Mainly because Rob might hate seeing one of his babies in this condition. This is why I would never sell my Reo, this is why my Reo is a daily mod. Even with the other mods I have used, none other compared to a Reo. No matter where I go, what I do, this Reo comes with me. Through all of the unintentional drops on to wood or tile floors. The drops in parking lots, garage and 25ft drops from the top of a house when I was doing contractor work. Also carrying it in my pocket with keys and whatever else is in my pocket at that time.

Even my drip tip takes a beating depending on how it falls. Despite all of the scratches, dings and marks. This mod works as flawlessly as it did on day one back in January. Haven't had one single problem. This also explains why I never get a beautiful woodville. Seeing this mod scares me about owning a woodville. Thank you Russ for getting me to try a Reo originally and thank you Rob for making it a reality when I emailed you back then. Well, here are the pictures. Hope y'all don't hate me too much haha.

Let's start with a happy one with a beautiful site where you can't see the dings before we get to the scratched up Reo :)

The door:

The top from the Odin top cap:

The sides:

Bottom:

Drip tip from Loki Lab:

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Chicks dig scars.

Seriously, there is a whole design aesthetic related to the evolution of an object as it lives it's life in nature - wabi sabi. The Japanese treasure it and celebrate that nothing is permanent, everything is in transition, and that man's expectation that anything we make stay in its original condition is conceited.

I think reos like this have lived. They have character and a bond with you for living it with them, and reos have sooo much life to give. Clearly.

Can't wait to see pics of her in another year.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Chicks dig scars.

Seriously, there is a whole design aesthetic related to the evolution of an object as it lives it's life in nature - wabi sabi. The Japanese treasure it and celebrate that nothing is permanent, everything is in transition, and that man's expectation that anything we make stay in its original condition is conceited.

I think reos like this have lived. They have character and a bond with you for living it with them, and reos have sooo much life to give. Clearly.

Can't wait to see pics of her in another year.

Exactly, even my guitar is pretty rough looking. I always think of it as "love marks". If it doesn't have them then it hasn't been pushed to it's potential. I think in a year it would be a half TRA in a sense haha.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Thats why I have a tumbled raw aluminum as my beater.. first purchase should be a future beater! That one can take abuse and I can just sand smooth the big digs and scuffs if it hits cement. :)

Now I can't say my nice ones stay indoors only (woodvils goes out with me) it's just the beater reo is for work around the house.

When the time comes you can just sand that puppy smooth and do a brush finish if ya want.. the black inner sl cuts would look tuff with the silver body!

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Thats why I have a tumbled raw aluminum as my beater.. first purchase should be a future beater! That one can take abuse and I can just sand smooth the big digs and scuffs if it hits cement. :)

Now I can't say my nice ones stay indoors only (woodvils goes out with me) it's just the beater reo is for work around the house.

When the time comes you can just sand that puppy smooth and do a brush finish if ya want.. the black inner sl cuts would look tuff with the silver body!

True, I had a Reo that was sanded down, I gave it away to someone in this sub forum. I like the black better personally, felt better in the hand. I'm sure after a few more months I would just sand it down though.

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
That's pretty rough Danny. My black wrinkle is getting there but never dropped 25ft yet! The wrinkle texture is gone from the back of mine and is shiney. I've had to use 800 grit sandpaper on my drip tip occasionally to smooth it out. My drops have been on carpet or wood floors and many times on the floor of my truck under my feet. These are the most durable mods ever.

Reactions: Debadoo

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
That's pretty rough Danny. My black wrinkle is getting there but never dropped 25ft yet! The wrinkle texture is gone from the back of mine and is shiney. I've had to use 800 grit sandpaper on my drip tip occasionally to smooth it out. My drops have been on carpet or wood floors and many times on the floor of my truck under my feet. These are the most durable mods ever.

Haha the 25ft drop was because I hate ladders and got stuck having to go there. Thought vaping would calm my nerves but my hands were shaking so bad I couldn't hold on to it :p

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
A dinged up Reo is a well loved Reo! Love what you said Papa! hmmm...maybe I'm part Japanese lol Haven't dropped Miss Scarlett 25 feet yet, but she's been dropped on concrete floors, the pavement when trying to get in a truck. But then I pick her up, kiss her boo boos, and love on her. Southern ladies are have tons of character and charm yanno, so the bumps and dings just add to her character and charm.

Speaking of using mods....Have you used your gorgeous engraved porky mod Mr Rob???

Reactions: K31Scout

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
A dinged up Reo is a well loved Reo! Love what you said Papa! hmmm...maybe I'm part Japanese lol Haven't dropped Miss Scarlett 25 feet yet, but she's been dropped on concrete floors, the pavement when trying to get in a truck. But then I pick her up, kiss her boo boos, and love on her. Southern ladies are have tons of character and charm yanno, so the bumps and dings just add to her character and charm.

Speaking of using mods....Have you used your gorgeous engraved porky mod Mr Rob???

I bet he's never put a battery in it!

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Drink coffee? I dont.
And I don't have shaky hands.

Coffee is disgusting. I was shaking because of fear haha.

Exactly :)

Reactions: Debadoo

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Coffee is disgusting. I was shaking because of fear haha.

Exactly :)

Yeah I'm now 43 and I still can't get into coffee! I try like every 10 years or so and it's still just hot water to me.

Though I did buy an expensive maker last year and gave it my best shot.. every couple of days I'd have a tall cup. It's sorta ok in the cold winter but as soon as spring hit I was done with it but I'm getting that itch again.

I drink a .... ton of diet Mt Dew aND reg Pepsi and just trying to find something else is ruff.. figure 2 cups of coffee a day is 2 less glasses of pop.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Yeah I'm now 43 and I still can't get into coffee! I try like every 10 years or so and it's still just hot water to me.

Though I did buy an expensive maker last year and gave it my best shot.. every couple of days I'd have a tall cup. It's sorta ok in the cold winter but as soon as spring hit I was done with it but I'm getting that itch again.

I drink a .... ton of diet Mt Dew aND reg Pepsi and just trying to find something else is ruff.. figure 2 cups of coffee a day is 2 less glasses of pop.

That is 100% accurate. I love the smell of coffee, but no matter what I try or how I try it, it's just really bitter. I'll take a red bull over coffee any day. I want to try what Russ makes one day. Apparently it's good, but it seems like a lost cause with me and coffee. I used to drink a lot of Mt. Dew as well. Upwards of 6-7 cans a day. I recently cut it all out and dropped 20lbs in 2 weeks. Can't get away from sweet tea though haha, that's one southern thing I have to have.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Brother Danny, if there is one thing I miss about my days growing up in the south, it is sweet tea. Especially my mom's sweet tea she used to make. Oh man. She made it every day. So delicious. Good job cutting the Dew bro. I cut soft drinks a few years ago, barring the rare treat of a root beer (or "Dr. Enuf" if I'm down visiting family) it is a weight dropper for sure and made me feel better. Now I need to go make me some sweet tea...you got me jonesin :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread