Need advice for re-supplying (and advice for LR306's atties).

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilferret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Flushing NY
My last order for juice was from Rawr and I loved it.

Planning to re-order. I'm (still) a menthol smoker and would love more suggestions for other vendors.

I'm planning to go from DC coils to LR 306's (dripping). The DC cartos don't wick fast enough for me.

For 306's do I need VV?

Do bottom fed systems work well with 306's?

If I get a drip shield for the 306 which adapters do I need?

Is a drip shield worth it?

Planning to get myself another PV (as an incentive to quit again) so suggestions would be great. Please no suggestions I can't purchase now.

Would 5v be too much for LR306's?

Been eying the GLV and the army tank.

Currently own an original Wooden REO (808 connector), original Buzz (510 connector) and a Jazz (XL DC cartos).

Suggestions on where to buy would be great too. I found too much variance atties from different stores and would like to get from a known "good" stock.

Thanks all. Maybe one day I'll find my prefect setup.

Edit: Also contemplating going back to 901's. I stopped using 901's due to lack of TH. Would a VV with a LR 901 compensate? I haven't been able to do this setup.

Anybody have experience with the HH.357, the 306/510 hybrid and the smartvapes dripping automizer?

Last edited:

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
1. Nope, 306's will work on almost everything except mini batts and sometimes ego if your using 1.5 ohms.
2. I actually believe that 306's work best with bottom fed devices such as the REO.
3. 306's don't require a drip shield IMO
4. Unless your using a 2.5 ohm 306 (haven't seen any of those yet) than yes, 5V would be overkill and would pop the coil.

As for where to get 306's. I would highly recommend you check out avidvapors.com/Cisco spec atties. They are the best that I've used.

Great collection by the way.

evilferret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Flushing NY
Money isn't too much of a concern (since a pack of cigs is over $10 in NYC).

I've tried most combos but haven't found anything that made me quit for longer than 3-4 months.

Thanks all for the suggestions.

The HH357 and the hybrid atties seem to have closed posts, wouldn't it be silly to use a bottom fed for these?

Last edited:

XDoctor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2009
Casper, WY
Answers in Red.

Planning to re-order. I'm (still) a menthol smoker and would love more suggestions for other vendors.

I'm planning to go from DC coils to LR 306's (dripping). The DC cartos don't wick fast enough for me.

For 306's do I need VV?
No, Variable Voltage in not nessecery. Its nice, as you can dial it in to any atomizer, but certainly not required to use a 306.

Yes. I use 306 atomizers exclusively on my Reo Grand.

Drip shields are designed for a 510. To use the shield with a 306 you'll need to get an extra long drip tip.

Depends. The drip shield is awesome if you're using a mod that doesn't have a well. For instance, on the Silver Bullet, the Megalodon, any box mod or the Helix, they're awesome. They don't do much on a bottom feed mod.

Planning to get myself another PV (as an incentive to quit again) so suggestions would be great. Please no suggestions I can't purchase now.
There will be more Reo Grands on the reosmods.com site in the next few days, there's a sales information thread in the reo forum on this site. They sell out super fast so you've got to pay attention. Aside from that, anything I mentioned in the last answer is really good stuff too.

Depends on the ohms. At 1.5 ohms, you don't want to go much beyond 3.7v. 5v will melt some .... down and ruin your atomizer in short order. At 2.5 ohms, 5v is wonderful.

Currently own an original Wooden REO (808 connector), original Buzz (510 connector) and a Jazz (XL DC cartos).

Suggestions on where to buy would be great too. I found too much variance atties from different stores and would like to get from a known "good" stock.
The Cisco spec 306 from avidvaper.com is a great atomizer. I always have a few of those on hand. If you have time to wait for it, you can get them cheaper at healthcabin.

Edit: Also contemplating going back to 901's. I stopped using 901's due to lack of TH. Would a VV with a LR 901 compensate? I haven't been able to do this setup.
901s have had a great resurgence lately. There are some excellent low resistance 901s available right now that will provide the same throat hit as any 510, it'll depend mostly on your juice.

Anybody have experience with the HH.357, the 306/510 hybrid and the smartvapes dripping automizer?
I've heard good things about the 357, I just can't bring myself to spend that on an atomizer.

Since you're on the East Coast already, you should come to Vapercon next month. There will be a ton of vendors there and a crapload of knowledgeable people around to answer questions. Some hands on time with different mods might help you make the right decision on your perfect setup without spending a ton of cash on things you'll use once and toss in a drawer. vapercon.com

Last edited:

kcos

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2011
Rochester, NY
mawnco.com
Money isn't too much of a concern (since a pack of cigs is over $10 in NYC).

I've tried most combos but haven't found anything that made me quit for longer than 3-4 months.

Thanks all for the suggestions.

The HH357 and the hybrid atties seem to have closed posts, wouldn't it be silly to use a bottom fed for these?

The MA306 is designed for bottom feeders.

evilferret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Flushing NY
Hahaha if I could hold out till next month.

I'm on my last few bottles of juice and once they all gone I'll be in trouble.

Eh I've been on ECF for awhile (as member and as a lurker) and every few months there seems to be a resurgence of one type of atty.

Has LR 901's improved since last year? I have used LR 901's with I forgot which 3.7v mod and still not enough TH.

I thought the REO Grand was the same as the Wooden REO (aside the metal and connector)?

kcos

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2011
Rochester, NY
mawnco.com
Hahaha if I could hold out till next month.

I'm on my last few bottles of juice and once they all gone I'll be in trouble.

Eh I've been on ECF for awhile (as member and as a lurker) and every few months there seems to be a resurgence of one type of atty.

Has LR 901's improved since last year? I have used LR 901's with I forgot which 3.7v mod and still not enough TH.

I thought the REO Grand was the same as the Wooden REO (aside the metal and connector)?

The 901 Lr do not hold a candle to a 306LR period . 306 better vapor and Th

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I don't have one but I really like the looks of the vmod. When they first came out, I was put off a little because of their proprietory attys, but the price on their silo attys is very reasonable and they have them in different ohms now. You can also use two small batteries for 6v vaping. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-video-reviews/215365-vmod-vapage-com-update.html

If you decide to forgo a bottom feeder, check out the kgo (slb clone), because they're supposed to hold their charge well.
See post 17 for a video link if you want to check it out. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ego-type-models/187735-slb-ego-kgo-1100-a-2.html#post3704508
Good luck and happy vaping.

evilferret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Flushing NY
I don't have one but I really like the looks of the vmod. When they first came out, I was put off a little because of their proprietory attys, but the price on their silo attys is very reasonable and they have them in different ohms now. You can also use two small batteries for 6v vaping. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-video-reviews/215365-vmod-vapage-com-update.html

If you decide to forgo a bottom feeder, check out the kgo (slb clone), because they're supposed to hold their charge well.
See post 17 for a video link if you want to check it out. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ego-type-models/187735-slb-ego-kgo-1100-a-2.html#post3704508
Good luck and happy vaping.

Researching into the Vmod too. I'm reading up on how to mod atties to work but seems like a lot of work (at least to me).

I think I had the kgo. Had way too many ego clones in my time. Hoping for a mod to use my now extensive battery collection (if I get the vmod, I'll have to source the stackable bats for 6v).

Edit: Anybody have experience with the DCA306's?

Last edited:

evilferret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Flushing NY
Yeah research killed the vmod for me.

Not sure if I want to do the whole 901 thing again. When I was playing with 901's I only had 3.7v mods.

Currently leaning towards VV army mod + both LR 306's and SR 306's + more RAWR juice. Maybe restock on some 510's or the 510 hybrids.

Any other suggestions for any equipment and supplier (especially for atties) it would be great.

Last edited:

Diagasa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
USA
Answers in blue.

For 306's do I need VV?
A true 1.5ohm 306 will work best on a true 3.7v mod of any kind such as one that takes a user replaceable battery like a SB,Helix,Don,Reo Mod, etc, etc.
The 306 works incredibly well with 306 atties.
A drip tip is what you would really need. Drip shields are primarily used for 901 atties due to the air hole on the side of the 901 instead of being on the bottom like a 510/306.
Unless you plan on getting into 901 atomizers, no in my opinion.
A bunch of pv's are available right now. It really depends on what you like and your vaping style. If you prefer to bottom feed get a Reo Mod of some sort. If you prefer dripping alomost any tube/box mod will do such as a Silver Bullet or a Megaladon or an Alpha Ultramax.
Yes 5v is to much for a 1.5ohm 306. There are some standard resistance 306 atties out there just do a google search :)!
GLV makes a very nice rugged pv but they are a little bit expensive imho... Never heard of the army tank but if are wanting to get lr306's I would not suggest a tank. I would instead suggest a 306 to 510 drip tip adapter and a Drip on Demand kit from MadVapes or a VapeMate from SuperT Manufacturing.
These mods except the 808 Reo will work for lr 306 atties.
VaporKings sell a ten pack of lr306 atties for $43. These are genuine Joye atties and they are roughly $4.40 a piece this way. Joye makes really good lr306 atties.

VV is not really meant for lr atties. You really don't want to put to much voltage on a LR atty or else you will pop the coil. Your better off getting a standard res atty and adjusting it to the voltage that suits you best. There is a lot at play with VV mods. Juice, Voltage, Ohms and the age of the atty in question will all be different factors in what voltage best suits the atty you are currently using. I personally add a few drops of Vodka or PGA to juices that don't have enough TH. Be careful though, as a little too much TH is hard to cover up without weakening your flavor of your juice.
Anybody have experience with the HH.357, the 306/510 hybrid and the smartvapes dripping automizer?When I first started vaping, a LR atty was only $4 to $5. Now I see that places selling things like the HH.357 are charging upwards of $20! This is rediculous, mainly because it is still an atomizer and it could still pop after five minutes or a month of vaping. There is also probably only a DOA warranty on the HH.357.... Stick with regular atties my friend and you will be much better off. Expensive is not always better. For example, a Porsche is nothing more than a supped up Volkswagon at twice the price. Be careful what you buy and as always buy in small quantities instead of large ones. You might buy just one joye LR306 and see how you like it before you buy a ten pack for $43. Although if you do buy the ten pack and don't like them you can easily sell them in the classifieds.Good Luck and Happy Vaping!

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I have an army tank and really love it. I did buy a couple 306s to try out and wasn't impressed. Not much flavor. I tried the 901's from vaporkings (10 for $40 shipped!) and really REALLY love them. Lots of vapor and the flavor is really pure. I'm wanting to get an empiremods drip shield when they come back in stock because they tend to be leaky if I'm not careful. The great thing about the army tank is bottom feeding a lr boge carto from crystalclearvaping! Top feeding (with TV waffle) only gets me a couple days of good flavor, but then if I put it on the army tank and bottom feed it I get MUCH more longevity out of it AND I can boil them to clean them and (after they dry) I can just pop it on the bottom feeder and feed it from the bottom and it works like a new atty! I don't really like a cleaned carto filling it from the top and I hated to throw them away cause the atty inside it was still going strong. This way I can reuse my cartos and make them last a whole lot longer. Also with a carto I don't seem to have to fed it as much as I do an atty. (but the flavor is a bit muted) and the carto will def tell you when it needs feeding.

I'm all about getting all I can out of something! Also.. (and this is a biggie!) I can change flavors with my cartos (on the army tank) by dripping a different flavor down into the catch cup, sucking it up in the carto and presto... instant flavor change. you prob can't do this with conflicting flavors but I always have waffles in my bottle and most anything mixes with waffles! Right now I've got waffles in my bottle (duh!) and am dripping caramel popcorn down into the boge carto and the flavor of the caramel popcorn really shines through. If I want to switch back to waffle all I have to do is wait till the popcorn runs out (and it'll let you know!) and squeeze the bottle, give a suck and it's back to waffle :) I'm also dripping TV tasyfinger. I love the versitality of the army tank and it's paying for itself because I no longer have to buy 15 cartos every month. Plus, now that I've found an inexpensive atty that I love I'm all set. I've also found that the 901 attys last a long time, been using this one for over 2 weeks, no cleaning except running 100% PG through it (which has a nice mellow flavor in itself). The army tank is 510 threaded so a 510 to 901 adaptor is needed. I can't wait to get a drip shield! Even though the 901 tends to be messy, it's well worth it! And I hate leaks! so that's saying a lot about how I feel about this atty LOL

If you do get an army tank, I've found the aw imr batts work the best with it. They are pretty inexpensive at superTmanufacturing and shipping is less than $2.

One more thing.. I have an Old Goat bottom feeder (the site says they are $40 but he's lowered the price to $30) and it works super great with the LR boge carto. Same thing as the army tank but this is a fixed voltage. (and a lot cheaper) I don't use attys on it cause it tends to leak but with cartos I've had no leaking and I can change flavors the same way I do with the army tank.

I do use low resistance attys and cartos on my vv army tank, I just turn the voltage down. That's the beauty of variable voltage, I can turn the voltage to match the atty or carto that I'm using. Since I still use the 3.7 Old Goat and an ego (and I have to have low resistance on those)I buy all my stuff Low resistance.

Last edited:

evilferret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Flushing NY
I have an army tank and really love it. I did buy a couple 306s to try out and wasn't impressed. Not much flavor. I tried the 901's from vaporkings (10 for $40 shipped!) and really REALLY love them. Lots of vapor and the flavor is really pure. I'm wanting to get an empiremods drip shield when they come back in stock because they tend to be leaky if I'm not careful. The great thing about the army tank is bottom feeding a lr boge carto from crystalclearvaping! Top feeding (with TV waffle) only gets me a couple days of good flavor, but then if I put it on the army tank and bottom feed it I get MUCH more longevity out of it AND I can boil them to clean them and (after they dry) I can just pop it on the bottom feeder and feed it from the bottom and it works like a new atty! I don't really like a cleaned carto filling it from the top and I hated to throw them away cause the atty inside it was still going strong. This way I can reuse my cartos and make them last a whole lot longer. Also with a carto I don't seem to have to fed it as much as I do an atty. (but the flavor is a bit muted) and the carto will def tell you when it needs feeding.

I'm all about getting all I can out of something! Also.. (and this is a biggie!) I can change flavors with my cartos (on the army tank) by dripping a different flavor down into the catch cup, sucking it up in the carto and presto... instant flavor change. you prob can't do this with conflicting flavors but I always have waffles in my bottle and most anything mixes with waffles! Right now I've got waffles in my bottle (duh!) and am dripping caramel popcorn down into the boge carto and the flavor of the caramel popcorn really shines through. If I want to switch back to waffle all I have to do is wait till the popcorn runs out (and it'll let you know!) and squeeze the bottle, give a suck and it's back to waffle :) I'm also dripping TV tasyfinger. I love the versitality of the army tank and it's paying for itself because I no longer have to buy 15 cartos every month. Plus, now that I've found an inexpensive atty that I love I'm all set. I've also found that the 901 attys last a long time, been using this one for over 2 weeks, no cleaning except running 100% PG through it (which has a nice mellow flavor in itself). The army tank is 510 threaded so a 510 to 901 adaptor is needed. I can't wait to get a drip shield! Even though the 901 tends to be messy, it's well worth it! And I hate leaks! so that's saying a lot about how I feel about this atty LOL

If you do get an army tank, I've found the aw imr batts work the best with it. They are pretty inexpensive at superTmanufacturing and shipping is less than $2.

One more thing.. I have an Old Goat bottom feeder (the site says they are $40 but he's lowered the price to $30) and it works super great with the LR boge carto. Same thing as the army tank but this is a fixed voltage. (and a lot cheaper) I don't use attys on it cause it tends to leak but with cartos I've had no leaking and I can change flavors the same way I do with the army tank.

I do use low resistance attys and cartos on my vv army tank, I just turn the voltage down. That's the beauty of variable voltage, I can turn the voltage to match the atty or carto that I'm using. Since I still use the 3.7 Old Goat and an ego (and I have to have low resistance on those)I buy all my stuff Low resistance.

Lol, I was trying to convince myself not to get back into 901's. I was off analogs the longest with LR901's.

I'm trying to stay away from cartomizers (though I'm planning to get more slotted DC coils to use with my Liquinator. I fail out slotting these).

I guess I'm mainly looking for a good VV/bottomfed setup. I already have a Wooden Reo and a Buzz currently in rotation and would like to combine them. I like having one PV.

I stopped using the Liquinator since I had to have two filled up since I chain vaped. These things leak like a sieve when hot. Actually anybody knows if the SS models offer better heat dissipation?

Thanks all

Eh I keep forgetting about SR and HV atties/cartomizers. I still use 3.7 mods or eGo clones on the go and hate having too many stock. I've mixed different resistance atties in a box once and it wasn't fun.

Last edited:

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
......I'm trying to stay away from cartomizers (though I'm planning to get more slotted DC coils to use with my Liquinator. I fail out slotting these)......

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tips-tricks/226475-thank-me-later.html

Since I love dripping so well, I'm planning on trying this in the future. Should work for your 901 or what ever you decide on. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/atomizer-mods/221377-stainless-steel-doughnuts-dripping.html

Also, have you seen the new duel coil atty?

So many things, so little time to check them. :laugh: :vapor:

evilferret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Flushing NY
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tips-tricks/226475-thank-me-later.html

Since I love dripping so well, I'm planning on trying this in the future. Should work for your 901 or what ever you decide on. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/atomizer-mods/221377-stainless-steel-doughnuts-dripping.html

Also, have you seen the new duel coil atty?

So many things, so little time to check them. :laugh: :vapor:

I know what you mean.

I'll try that with my remaining DC cartos but rather take pre-drilled at this point.

Problem is I don't want to wait for anything. Need supplies asap. I already broke and yeah...

So far

SS liquinator + 5 slotted dc coils + 5 slotted 510 cartos + 3 slotted kr808 cartos (for kicks) + 510 -> 901 adapter from Vaporescence.

The Map drip shield from empiremods + the 306 XL drip tip to use the shield with.

Just need atties/bats/juice now. More suggestions and where would be great!

Probably getting a bunch of 510/306/901's. I'm back on analogs so guess having more is better at this point.

Thanks all.

Edit: Reading the doughnut thread and wow. Must figure out which atty and where to get the screens online.

Last edited:

evilferret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Flushing NY
Where did you order your 306's?

On the waiting list and its at 3 weeks now. Need to buy supplies in preparation. Any suggestions for someplace to get SR 306/901/510 atties? I'm planning to buy 2-3 of each and try to find a combo that'll work.

Planning to get Johnson's Creek, anybody know how their current batch is?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread