Need help deciding.. Vamo V3 or iTaste V3.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate M.

Verified Member
Jul 18, 2013
Cape Cod, MA
I'm ready to graduate from my eRoll and a few analogs per day to a VV unit.

Been doing research for a while, and though I do plan on getting a Provari Mini one of these days, I'd like to start off well with a variable-voltage unit.

I plan on running either the Vamo V3 or iTaste V3.0, both with a Kanger Protank 2.5.

Any suggestions?

At first I was thinking the iTaste would suit me better since I like the 'less loud' form factor and design, but since I have my eRoll's to fall back on I was thinking that the Vamo is a better performer.

Is there anyone who's experienced both units?

Thanks so much for your time,
Nate

SilverZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Illinois, USA
I have both and and love both. It really comes down to a matter of personal preference. The regular size Pro tank is quite top heavy on the iTaste VV 3.0 but the mini Pro Tank v2 should be out quite soon.

I have both as well; I use my VAMO V3 with a Protank at home and take an iTaste VV V3 with an EVOD on it with me when I go out.

The Protank will definitely make the iTaste very top heavy, and it is wider than the actual mod. It works fine, but I don't really care for the looks of it. Both mods have the same features essentially, but in my experience with them both you will get much longer battery life (I can use my VAMO for about 24 hours with a single 18650 battery) and a better vape experience with the VAMO as the battery drains. The tradeoff is the size and weight of it (which is why it doesn't leave my house often).

My iTaste VV V3 works great and I take it with me everywhere, and it looks good with an EVOD; very lightweight and a good performer, but the battery won't last me a full day. The one issue I have with it is that the +/- buttons on mine rattle a lot, so keep that in mind if those things tend to annoy you.

Bottom line: they are both great for what they are.

SilverZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Illinois, USA
I see.. So it will be a matter of size mostly. As far as longevity and durability, can I count on either to last me more than 3 months?

Thanks a lot!
Nate

Mine are both less than three months old, so I can't really say. My VAMO feels really solid; with an 18650 battery in it and a Protank on top it almost feels like I'm holding a hammer. No play in the buttons, the screen is fantastic, no problems with the threading, no rattles at all.

As I mentioned, the iTaste's buttons are a bit loose and rattle a bit but the overall finish of the battery is really nice.

At the price point at which both of these mods are available I don't really expect them to last me forever, but that's just me. If I can get a quality vape without spending hundreds of dollars I'm happy.

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
I don't have a vamo, but I do have the itaste v3. For it's price and features you really can't go wrong. I don't like huge devices, personally, but the itaste does have a couple of limitations - settable voltage ranges from 3.3V to 5.0V in .1V increments. Wattage settings range from 6W to 11W in .5W increments.

While I'm perfectly happy with staying within those voltage ranges, you may not be. Also, I really wish I had a little more fine control over the wattage settings. I've found with some setups, I'd like to run between 7.5W and 8W and it won't let me unless I adjust the voltage after doing the conversion.

SilverZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Illinois, USA
I don't have a vamo, but I do have the itaste v3. For it's price and features you really can't go wrong. I don't like huge devices, personally, but the itaste does have a couple of limitations - settable voltage ranges from 3.3V to 5.0V in .1V increments. Wattage settings range from 6W to 11W in .5W increments.

While I'm perfectly happy with staying within those voltage ranges, you may not be. Also, I really wish I had a little more fine control over the wattage settings. I've found with some setups, I'd like to run between 7.5W and 8W and it won't let me unless I adjust the voltage after doing the conversion.

Good point. The VAMO V3 works the same way so keep that in mind.

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
I don't have the itaste, but it looks pretty cool for an ego style battery. I know you can purchase a vamo v3 stainless steel for $36 or so from fasttech.com last time I looked. The chrome vamo v3 that i have (didn't have SS at the time of buying) was $32.18 with free shipping.

Plus you add in batteries and a good charger , you would be looking at another 30-40 bucks. The vamo v3 chrome I have is a bit heavier than I expected, but you get used to the weight rather quickly. I prefer to leave the house with ego twists , but you should bring an extra battery with you cause they always die on me at the wrong times lol.

The vamo is nice that if you have multiple batteries, you always have a fresh battery ready to go. If you can afford it , why not grab both. It's nice to have multiple flavors at the ready on different batteries. I have three going as I type this... Ahlusion smooth criminal, and sahara and AVE Boba's Bounty.... Therefore you can refresh your taste when it gets dulled by one juice.... come back a bit later and the full flavor is there again.

Also the vamo can almost double as a weapon lol... kinda like holding a medium sized mag flashlight feel.

P.S I've dropped my twice and works fine... but they weren't bad drops like concrete. If you take care of it should work for a long time.

Last edited:

Nate M.

Verified Member
Jul 18, 2013
Cape Cod, MA
I'd hate to have to smash someone with it, but good to know haha. Not bad, if I can get away with buying the Vamo that cheap I'll prob buy it now. Are those 18650's and chargers available at like Radioshack or Walmart? If so I may just order the Vamo from FT, then the iTaste from a local vendor to tide me over.

Thanks guys,
Nate

I don't have the itaste, but it looks pretty cool for an ego style battery. I know you can purchase a vamo v3 stainless steel for $36 or so from fasttech.com last time I looked. The chrome vamo v3 that i have (didn't have SS at the time of buying) was $32.18 with free shipping.

Plus you add in batteries and a good charger , you would be looking at another 30-40 bucks. The vamo v3 chrome I have is a bit heavier than I expected, but you get used to the weight rather quickly. I prefer to leave the house with ego twists , but you should bring an extra battery with you cause they always die on me at the wrong times lol.

The vamo is nice that if you have multiple batteries, you always have a fresh battery ready to go. If you can afford it , why not grab both. It's nice to have multiple flavors at the ready on different batteries. I have three going as I type this... Ahlusion smooth criminal, and sahara and AVE Boba's Bounty.... Therefore you can refresh your taste when it gets dulled by one juice.... come back a bit later and the full flavor is there again.

Also the vamo can almost double as a weapon lol... kinda like holding a medium sized mag flashlight feel.

P.S I've dropped my twice and works fine... but they weren't bad drops like concrete. If you take care of it should work for a long time.

damthisisfun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2012
Katy, TX
I have the Vamo V2 and Innokin SVD - both are great - and yes can be used for self defense - lol. I dont care much for the Vamo V3's looks - but that is me. The I3 - looks great - but doesnt it have a built in battery - that is only like 800 mah??? That seems a little low and looks like would require quite a bit of recharging - depends on what u vape with (ohms) and how often. Plus - once the bat dies - time to throw it out....unlike the weapons that should last longer - all you would need is to buy more batts.......

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
They're both great devices. I have both as well and its all a matter of preference with size in my opinion. Only real difference performance wise is that the iTaste V3 only goes to 5v and 11w while the Vamo goes to 6v and 15w. with the Vamo. To be honest, I only went up to 11w on the Vamo on a 2 ohm carto. Build quality wise, the Vamo feels well built whereas the iTaste felt kinda cheap in my opinion. Good luck on you decision!

On another note. I also have the iTaste SVD and LOVE it. This might be something to look into and they're just as inexpensive.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
My SVD came with burrs on the vent holes and the threads are not nearly as smooth as my two VAMO v 2s and are a bit wobbly. There is also the awkwardness of the placement of the screen which seems upside down to me. On the plus side I appreciate being able to lock my wattage settings.

The Chinese VW devices all use the same chips. I think most people would be the ahead of the game by choosing on the basis of features and price rather than engage in what is likely to be wishful thinking about build quality. That said, neither my VAMOs nor SVD have given me any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread