nautilus mini tank stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
Hi all,i am so fed up with having to use various tools to try and undo my nautilus mini tank ,to top it up with juice...before i throw it in the bin ,any advice ?
P.s i have lots of different tanks,and this is the only one that has this problem..
If it's bottom filled, don't hesitate, through it out.

Reactions: cloudbusting

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
This is a problem with the Nautilus Mini, but @Cosmic_Glaze has it exactly right: it does not need to be tightened down. If you look at how it actually comes together, it's the coil head that is screwing into the chimney section (not the glass part screwing down onto the base) that holds it together.

Once the coil head is gently screwed in, it doesn't need any more tightening, and will be very difficult to unscrew if overtightened. That big ol' clear "o ring" part at the bottom keeps it from leaking, but you do not need to screw the glass down tight to ensure that. Once I realized this I haven't had any problems with mine!

For now, try holding both the glass and the base with rubber kitchen gloves and persistently turn the base clockwise, and the glass anti-clockwise. Good Luck!

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Hi all,i am so fed up with having to use various tools to try and undo my nautilus mini tank ,to top it up with juice...before i throw it in the bin ,any advice ?
P.s i have lots of different tanks,and this is the only one that has this problem..
Run hot water over the base all around, then take a rag or paper towels to grip and twist.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
I have to use pliers very time I unscrew my NM and then have to unscrew the coil that gets stuck in the chimney. I don't know why I even deal with it all because I have plenty other tanks, but I like my Nauties. One of these days I'll just be done with them and use my Triton mini's instead.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I have to use pliers very time I unscrew my NM and then have to unscrew the coil that gets stuck in the chimney. I don't know why I even deal with it all because I have plenty other tanks, but I like my Nauties. One of these days I'll just be done with them and use my Triton mini's instead.
    How are the 1.8 Triton coils compared to the Nautilus?

I've been using a wide tight fitting vape band type thing that they sell for kids - teens and such.

http://sc02.alicdn.com/kf/HTB11rYxL...ilicone-rubber-rings-for-kids.jpg_220x220.jpg

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 11, 2015
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread